• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Maple & Friend's Peace

In summary, a golden retriever was put in a kennel while in heat and got pregnant, had a litter of puppies, one of which was stillborn, and then had maggots on her. The family is praying for her and the puppies.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Ok, in a way I feel kind of silly asking, but can you pray for my friend's dog tonight and more importantly for my friend?

Maple is about 9 years old - golden retriever. She was put in a kennel behind the garage while in heat this spring while my friend went into camp. A dog (black lab) from 3 miles away (known to roam - owners don't keep him put) broke into her kennel - secured but not locked and well, needless to say got her pregnant.

She was in labor Sunday all day and had 12 puppies between 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Monday. One was stillborn.

Anyway, my friend called me today at work because Maple suddenly had maggots (her whelping box, etc. was outside under a shelter attached to the garage). She had been cleaning her and she now shaved her. I talked to a few vets and we finally got a local vet to see her right away. She was dehydrated, had mastitis, and of course the maggots (which can hatch in less than 24 hours in this heat/humidity and on an area where she just gave birth). She and the puppies (9 now) - 2 died overnight - are at the vet for IV/antibiotic and other treatment.

I feel so bad for my friend...she is a true animal lover, takes great care of her 2 dogs and cat, 3 bottle lambs and is excellent with horses and trains and raises them with her husband at camp. It is going to be a rough night for her with Maple and puppies and the vet and rough for her to lose 2 puppies in the last 24 hours.

Please pray for her and that they'd have peace about the sudden vet bills too.

Thanks in advance!

Poor thing - I love my doggies - I hope everyting is going to get better soon

Kat

They are all in my prayers. Please update when you have more information.

It is not silly. God knows our hearts and he loves animals just as much as we do...after all, we are made in His image. I have asked for blessings upon them all.

It's not silly, dogs are people too!!! I am saying a little prayer for them:)

Not silly at all. They've been added to my prayers.

Not silly at all......only true animal lovers know what it's like when a pet is suffering. My own loving dog "Hershey" - an important part of my family - is also a black lab/golden retriever mix. She's the best!!

**Praying for Maple**

Oh poor thing. Adding them to my prayers.

Shawnna said:
It is not silly. God knows our hearts and he loves animals just as much as we do...after all, we are made in His image. I have asked for blessings upon them all.

Shawnna said it all!

Prayers for them!

Micah and I just said a prayer for Maple!

Thanks guys! I will hopefully hear an update later this afternoon on Maple and the pups.

The puppies and Maple are in our prayers, her family too.

Aw, poor Maple and pups! Sending prayers their way. Goldens are great!!!! I have 2 labs. We had a female lab for 3 years and then got a male to breed later. He is trouble!! Very thick headed. Breaks them out of their pen constantly. We can't keep collars with tags on them because he chews them off both of them. The female has never given us trouble. Ugh! boys!

Update - one puppy had to be put down last night.

Down to 8 pups total - 3 had to be weaned off so my friend can't afford all the bills and had to give them up. A lady who works at the vet will take them, bottle feed them and then find them homes.

Maple and 5 puppies are left. Maple has a liver overworking (at first they thought it was failing but now think it is due to fighting infection) a fever and a few other things and is staying at the vet (doggie hospital so to speak) for another day at least. She is still doing o.k. though. The family really doesn't want to lose her so we're praying that she makes it.

I'm so sorry about one of the puppies needing to be put down.

Glad to hear maple is doing ok. May she and her remaining puppies do well and live long healthy lives.

This is sad. I pray things will be ok. We lost my husband's dog a little over a year ago to heart worms. It is just like loosing a family member.

any news on Maple?

itsjustCarla said:
any news on Maple?

Not since last night. I'll probably hear more today after lunch when my friend calls. She finds out in the morning how she is, but afternoon is usually when the vet gives the "word for the day" and prognosis for the next day.

Just got a phone call!!!!

Maple is home with 3 pups...they are growing fast and Maple is doing great!

Other lady was taking 5 in the end that were weaned but right after she hand fed one, it died today so she is down to 4.

So, 7 survived and Maple is once again doing great. Dyane (my friend) thanks you all for your prayers!!!!

Wooooo Hooooooooo for Maple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom and pups sound tough. So glad to hear the good news. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update. I just love animals, especially dogs. I am so glad to hear they are home and doing well.

Now may all the pups find loving homes!

Janet~

Thanks for the update, and praise God for helping Maple and her pups!

1. What is the purpose of the "Prayer Request for Maple & Friend's Peace"?

The purpose of the prayer request is to gather support and positive energy for Maple and their friend in order to bring peace and comfort to their situation.

2. Who can participate in the prayer request?

Anyone can participate in the prayer request, regardless of their religious or spiritual beliefs. The more people praying and sending positive thoughts, the better.

3. How do I submit a prayer request for Maple and their friend?

You can submit a prayer request by filling out the form on our website or by contacting one of our Pampered Chef representatives. Your request will then be added to our prayer list.

4. Can I submit multiple prayer requests for Maple and their friend?

Yes, you can submit as many prayer requests as you'd like. We encourage you to continue sending positive thoughts and prayers for Maple and their friend.

5. Will I receive updates on Maple and their friend's situation?

Due to privacy reasons, we are unable to provide updates on specific individuals. However, you can continue to send positive thoughts and prayers for their well-being and peace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies