• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!

In summary, Mary Frances just got to the hospital. She's about 5 minutes apart, but we don't have details on her status yet.
nikked
Gold Member
Mary Frances just got to the hospital. She's about 5 minutes apart, but we don't have details on her status yet.

My mom is there with them, but is in the beginning stages of a lupus flare up, so prayers for her are appreciated as well.

I'll post updates as we go along...thanks for your prayers for her through the years...

Today is the day I become a grandma...sigh...

I am assuming your mom is the one in the flare and not your daughter?

All my prayers to the both of them today...... a personal heartfelt prayer from me to your mom. :balloon:

I have been battling lupus for nearly 10 years now (in addition to the lovely additional diseases it has caused along the way).

Congratulations!

robochick84 said:
I am assuming your mom is the one in the flare and not your daughter?

All my prayers to the both of them today...... a personal heartfelt prayer from me to your mom. :balloon:

I have been battling lupus for nearly 10 years now (in addition to the lovely additional diseases it has caused along the way).

Oh, yeah...my mom is a conondrum (spelling?) of autoimmune issues! I swear a doctor could become world famous if they ever figured out exactly what's wrong with her...

Thanks, all for your prayers!

CONGRATULATIONS! Being a grandma is the best....I have 7 of them!:love:

Well, even though her contractions are 5 apart, they're not being productive enough yet, so they've sent her home to get things going a bit more before being admitted. I'll post an update when they go back.

nikked said:
Oh, yeah...my mom is a conondrum (spelling?) of autoimmune issues! I swear a doctor could become world famous if they ever figured out exactly what's wrong with her...

Thanks, all for your prayers!

LOL, ditto!

Did the little one arrive safely?

Posted this update in the wrong thread...SORRY!:

She's had a long few days, with strong, regular contractions that weren't really accomplishing much. So, the doc stripped her membranes this morning, and she is now in active labor. She was three cm when they stripped (really far for a 1st timer). She's running 2-3 min. apart, really strong, but because she's not 4 cm yet, they won't let her stay (what???!!!) Mom put her foot down, and they're letting her walk for an hr, then they'll ck her again. I'll post when she's officially admitted.

Oh, and BTW, I decided on Saturday that I am WAY too YOUNG to be a grandmother, so gave Mary the choice of having baby call me "Pookie", or at the advice of my loving DH "grampa's wife"! hehehehehehe

Thinking good thoughts, best wishes for all of you

Marghi

How exciting - great day to be born - I have a cousin who's about to deliver any time as well - can't wait!

nikked said:
Posted this update in the wrong thread...SORRY!:

She's had a long few days, with strong, regular contractions that weren't really accomplishing much. So, the doc stripped her membranes this morning, and she is now in active labor. She was three cm when they stripped (really far for a 1st timer). She's running 2-3 min. apart, really strong, but because she's not 4 cm yet, they won't let her stay (what???!!!) Mom put her foot down, and they're letting her walk for an hr, then they'll ck her again. I'll post when she's officially admitted.

Oh, and BTW, I decided on Saturday that I am WAY too YOUNG to be a grandmother, so gave Mary the choice of having baby call me "Pookie", or at the advice of my loving DH "grampa's wife"! hehehehehehe

My mom is "Mimi" - doesn't sound quite as aging.... :)

Hope it goes well and quickly!

Congrats!!! :) I hope all goes well and everyone's in my prayers!

My daughter gave me a little Grandson in November - about 11 weeks after I had my own little boy! :) We were pregnant at the same time! If that's not weird! :) lol

PRAY! Mary's epidural has failed, the re-dosing didn't work. They are trying to start a new one. Mary has been extremely strong through all these days, but is really having a hard time...she is 7 cm...thx!

hey...second epi seemed to be working at least a little bit, but then failed :(

anethesiologist said that sometimes the pressure and stretching is too much for the epi...things baby may be larger than thought...

breaking waters, close to end...

got text just after I last posted...Odette is here...

Many Congratulations!! Hope all is well. I am a grandma to 3 and very proud of the name!:love:

Happy birthday, Odette (what a pretty name). Congratulations to your family. May Mommy Mary recover quickly, and everyone enjoy a long and happy life with you.

8 lbs, 1/2 ounce, 19 1/2 inches long, 4:30 (ish) am (GA time), Odette Dionne. Had some breathing problems at first, but is doing fine now. Thanks for all your prayers.

Congratulations! Enjoy being a grandma:)

Congrats!!! And you can always resort to the "Aunt Nicole" vs. being identified as the grandmother! LOLFWIW, my family did a little trend there for a while ... Grandmother's great GM got married when she was 16, had her first child when she was 17 & it was a girl ... that girl got married when she was 16, had her first child when she was 17 & it was a girl. It was passed down to my sister who waited until the age of 19 to have her first child. She also ruined the "every 3rd generation's been twin boys" on my father's side when she came out a girl. So she ruined BOTH family traditions!!! But that meant when my sister was born, the women above her in the family tree were all still young! My Mom became a GM at 34, GGM was 51, GGGM was 68 and GGGGM was 85! It's not very often that you get to see 5 generations living simultaneously!Trust me, you'll want to spend MORE time with your grandbabies than what I'll get. I dealt with infertility. My daughter finally arrived 6 weeks before I turned 40. If she waits that long to become a Mom, I probably won't get the opportunity to see my great-grandchildren. :(

Related to Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!

FAQs about "Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!"

1. What is "Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!" all about?

"Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!" is a collection of recipes and tips for new grandmothers to help them create special memories with their grandchildren through cooking and baking together.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for "Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!" is new grandmothers, but it can also be a great resource for experienced grandmothers looking for new ideas to bond with their grandchildren.

3. Are the recipes in this book easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!" are designed to be simple and easy to follow, making them perfect for grandmothers of all cooking levels.

4. Can this book be a gift for a grandmother-to-be?

Absolutely! "Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!" makes a thoughtful and unique gift for any grandmother-to-be. It's a great way to celebrate and prepare for the exciting new role.

5. Does this book include any tips for cooking with grandchildren?

Yes, "Today Is the Day I Become a Grandma!" includes helpful tips and advice for cooking with grandchildren, such as age-appropriate tasks and safety precautions to keep in mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies