• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking About Getting a Shitzu

In summary, a Shitzu is a small breed of dog known for their long, flowing coats and friendly personalities. They typically weigh between 9-16 pounds and stand 8-11 inches tall at the shoulder. Shitzus are great companions for children due to their gentle and playful nature, but supervision is important. They require regular grooming to maintain their coat and are a good choice for people with allergies, though it's recommended to spend time with one before bringing them into your home.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
My hubby and I have talked about getting a dog for a while now. We have 2 little girls aged 2 and 3 1/2. I really like shitzu puppies. My mom had a lady at work today whose shitzu just had 3 boy and 3 girl pups. They will be free to a good home in about 5 weeks. Does anyone have personal experience with this breed or know of a reputable website I could review?

Boots & Jake.jpg

I have one - Jake. He was 11 this year. He is so sweet & loving. My uncle has a girl & she is a DIVA B_IT_H! She doesn't want anything to do with anyone but my uncle. Jake will love on anyone. They are soooo cute when puppies & TOTALLY change in looks when grown. Their color gets lighter & their face looses the puppy look b/c of the crazy hair.

We had a Shih Tzu for 17.5 wonderful years. She was such a joy. Gentle, and sweet. Loved children...loved everyone. She was smart, funny, and such a good companion. We had to put her to sleep last March, and it was a horrible horrible day saying good-bye to her.

Shih Tzu were breed to be the companion dogs of the Emperors of China. They are known for their gentle, good-natured temperment (most are anyway!) When we get another dog - it will be another Shih Tzu.

Oh - DH has some allergies, and they don't shed like other breeds, so are less allergenic.

Related to Thinking About Getting a Shitzu

1. What is a Shitzu?

A Shitzu is a breed of small dog known for their long, flowing coats and friendly personalities. They originated in Tibet and were bred to be companion dogs.

2. How big do Shitzus typically get?

Shitzus are considered a small breed and typically weigh between 9-16 pounds and stand 8-11 inches tall at the shoulder.

3. Are Shitzus good with children?

Yes, Shitzus are known for their gentle and playful nature, making them great companions for children. However, as with any breed, it is important to supervise interactions between young children and dogs.

4. Do Shitzus require a lot of grooming?

Yes, Shitzus have a long, double coat that requires regular brushing and grooming to prevent matting. They also may need occasional haircuts to maintain their coat's length and appearance.

5. Are Shitzus hypoallergenic?

While no dog is completely hypoallergenic, Shitzus have a single coat and shed less than other breeds, making them a good choice for people with allergies. However, it's always a good idea to spend some time with a Shitzu before bringing one into your home to see if you have any reactions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • eberg83
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies