• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Your Dips with the New 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set: Asian Seasoning Included!

it was amazing!Sesame oil, touch of soya sauce and a dash of seasoning. I used it to dip pot stickers...it was amazing!
kam
Staff member
Has anyone tried the Asian Seasoning as a dip?? (Since it is included in the 1-2-3 Dip Set in the new catalog.)

I use the Southwest, Dill and BBQ as Dips all the time. And I plan on trying the Chipotle as a Dip soon (if I ever get around to it). I never thought creating a dip from the Asian Seasoning.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this...

kam said:
Has anyone tried the Asian Seasoning as a dip?? (Since it is included in the 1-2-3 Dip Set in the new catalog.)

I use the Southwest, Dill and BBQ as Dips all the time. And I plan on trying the Chipotle as a Dip soon (if I ever get around to it). I never thought creating a dip from the Asian Seasoning.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this...

I saw that too and thought it was kinda weird! There were much better choices for dips, I think. Maybe they're just trying to pimp out the Asian seasoning...

leftymac said:
I saw that too and thought it was kinda weird!

Exactly.

Now that I am looking at the Pantry page, maybe it has to do with keeping the set containing Seasonings ($5.75 all the same size) instead of including a rub that would be a smaller bottle and lower price????

The set looks "nice & neat" all being the same size bottles.

bump...Anyone tried the Asian Seasoning as a dip??

bumping again....really, no one has tried this as a dip?? I can't figure out why it is in a dip set.

I am usually up for trying anything...and I love the Asian Seasoning...I just can't bring myself to add mayo & sour cream to it. It just doesn't sound appealing...just my opinion.

Maybe email the Test Kitchen and ask them what they recommend. I can't imagine it as a dip either....

But then, it's my least used seasoning.

LOL - maybe that's why it's in there - they are trying to move some stock!:rolleyes::D

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe email the Test Kitchen and ask them what they recommend. I can't imagine it as a dip either....

But then, it's my least used seasoning.

LOL - maybe that's why it's in there - they are trying to move some stock!:rolleyes::D

I can't even fathom it as a dip. My stomach is telling me not to try it.

leftymac said:
I can't even fathom it as a dip. My stomach is telling me not to try it.

Hey Keith - I feel like we've had this conversation before.....:D

What is that again in French? ;)

ChefBeckyD said:

Have I been repeating myself already? Shame on me.

ChefBeckyD said:

Seeing as there are native French speakers here, I shan't translate it for fear I'd be embarassed. ;)

leftymac said:
Have I been repeating myself already? Shame on me.

I was just thinking it was Deja Vu......but that's not spelled right is it? That's where I needed your help!

ChefBeckyD said:
I was just thinking it was Deja Vu......but that's not spelled right is it? That's where I needed your help!

déjà vu :thumbup:

leftymac said:
déjà vu :thumbup:

There! I just didn't know where the little `'s went! :balloon:

ChefBeckyD said:
There! I just didn't know where the little `'s went! :balloon:

accent aigu - ´
accent grave - `
accent circonflexe - ˆ
le cédille - ç
le tréma - ¨

Thus concludes today's lesson in diacriticals.

*cough*nerd!*cough*;)

leftymac said:
accent aigu - ´
accent grave - `
accent circonflexe - ˆ
le cédille - ç
le tréma - ¨

Thus concludes today's lesson in diacriticals.

I just love that this site is SOOOO educational!;):D:eek::rolleyes:

leftymac said:
It's my job to be a nerd!
I know that. That's why it was coughed with love.

Heck, in my house "nerd" is a compliment.

chefann said:
I know that. That's why it was coughed with love.

Heck, in my house "nerd" is a compliment.

Nerds are sexy :love:

So it seems that we're all on the same wavelength that the Asian Seasoning as a dip is just kinda scary. Yet, it seems that none of us have actually tried it. Am I gonna have to be the brave one and whip some up?

The only way I know to make a dip is sour cream & mayo. Should I try it this way or does someone have another suggestion?

I have used it as a dip!!!! It is very strong to me so I say use just a little.

Sesame oil, touch of soya sauce and a dash of seasoning. I used it to dip pot stickers in.HTH

rennea said:
I have used it as a dip!!!! It is very strong to me so I say use just a little.

Sesame oil, touch of soya sauce and a dash of seasoning. I used it to dip pot stickers in.HTH

That sounds much better than a traditional dip. Now I can stop throwing up in my mouth thinking of it mixed with mayonnaise.

leftymac said:
That sounds much better than a traditional dip. Now I can stop throwing up in my mouth thinking of it mixed with mayonnaise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the descriptive mental picture!:yuck:

But that does make a lot more sense - and sound much better - than a creamy dip.

ChefBeckyD said:
leftymac said:
That sounds much better than a traditional dip. Now I can stop throwing up in my mouth thinking of it mixed with mayonnaise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the descriptive mental picture!:yuck:

But that does make a lot more sense - and sound much better - than a creamy dip.

Though I'd call it more of a dipping sauce than a dip. Dips are for chips and veggies! :thumbup:

okay KeithAs another French speaking consultant, I have to ask... how does one type "e" with an accent? What do I need to do to unlock the French "e" variations?

peichef said:
okay Keith

As another French speaking consultant, I have to ask... how does one type "e" with an accent? What do I need to do to unlock the French "e" variations?

All depends if you are on a mac or PC! If it's a mac, then it's the option key + a certain letter, depending upon what accent you one. I can give that list if necessary. If it's a PC, it's the alt key + a number combination from the number pad:

Accent or Special Character
ALT +

ALT +

a with grave accent à 133 À 0192
a with circumflex â 131 Â 0194
a with tréma ä 132 Ä 142
a e ligature æ 145 Æ 146
c with cedilla ç 135 Ç 128
e with acute accent é 130 É 144
e with grave accent è 138 È 0200
e with circumflex ê 136 Ê 0202
e with tréma ë 137 Ë 0203
i with circumflex î 140 Î 0206
i with tréma ï 139 Ï 0207
o with circumflex ô 147 Ô 0212
o e ligature œ 0156 Œ 0140
u with grave accent ù 151 Ù 0217
u with circumflex û 150 Û 0219
u with tréma ü 129 Ü 154
French quotation marks « 174 » 175
Euro symbol € 0128

Related to Transform Your Dips with the New 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set: Asian Seasoning Included!

1. What is included in the 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set?

The 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set includes three versatile dipping bowls, a stainless steel whisk, and an Asian seasoning blend.

2. How does the 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set transform dips?

The set includes three different sized dipping bowls, allowing you to create a variety of dips in different sizes and flavors. The stainless steel whisk helps you mix and blend ingredients seamlessly. The included Asian seasoning adds a unique and delicious flavor to any dip.

3. Are the dipping bowls microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, the dipping bowls are microwave and dishwasher safe for easy heating and cleaning.

4. Can I use the 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set for other recipes besides dips?

Yes, the dipping bowls can also be used for serving sauces, condiments, and small snacks. The whisk can also be used for mixing and blending ingredients in other recipes.

5. Is the 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set a good gift idea?

Yes, the 1-2-3 Dip Gift Set is a great gift for anyone who loves hosting or cooking. It is also a useful addition to any kitchen and can inspire creativity in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef