• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tired of Sprinkling Same Tips...need New Ones!

In summary, Sue Adams suggests looking for a cooking show with WOW (or something like that), listening to the CD "How to Break an Egg" by the editors of fine Cooking magazine, and finding other helpful books and tips.
ooshmeister
I've got pages and pages of cooks' tip from my director and have reviewed the ones in the Recipe for Success, but for 2007 I want fun new things to say...does anyone know of a (free) resource I could use? I've done shows booked off the same person so I try and change things up a bit but I'd like to find new material. Any suggestions?

Sue Adams
Independent Consultant #421585
:)

Have a Cooking Show With WOW (or something like that)is a great cd that I ordered from the Pampered Partner paperwork/supply list.

I haven't listened to that one....I'll have to. I am looking for new ideas as well!

Your local bookstore probably has several books with food info. They have trivia, answers, suggestions, etc. I have several, none of the titles come to mind right now, though.

I would just love to learn how to incorporate tips into my demo. I am not a natural cook and it takes all my concentration to just get the demo right. Should I use notes to help me remember the quick and interesting tips? What do you do?

My head is filled with reams of useless (or useful, depending on your point of view) knowledge. Odd bits of information pop into my head when people ask me about certain things. This is how I incorporate those tips into my shows.

It doesn't sound like this fits your skill set, though. If it works better for you, I'd just make notes beside a few steps in your recipe. Once these have become second nature to you, add a few more. Before you know it, you'll be a walking Trivial Pursuit--The PC Edition, just like me.

Does anyone have a list of sprinkling tips they wouldn't mind sharing. I don't seem to know as much as my guests do at times. Several seem to be Food Channel junkies.:)

Now that I'm home (and waiting for my PP3 to complete its installation), I can tell you the titles of my favorite hints & tips books:What Einstein Told His Cook
835 Kitchen Quick Tips (from the editors of Cook's Illustrated)
Food Lover's Companion

I also subscribe to Cook's Illustrated and Rachael Ray EveryDay. Both have great ideas.

Another good book is "Why Does Popcorn Pop."

cheflindak said:
Does anyone have a list of sprinkling tips they wouldn't mind sharing. I don't seem to know as much as my guests do at times. Several seem to be Food Channel junkies.:)

Great! Use those FC junkies. Tell them you love to learn new stuff. Absorb it all like a little PC sponge. (Hey, don't you think we need a PC sponge?) We can't know everything. Listen, learn, and make them feel like possessers of infinite wisdom. They'll love you, and you'll build a great customer base.

we just had our big regional training in the Cleveland area and I was asked to do the session on food and product tips!! I had a blast! I will try and upload a document I have. I also gave each person in attendance a packet of 10 postcards with a tip on each side and they were hooked together with one of those small loose leaf silver rings.. I don't have those typed anywhere in my computer at the moment but will try and throw some in here. I truly believe people out there are looking for us to teach them something "fun" they can take back to their kitchens. I always give tons of tips during my show. Even if they aren't directly connected to a product.
Hope these help..found these documents through loops..can't take full credit for them..
I also just bought a book titled...How to Break an Egg by the editors of fine Cooking magazine (Borders books) Love it!!!!

Attachments

• TIPS.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 307
  • quick tips 21 pages.doc
    73 KB · Views: 389
Here's some too...I use the Food Tiptionary for fun food facts too.

Here are some more specific tips sheets if anyone likes.:)

Attachments

• Spritzer & SUDS PUMP.doc
    38 KB · Views: 652
  • tips Batter Bowl.doc
    166 KB · Views: 505
  • tips Chillzanne.doc
    31 KB · Views: 502
  • tips Choc Facts.doc
    39 KB · Views: 277
  • tips Microfiber Towel Info.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 357
I was at the grocery store today and saw a book, one of those at the check out lane, by Martha Stewat Good thing food magazines. The small ones that come out with recipes. Anyway, this was all tips and easy ways to do things. I didn't buy it, but I did flip the pages and saw one idea...

When you are stuffing a chicken and you know how it rolls around the cutting board,etc while you are stuffing it? Try putting it in a high sided bowl with the leg opening staring you in the face. Chicken says upright and you can stuff away.

Anther more PC related tip... tell your quests to keep their PC recipes under their silverware divider. That way in case they need them they are handy and kept safe.

That's all I got now, having a hot flash, gotta go fan myself.

Related to Tired of Sprinkling Same Tips...need New Ones!

1. What are some creative ways to use my Pampered Chef seasoning mixes?

One idea is to mix the seasoning into softened butter and spread it on bread or rolls before baking for a flavorful twist. You can also sprinkle the seasoning onto popcorn, mix it into salad dressings, or add it to roasted vegetables.

2. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef seasonings into my meal prep?

Try making a big batch of seasoned meat or vegetables that can be used in multiple meals throughout the week. You can also mix the seasonings into marinades or sauces to add flavor to grilled meats or vegetables.

3. What are some unique ways to use my Pampered Chef rubs?

One idea is to mix the rub with a little olive oil and use it as a marinade for meat or vegetables. You can also sprinkle the rub onto roasted nuts or add it to a homemade trail mix for a savory snack.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef seasonings in baking?

Yes, many of our seasonings can add a delicious flavor to baked goods. For example, try adding our Garlic & Herb Rub to bread dough or sprinkle our Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle onto muffins or cakes.

5. How do I know which Pampered Chef seasonings to use with different types of food?

Each of our seasonings has suggested uses on the packaging, but feel free to experiment and find your own favorite combinations. As a general rule, try to pair similar flavors together, such as using our Italian Seasoning Blend on pasta or our Southwest Seasoning Mix on tacos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies