• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toSubmit or Not to Submit Dilemma

In summary, the conversation discusses a dilemma faced by the participant regarding submitting a show for Pan-O-Rama points. The participant closed a show and is waiting for the host to send the balance in checks, but is unsure whether to trust the host to send the checks in time for the deadline. Suggestions are given to have the host use a debit card or have the order shipped to avoid any potential issues. The conversation also mentions the deadline for Pan-O-Rama points and the option to earn additional points through recruiting. In conclusion, the participant decides to trust the host and have the order shipped to avoid any potential issues.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have always had the business practice of NEVER submitting a show until I had all the monies due me. Well we all know tonight at midnight is the last to submit shows for pan-o-rama points. I closed a November show last night and the host (she is a past PC consultant) is sending me the balance in checks this afternoon. The host has ordered the 5 & 7 pieces Exec. Cookware!!! Two of the three checks are small (under $30). The larger check is, of course, the hosts. I would drive to pick them up but she has a school final this morning plus she lives 45 minutes away and we just got blasted with snow (drive would take me over an hour). The host has also rebooked for February because of the special that month. I currently have enough money in my account to cover the withdrawl. DILEMMA: I really want to trust her to put the checks in the mail today PLUS I really want the added Pan-O-Rama points. DO I TRUST HER? SHOULD I SUBMIT THE SHOW? What would be your gut feeling on this?

ask her if she has a debit card instead of a check...

THAT is a great idea! Nearly everyone does nowdays and if she's writing a check... it's the same thing anyway! Great advise soinlove808!

Or have it shipped to you. The peace of mind would be worth the drive to deliver it.

I'm with Beth. I'd submit the show, but ship it to me.

If you know her, I'd trust her. If she's a new host I'd ask for a debit.

I'd have it shipped to you definitely. I had a customer, HAD to have the decorator... well, it's been 2 weeks since I let her know (and I've called a couple times) and still no check and no return call. I'm SOOOOO glad I had it sent to me! Worst case scenario, I keep it! LOL... but being out that money made my one show bounce with HO... so just make sure you have enough in your account for your end to cover it.

I thought POR points were due at the end of November? Reread the flyer (I cannot pull it up right now) and double check. This may save the headache of submitting the order.

I would call and ask for a debit card. I close 99% of my shows over the phone with my host and always get a debit or credit card.

I'm in the same boat. I'm having the order sent to me and then delivering it to her. It's her first show and I want to be sure I'm not left without the $$.

wadesgirl said:
I thought POR points were due at the end of November? Reread the flyer (I cannot pull it up right now) and double check. This may save the headache of submitting the order.

I would call and ask for a debit card. I close 99% of my shows over the phone with my host and always get a debit or credit card.

This is what the website says about POR:
The information below reflects the points you have earned through cookware sales of Professional, Executive, and Stainless Cookware and includes all cookware sales from Shows held and individual orders placed between Aug. 1 and midnight CT Nov. 30, 2007. All cookware sales must be submitted by midnight CT on December 5, 2007. You may also have earned points by recruiting Aug. 13 - Sept. 17, 2007, to receive these points, your Consultant(s) must qualify by October 31, 2007. You may select only one of each piece of cookware shown below.

This is for POR ...

quiverfull7 said:
This is what the website says about POR:
The information below reflects the points you have earned through cookware sales of Professional, Executive, and Stainless Cookware and includes all cookware sales from Shows held and individual orders placed between Aug. 1 and midnight CT Nov. 30, 2007. All cookware sales must be submitted by midnight CT on December 5, 2007. You may also have earned points by recruiting Aug. 13 - Sept. 17, 2007, to receive these points, your Consultant(s) must qualify by October 31, 2007. You may select only one of each piece of cookware shown below.

This is for POR ...

Yah! I couldn't remember exactly what it had said and thought it was only through the end of the month (since we had 4 months to collect points) but this makes me happy, it means I can get my sister the lid for her 12" skillet.

I agree if you know trust her. But have the order shipped to you. It seems to HO about 7-8 days to take the money from your account so if it's not to you by day 5 I would make a trip to pick it up.

Only if you have the money in your account. I submitted a show yesterday and they already took the money out of the account. I have online banking and saw it. So I wouldn't play with fire and submit if you don't have the money to cover it. I had a host say that she would mail 3 checks to me last week. I called yesterday to say I hadn't received them. She offered to put it on her credit card and get the money from the other people. They will make it work if they need to. I made a policy to never put in an order without all the money submitted. Hopefully I will be able to stick to it.

climbercanoe3 said:
Only if you have the money in your account. I submitted a show yesterday and they already took the money out of the account. I have online banking and saw it. So I wouldn't play with fire and submit if you don't have the money to cover it. I had a host say that she would mail 3 checks to me last week. I called yesterday to say I hadn't received them. She offered to put it on her credit card and get the money from the other people. They will make it work if they need to. I made a policy to never put in an order without all the money submitted. Hopefully I will be able to stick to it.

That is amazing! They just debited the amount from my account on Nov 29th for shows submitted Nov 19th. None of my shows from Nov 30th have been deducted so far. Did you use your PC Debit or a different card?

Why have it shipped to you? Just have her pay with her debit and don't get on those snowy roads unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. I hope it works out for you. While it won't count for POR it will can count for the SAT!!

Yup, PC Debit. I wish I knew how it worked!

Chef Kearns said:
Why have it shipped to you? Just have her pay with her debit and don't get on those snowy roads unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. I hope it works out for you. While it won't count for POR it will can count for the SAT!!

Isn't the submission deadline for both tonight?

Yes- deadline for POR and SAT is tonight.

chefann said:
Yes- deadline for POR and SAT is tonight.

Yup, I was wrong. I just went back and read the flyer. I thought the shows also had to be submitted by the 30th, but it is the 5th of Dec. Sorry for any confusion!

What is the "toSubmit or Not to Submit Dilemma"?

The "toSubmit or Not to Submit Dilemma" is a common struggle for Pampered Chef consultants, where they must decide whether or not to submit their orders for the month.

What factors should I consider when facing this dilemma?

Some factors to consider include your personal sales goals, the incentives offered by the company, and the potential impact on your team and customers.

What are the consequences of not submitting my orders?

If you do not submit your orders for the month, you may miss out on reaching your sales goals and earning incentives. Your team and customers may also be disappointed if they were expecting to receive their orders.

What are the benefits of submitting my orders?

Submitting your orders can help you reach your sales goals and earn incentives, while also ensuring that your team and customers receive their orders on time. It also shows your commitment and dedication to your business.

Is there a right or wrong answer to the "toSubmit or Not to Submit Dilemma"?

There is no right or wrong answer, as it ultimately depends on your personal goals and circumstances. It's important to carefully consider all factors and make the decision that is best for you and your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gina M
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • deliciousdiva
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • kam