• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Your BBQ Game with Our Flexible Basket for Fruits and Veggies

In summary, the flexible grill basket is great for cooking fruit or veggies. The key is to not overcook them.
Mitzyz
Has anyone used the flexible BBQ basket to do fruit or veggies? Do veggies need to be sliced rather thick or is it ok for them to scoot/roll around in there? What was your experience?

I have played around with some fruit. I find the softer fruits to be rather difficult to remove from the basket.Pineapple and apples are especially yummy on the grill.Peach halves work if you keep the skin on.I didn't care for bananas or strawberries. I really thought they were going to taste good, but was greatly disappointed. Let's just say I've got some kids that will throw anything on the grill and taste it and I was pleasantly surprised by the apples! Just core them, slice on the simple slicer for the thickest setting to make thick rings and grill about 2 minutes each side. cut in quarters and serve over vanilla ice cream or yogurt with a bit of the butterscotch topping. Yeah. It's pretty good!

oooooh..sounds nummy...and I bet you could sprinkle them with a bit of sugar and cinnamon plus to make them gooey!

The key is to not overcook them... that's when they are difficult to get out in one piece.

Corn on the cob works great - I can get 4 to 6 ears in the basket, depending on how "fat" the ears are. I'm just putting them in, after shucking - no foil/butter/etc. Seems to take about 5 minutes per side (definitely YMMV - a lot will depend on your grill temperature, etc)

If you start on the flexible side and flip to the "harder" side it works better too =)

Thanks! That sounds great. I am thinking about doing some thicker sliced fresh pineapple with a little brown sugar sprinkled on it, but I think that I may have to slice it kind of thick so it doesn't slip around in there. I guess that the key would be to fill the basket so it doesn't slip around, huh?

Try grilling your corn with the husk still on - the corn takes on a roasted flavor and only turns dark if the outer leaves singe. Use the silicone oven mit and remove the husks (or just grit your teeth and pull with your bare hands - keep the steam away from your hands and face and you'll do fine!) The silks and strands just pull off, and the corn stays hot.

scottcooks said:
Try grilling your corn with the husk still on - the corn takes on a roasted flavor and only turns dark if the outer leaves singe. Use the silicone oven mit and remove the husks (or just grit your teeth and pull with your bare hands - keep the steam away from your hands and face and you'll do fine!) The silks and strands just pull off, and the corn stays hot.

I've done it with & without the husk, and also w/o the husk, then buttered/seasoned/wrapped in foil :) Still works in the new basket, regardless, and makes it quick to turn.

And the silicone oven mitt works great to pull off the husk & silk after cooking. I often shuck it first, since the 4 & 6 year old can help (unlike when it's done after grilling - too hot for the kids!)

SpiritdancerIA said:
I've done it with & without the husk, and also w/o the husk, then buttered/seasoned/wrapped in foil :) Still works in the new basket, regardless, and makes it quick to turn.

And the silicone oven mitt works great to pull off the husk & silk after cooking. I often shuck it first, since the 4 & 6 year old can help (unlike when it's done after grilling - too hot for the kids!)

I grill it with the husk on too. Afterwards I take the kitchen shears and snip off both ends (including the "handle" of the corn) and run the shears from one end to the other to open the husk and then just roll the husk and silk off all in one swoop.

I love the new flexible grill basket! Haven't tried fruit or veggies in it yet, but crammed it full of fish the other day & grilled away! Soooo easy! My bf never wanted to grill fish before, unless it was on a cedar plank, and that's not my favorite way to eat it, but now he's all for it
flexiblegrillbasket1.jpg

1. What is the Flexible BBQ Basket made of?

The Flexible BBQ Basket is made of durable stainless steel, making it perfect for outdoor grilling.

2. Can the Flexible BBQ Basket be used with all types of grills?

Yes, the Flexible BBQ Basket is designed to be used with all types of grills, including gas, charcoal, and electric.

3. How do I clean the Flexible BBQ Basket?

The Flexible BBQ Basket is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water for best results.

4. What is the maximum weight capacity of the Flexible BBQ Basket?

The Flexible BBQ Basket can hold up to 5 pounds of food, making it perfect for grilling a variety of meats and vegetables.

5. Can the Flexible BBQ Basket be used for grilling delicate foods?

Yes, the Flexible BBQ Basket's adjustable wire design allows you to securely grill delicate foods such as fish and vegetables without worrying about them falling apart or sticking to the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AJ-1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies