• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #1,001
Stampaholic1961 said:
I can't remember the exact verse right now but in Revelation it says "the dogs are without"

Could that be what the vet said to Moses after his dogs were neutered?:eek:

• #1,002
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard
To get her poor daughter a dress.
But when she got there
The cupboard was bare
And so was her daughter, I guess.

• #1,003
LOL *groan*

• #1,004
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard
But when she got there
The cupboard was bare
My uncle used to recite this all the time when I was a kid. He had a whole bunch of silly variations of nursery rhymes. I can't remember any of the others, though.

• #1,005
Its Paige's Birthday!

• #1,006
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard
But when she got there
The cupboard was bare

There was a girl from Nantucket.....:eek:

• #1,007
The girl from Nantucket? We all know about the man from Nantucket...Was the girl from Nantucket something about her hair and buckets?

• #1,008
After a search for the girl from Nantuckett...I would say **** it and read the man from Nantuckett...(some may find it offensive...not PG 14 even):rolleyes:

• #1,009
I have a huge book of limericks, it has (literally) thousands of limericks and it is a real doorstop.Not one of them can be posted here.

• #1,010
Only one guy, http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/thomas_joe, from Wisconsin (so far) has been selected in the NFL Draft. How about your school? Have any of your favorites been drafted yet?

• #1,011
CURSES! Foiled again.
nevermind...
Carry on, soldiers.

• #1,012
Wrong thread?

• #1,013
Someone suggested that there is a competition between this thread and the thread killer thread.We're winning.Keep posting nonsense in here so we can stay on top!Like it matters.

• #1,014
Are you advocating competition purely for the sake of competition? I could probably get into that.

• #1,015
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Only one guy, http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/thomas_joe, from Wisconsin (so far) has been selected in the NFL Draft. How about your school? Have any of your favorites been drafted yet?

What in blazes were the GB Packers thinking when they went into this draft?
(I have to be a GB fan because I live in WI, but my FAVE team is the NE Patriots...cuz that's where I'm from originally) Randy Moss? A Patriot? ick.

• #1,016
(posted nonsense...per kg's request)

• #1,017
C'mon people....the thread killer thread is in the lead...don't make me do this all by myself!

• #1,018
It depends what you're measuring. That other thread has a few more posts, but this one has over 1,000 more views. If you're in the broadcast business, that one thousand more viewers is GOLD!

Last edited:
  • #1,019
AH - good point!! I was just looking at the posts!

I still think we can get more posts, though!

• #1,020
Okay, okay....I posted on the thread killer, so I have to come back and post another one here.

KG - if you're out there, what do you think of the Packers draft choices?
Just kinda wondering...

• #1,021
pcchris said:
What in blazes were the GB Packers thinking when they went into this draft?
(I have to be a GB fan because I live in WI, but my FAVE team is the NE Patriots...cuz that's where I'm from originally) Randy Moss? A Patriot? ick.
Ted Thompson (the GM) is not a fan favorite. He doesn't care - his job is to put the best team on the field that he can. Of course, that's what the fans want, but the fans don't seem to think he's taking the right path.

I don't like the guy - from the day they hired him. He fired a winning coach to put in his own guy, and frankly, I don't like the coach, either. They mishandled Brett Favre and Thompson has made some questionable personel decisions. He was in the hunt to get Randy Moss, but Randy Moss obviously didn't want to come to Green Bay.

Randy Moss could put up incredible numbers with a guy like Favre throwing at him, but Moss also knows that in Green Bay, he's as welcome as gasoline welcomes water for this stunt.
http://underscorebleach.net/content/jotsheet/images/randy_moss_mooning_green_bay.jpg

• #1,022
wow - are you my dad??!

(You sound just like my dad, when we talk about the Pack. He doesn't care too much for Thompson either, and he lets everyone know about it!)

• #1,023
One last addition for the evening...I have to go order my Kit Enhancement stuff, and then I'm going to bed.
Hopefully tomorrow, this thread will be ahead of the thread killer thread...

• #1,025
Just keepin the dream alive!!! This thread ALMOST died, but I would be tooooooooo sad to see it go away!:p

• #1,026
Happy National Salad Month! Spin away, Cheffers!

• #1,027
Lettuce all celebrate Salad Month, if you carrot all.

• #1,028
I'm back!

Had some work things to do, like an interview at a prospective client yesterday. And when it rains, it pours. I haven't had an interview through work since December, then on Monday, 2 different account managers (AMs) contacted me. I had an interview at client A yesterday, and the AM for client B (which is the assignment I'd rather have) just told me that they accepted my resume and I'll be starting there as soon as they hammer out dates and bill rates. Hooray!

• #1,029
OK Since its OK to hijack here.

Which one of you had a Strawberry trifle as your avatar? I lost you and wanted to use it on my PWS.

• #1,030
Hello????someone needs to hijack this thread and answer my question LOL

• #1,031
WILL THIS THREAD EVER END??????:eek:

• #1,032
LOL Probably not

• #1,033
Chef Diane said:
someone needs to hijack this thread and answer my question LOL

If I knew the answer, I'd help.

• #1,034
chefann said:
. . . I'll be starting there as soon as they hammer out dates and bill rates. Hooray!
I thought Bill Rates was the computer op sys guy?

• #1,035
Someone's taking a hammer to the computer op sys guy? Wow, and I thought I was frustrated with some of his company's products.

• #1,036
... giggle....

This one happened to DH the other day. He works at an automotive OEM (original equipment manufacturer) that makes switches. He's an engineer, and works with other engineers. One of his coworkers, let's call him Abe, is VERY heavy, and is a PC nut. DH and I are Mac users. At a department meeting on Monday, someone mentioned that there was someone new hired into their department who was also a Mac user. Abe made some goofy comment about Macs, and then someone piped up: "Abe and Dan are like PC and Mac on the commercials!" Funnily, Abe has no idea what they're talking about, because he doesn't have a TV.

• #1,037
Took me a minute, Ann. When I see PC on here, I think "Pampered Chef." Finally realized you were talking "Personal Computer." Cracked me up!

• #1,038
oops... I probably should have specified, huh? I thought the link between "sysops guy" and a PC was enough.

Sorry.

• #1,039
No need to apologize. It was my head, not your post.

Come to think of it, my head is often the problem.

• #1,040
Speaking of Salad Spinners (a few posts ago!!) My guests at my party and I came up with some alternative ideas for the Salad Spinner:
spin dry your panty hose
take the gerble (sp??) for a Carnival ride
after you give your hampster a bath, you can spin him dry
one of the men in the group thought it would be good for mixing paint!!!
On ther serious side...I am pretty impressed with the Spinner and it is very solid looking!!

• #1,041
baychef said:
Speaking of Salad Spinners (a few posts ago!!) My guests at my party and I came up with some alternative ideas for the Salad Spinner:
spin dry your panty hose
Well, that certainly solves a problem I've had forever.

• #1,042
Aw, come on, KG. I'm still picturing you in your leotard, tights, and cape--the caped consultant strikes again!

• #1,043
Fighting for Truth, Justice and The American Way.You gotta be over 50 to remember that one.

• #1,044
I'm only 39, and I know that's from Superman...unless there's someone before my time that started that saying.....

• #1,045
You're only 39?So was Jack Benny when he died.

• #1,046
And....Jason can spin dry his pink thongs!!!:D

• #1,047
We need a PC jingle, so he can thing a thong at the thame time.

• #1,048
baychef said:
And....Jason can spin dry his pink thongs!!!:D

I am never gonna live that one down. Oh brother!

• #1,049
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We need a PC jingle, so he can thing a thong at the thame time.

How about instead of Ricky Martin's "Shake your Bon Bon" I sing "Shake it in a Thong Thong"? get out your dollar bills ladies and gentlemen

• #1,050
jasonmva said:
I am never gonna live that one down. Oh brother!
Yup - this bunch has a (collective) memory like an elephant.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor