• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trade Show and Fair Ideas: Tips and Experiences for Success

In summary, this woman had a successful trade fair by setting up a variety of displays and activities to attract customers. She suggests using a checklist to make sure all your supplies are prepped in advance, and offers helpful advice for succeeding at trade shows and fairs.
Veevahchef
Silver Member
Hello all!

I have been lurking around here for a while now looking for any ideas on what to do and what works best at trade shows and fairs. Not that I've never done one, or lots for that matter. I had a very successful one not that long ago, but i really love to hear everyone elses ideas that have been successful in the past, and there is always room for improvement right?
so come on everyone! start sending the ideas and experiences this way! I have one on Saturday that I haven't had even a free minute to start to get together, and I think its going to be a doozey! I will probably have to throw everything together quickly on Friday night! (I work during the day and all the kids lessons and stuff have started, and on my free nights I've had shows...just no time to work onthis at all!)
Any flyers, coupons, display ideas would be greatly appreciated !!
And I think this will be a very helpful thread for many of us!
OH YA.. does anyone have a Trade Fair Checklist or something made up?? what a great tool that would be! I am the "Queen" of forgetfulness, and this is always my biggest problem when i do these things, I almost always forget something that was important.
Thanks on advance for your cooperation!

I can't wait to see all your replies! (I will be very emotionally disturbed if no one replies!!) LOL :eek:

Just need to put my self back here, I disapeared from the main page immediatly...LOL pushy aren't I
Bring on the trade fair stuff girls!!

I did a little local fair and I did a little of everything...
I set up some cookware with a sign that said Cookware Sale! 1/2 off! and then in tiny print *when you host at least a $300 cooking show (I had a fellow consultant with me when I was setting up and she didn't even SEE the small print, so maybe it was too small...)
I used my 3-tiered stand with some white ribbon and put the small square on top with a little wedding cake topper, then on the middle I put a medium square with some marbles wrapped up in tulle (ala favors), the mini-whisk and 2 small bamboo spoons tied together with ribbon and some flowers and a wedding shower invitation. Then on the bottom I had a medium square with the wedding registry brochures.
I put up a help wanted sign and put opportunity brochures and Empowering Women magazine near it.
I put up my stoneware storage rack with a few pieces of stoneware.
I had my tool turnabout for people to check out.
I of course had catalogs and order forms.
I handed out recipes and mini-brochures.
I put my medium square with cranberry on a cookbook stand and wrote on it with a dry-erase marker: SPECIALS and told anyone who books a party at the fair will get party in a bag (I bring it all) and put the upcoming booking and recruiting specials.

I think that's all...oh I had it on my patriotic tablecloth and used the sign from Nancy's Artworks logo pack that I had laminated...Had a pretty decent turnout, hoping to do more fairs soon! I love to hear everyone's ideas!

Thanks so much!! Sounds good, did it turn out well for you?

Keep em comin cheffers!!

I sold 10 quick-stirs by having pink water with stars in it!!

huh! cool idea! how did you do it? food coloring in water? what were the stars made of? like glitter?

Its like confetti from the party stores. Like you put on tables at receptions. I am doing a fall festival in October and doing the same thing - except with light orange tinted water and halloween sparkly confetti. It really helps show off the pitcher and kids love to PLUNGE! You might want to tape the lid on!

You might also do a search in the file section on the word "fairs" as there are a number of files there that looked quite helpful even though they are old.

I found this on here. I altered it a little bit. I really like the idea. I haven't used it yet, but I have a booth in October I plan on trying it at.

Attachments

• Fair Slip and Recipe GREAT.doc
    75 KB · Views: 587
Do a free giveaway for lead slips (drawing slips). I just use the show lead slips. I have blown up balloons and put little slips of paper inside with a free gift to be ordered with their show when they book a party. Book a party - pop a balloon and get the free item. Talk to people, they love PC, find out what and why they love it! Create excitement about the upcoming specials. I booked four shows and 4 catalog shows from Fair booths. Sometimes the smaller one seem to be better, because you may not get as much traffic, but the people who do stop are seriously interested and love PC. Work it girl!!

Do a free giveaway for lead slips (drawing slips). I just use the show lead slips. I have blown up balloons and put little slips of paper inside with a free gift to be ordered with their show when they book a party. Book a party - pop a balloon and get the free item. Talk to people, they love PC, find out what and why they love it! Create excitement about the upcoming specials. I booked four shows and 4 catalog shows from Fair booths. Sometimes the smaller one seem to be better, because you may not get as much traffic, but the people who do stop are seriously interested and love PC. Work it girl!!

thanks for the great ideas. I will use the flyer on her - new - planning on my first fair in a few weeks.

I took the PC recipe cards and put a sticker on it with my info. As people walked by I offered them a card. Very few people will say no to a recipe. Next you ask "Are you familiar with Pampered Chef"? Their answer will keep the conversation going. The next thing I say is "Are you currently working with a consultant"? Then finally, "Would you be comfortable giving me your name and number and we can talk further at a more appropriate time"? If I thought they were a potiential customer, I gave them a Mini-Catalog and explained to them about my website. I have done the State Fair now for three years, and this is how I did it this year. Always before I had a drawing and had 100+ slips to wade thru. This year I did not do a drawing and walked away with solid leads to follow up on rather than bunches of slips that people filled out just to get the drawing.
dj

fairs at state officeI have a fair /vendor show at a state of Ct building and they want me to have a state tax # who do i get this from at Pamperedchef , will they give me a number , has anyone ever asked for this before

Thanks Doreen Zaino
[email protected]

Related to Trade Show and Fair Ideas: Tips and Experiences for Success

1. What are some unique trade show and fair ideas to make my booth stand out?

Some unique ideas include incorporating interactive elements such as cooking demonstrations, offering free samples or giveaways, creating a photo booth with props related to your products, and using eye-catching visuals and signage. You can also consider partnering with other vendors to create a joint booth or offering exclusive discounts for event attendees.

2. How can I effectively engage with visitors at a trade show or fair?

To effectively engage with visitors, make sure to have knowledgeable staff members at the booth who can answer questions and provide information about your products. Encourage visitors to interact with your products and offer demos or samples. Utilize social media to promote your booth and offer special promotions or contests during the event. You can also have a sign-up sheet or digital form for visitors to leave their contact information for future follow-up.

3. How can I make the most of a limited budget for a trade show or fair?

There are several ways to make the most of a limited budget for a trade show or fair. Consider sharing a booth with another vendor, creating eye-catching DIY decorations, utilizing social media for promotions instead of expensive print materials, and focusing on one or two key products instead of displaying your entire product line. You can also try negotiating with event organizers for lower booth fees or offering discounts for bulk purchases.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when participating in a trade show or fair?

Some common mistakes to avoid include not properly preparing staff members, having an unorganized or cluttered booth, not having enough promotional materials or samples, not engaging with visitors, and not following up with potential leads after the event. It's also important to research the event beforehand and make sure it is the right fit for your target audience.

5. How can I measure the success of my participation in a trade show or fair?

One way to measure success is by tracking the number of leads or sales generated during the event. You can also ask for feedback from visitors through surveys or social media. Look at your return on investment (ROI) by comparing the cost of participating in the event to the revenue generated. It's also important to follow up with potential leads and track any sales or partnerships that result from the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
613flavah
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies