• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tip for When Your Upline Calls You With All the News...

uh...old director did the same thing. I copied her on all the emails and she would always reply. I even got her to call me once. But she's not here so I can't speak for her.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
So I was chatting with a coupple Director friends of mine and they were telling me how dissapointing it was to call their downline from Leadership (all excited themselves about the new announcements) only to be told "oh, well I allready know all about all that"

So even if you have learned about alot of the new stuff off the boards. Please do not totally deflate your directors. Let them share their excitement and feed off it for your own biz.

Also they mentioned it was really annoying that everyone arround them was texting like crazy durring the announcments. It was very distracting.

Ok off my soapbox now...

Heck!! I was keeping MY Director informed. She didn't go to Leadership and was so excited to find out stuff!!

But I can see where they are coming from.

Since my old Director went to Consultant I have not heard A SINGLE WORD from my new Director, so, if not for here I would never know a thing. A part of me wishes, she would call now for me to be able to tell her I know already, HA! I know that's bad of me.

And I know she knows about me b/c my old Director copied me on the email she sent her with my contact info.

She can make $ off me but never bother to contact me. I realize I am in AL and she is in NC but that still it not an excuse. My old Director was awesome!

My point is if you have a good director who is trying to convey her/his excitement do not be rude and burst their bubble. Instead of saying "yeah I allready know" be excited and say "wow that is so cool!" Then it is OK to say something like "I was reading a bout that online"

If you have and absent director that is a totally different story.

etteluap70PC said:
My point is if you have a good director whi is trying to convey her/his excitement do not be rude and burst their bubble. Instead of saying "yeah I allready know" be excited and say "wow that is so cool!" Then it is OK to say something like "I was reading a bout that online"

If you have and absent director that is a totally different story.

Sorry if I sounded like I was meaning anything toward you. I totally see where you are coming from and would do that with my old Director when she would call (Act surprised!).

It has been bothering me about my new one here lately, and I got caught up in a rant!:D

No worries Jen... I wasn't trying to cause troubble I just have never heard these directors sound so deflated and upset. It hit a nerve.

HO posted it on Saturday on CC, they may not have read it here but looked at it on there. It's not like it was kept a surprise.

If their consultants say that they already knew, I don't think that should deflate the directors. I wouldn't want to pretend I didn't know about the changes if I had kept up with the news. A director could then say, so what are your thoughts? Do you have any questions about any of the changes. Is there anything I can do to help you reach any goals you may have set? Or something like that. Maybe that's what they did, I don't know. If I was a director, honestly, I'd be glad that my consultants are excited enough about their biz that they are keeping up on the latest. KWIM? That doesn't mean that people should be callous or rude to their directors about things, though. There's a way to say things with tact.

pampered.chris said:
Heck!! I was keeping MY Director informed. She didn't go to Leadership and was so excited to find out stuff!!

me too! :)

babywings76 said:
If their consultants say that they already knew, I don't think that should deflate the directors. I wouldn't want to pretend I didn't know about the changes if I had kept up with the news. A director could then say, so what are your thoughts? Do you have any questions about any of the changes. Is there anything I can do to help you reach any goals you may have set? Or something like that. Maybe that's what they did, I don't know. If I was a director, honestly, I'd be glad that my consultants are excited enough about their biz that they are keeping up on the latest. KWIM? That doesn't mean that people should be callous or rude to their directors about things, though. There's a way to say things with tact.

I agree. My director called me on the day it went up on CC while I was watching the slides. I told her that was what I was doing and she was thrilled. It brought the conversation to other things too. We all want to be the one to give the good news but we have to celebrate WITH people when they already know some of it.

When I do my meeting at the beginning of each season there is always 1 or 2 who know nothing and others who know it all. They are all equally excited to get and share the info.

If your upline hasn't called or emailed you by now, they shouldn't be surprised that you have already heard some of the news.

Nevermind... no one is getting my point...

This call was made on Sat evening from conference with alot of excitement.

I will not go into more details but just wanted people to think about how they are responding and dealing with stuff like this for the next time it comes up.

I get your point Paulette and I totally agree. All I'm saying is that if the director hasn't made contact by now then they shouldn't be surprised if their consultant has aleady heard the news from somewhere. It bothers me that some directors think that any news to their consultants should come solely from them. I still think it's exciting to talk about though.

pampered.chris said:

Me too! In fact I got to tell my director (who happens to be my recruiter too, I was her 5th recruit, so she just advanced to director).......that we will both be getting the white DCB for FREE cause I qualified within 30 days in Nov and submitted the req amt!

pamperedlinda said:
I get your point Paulette and I totally agree. All I'm saying is that if the director hasn't made contact by now then they shouldn't be surprised if their consultant has aleady heard the news from somewhere. It bothers me that some directors think that any news to their consultants should come solely from them. I still think it's exciting to talk about though.

I agree on this part too. They were calling their downline from Denver Fri nite and got the oh I know all about it"

Think of it like all the new products being on ebay before they are available from the catalog. You call your customers all excited to tell them about something and they allready bought it on Ebay!

etteluap70PC said:
So I was chatting with a coupple Director friends of mine and they were telling me how dissapointing it was to call their downline from Leadership (all excited themselves about the new announcements) only to be told "oh, well I allready know all about all that"

So even if you have learned about alot of the new stuff off the boards. Please do not totally deflate your directors. Let them share their excitement and feed off it for your own biz.

Also they mentioned it was really annoying that everyone arround them was texting like crazy durring the announcments. It was very distracting.

Ok off my soapbox now...

I completely understand what you're saying, and have already prepared myself for just that sort of thing with my ED. Our cluster meeting isn't until next Monday, and I know she's so so so pumped that she wants to share all the news.

I think an appropriate response is just to absorb the excitement of your director and of those who are hearing about all the new changes for the first time. I think it's a respect thing. JMO

I understand where you are coming from too Paulette. Directors like to be the first to share but especially with this news. At first, as a Director, I was worried about several things. (what those things were makes no difference, because what went through my head was everything that went through everyone else's, I am sure). Wrapping our heads around it and understanding it quickly is difficult. Once you understand it, it is not terribly complicated but the most important thing to remember is that it is human nature to feel fear with change...especially when you are changing things concerning income, etc.

My guess is that these directors probably wanted to present it in a positive way. Once someone starts having the belief that their "cheese" being moved is a bad thing, they feel like they are being fed a pile of bull when someone puts a positive spin on it.

I have not called my entire downline. Not even close but I did e-mail them and asked them to check out the online presentation. Then today, I e-mailed them the Career Plan grid that some received at Leadership to help them further understand.

My downline is in NC, IN, NM, CO, MI and various parts of NY. Some are very sportatic in their activity. Once we start seeing promotions and see our new team members coming in being trained on this...it will all fall into place!

Man...am I on a babble fest or what? I have to go home...I am still at work!

pamperedlinda said:
If your upline hasn't called or emailed you by now, they shouldn't be surprised that you have already heard some of the news.

My HD has emailed me 3 times with encouragement since Leadership. I also talked to her yesterday about some issues with my Recruit and a very ugly inactive Consultant who is trying to totally discourage her! :mad:

My Director finally emailed me today to give me the "booking script" she got at Leadership that I already got from my HD. My HD is having a Booking Blitz for her Cluster next Wednesday I am doing. My Director just sent me the script and suggested I use it. Oh well...:eek:

I also told me HD I was really excited about all the new stuff and she was glad I had all the info already! :D

Jane, Will you post that booking script?

*bump*. I'd love to see this booking script also. Pretty please??

What are some tips for when my upline calls me with all the news?

1. Stay calm and focused: It can be easy to get overwhelmed or excited when your upline shares news with you. Take a deep breath and listen carefully to the information they are sharing.
2. Take notes: It can be helpful to jot down important details or action items while on the call. This will help you remember the information and stay organized.
3. Ask questions: If there is something you don't understand or need clarification on, don't hesitate to ask your upline. They are there to support and guide you.
4. Be open to new ideas: Your upline may have some suggestions or strategies that could benefit your business. Keep an open mind and be willing to try new things.
5. Express gratitude: Your upline is taking the time to share important news with you and help you succeed. Remember to thank them for their support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies