• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #1,651
If they were road apples (well dried), you could do that.Ever wonder who came up with the term "road apples." And why? They aren't sweet. They stink. They probably taste really nasty. And they make a mess of your shoes. No comparison at all to actual apples.

• #1,652
I just passed a guy with the want ads on the steering wheel and he was on his cell phone - I assume - trying to buy something.Major medical insurance, I hope.

• #1,653
Collision coverage.

• #1,654
chefann said:
If they were road apples (well dried), you could do that.

Ever wonder who came up with the term "road apples." And why? They aren't sweet. They stink. They probably taste really nasty. And they make a mess of your shoes. No comparison at all to actual apples.
There's a significant difference between Italian pizza and "road pizza," too.

• #1,655
Haven't you hit 10k posts yet?

• #1,656
You're just jealous.Fine. I'm logging off now to go to Michael's and get frames for our frame exchange at the Wave 1 Meet 'n' Greet.

• #1,657
Okay, PS, be that way. I'm going back to driving.

• #1,658
Eyes on the road; both hands on the wheel, mister.

• #1,660
Oh, great. Another nickname for me.

• #1,661
Same ol' nick, just new shorthand for it.:D :D :D

• #1,662
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Okay, PS, be that way. I'm going back to driving.

So did you get to where you were going safely and on time?

• #1,663
Is a litttttlee toughh ti reacgh thfe keys wif theze tracvtuion wireds im mmy waay.

• #1,665
DH thinks I'm a total post slut, too. I mentioned to him last night that I have a new star because I hit 5k, and his response was, "I don't have 5000 posts on TLF, and that's in 7 years!" TLF is the forum he moderates/runs. :)

• #1,666
But remind him what I said earlier - we are MUCH more fun and cuter, too! Plus we have to disucss extremely pressing social issues like how to be come a PS, what to wear at NC and the status of everyone's pregnancies. Oh and the fact that we MUST give our advice and opinion to everyone about everything... makes racking up posts a necessity!

• #1,667
HIJACK:

I'm waiting to hear about my loan for the business and I can't take it anymore!!!

• #1,668
He told me, "I bet most of your posts aren't even quality stuff."

Excuse me?!? Socializing is just as important as telling someone the specific hose connector they need to use on their engine. :rolleyes:

Whatever.

• #1,669
AJPratt said:
HIJACK:

I'm waiting to hear about my loan for the business and I can't take it anymore!!!
Oooh---- I hope you get it!

I'll make a special trip to visit!

• #1,670
chefann said:
Oooh---- I hope you get it!

I'll make a special trip to visit!

ROAD TRIP!!!!:D

Let us know Anne - as soon as you hear!

• #1,671
Hey... we'll all come visit, you do a show and we can call it a "business trip"!

• #1,672
And let me know if you need cute embroidered aprons. My mom and I have an embroidery machine. :)

• #1,673
Goodie. </sarcasm>

I just got a note from HO that the credit card my potty host (yes, that's how I'll always refer to her in my mind) used to pay for most of her show was declined. Ugh. That means I have to call her. She means well, but I think she's lonely. She always starts to chat about irrelevant things, and then I feel rude when I tell her I have to go.

• #1,674
Ann, maybe if you offered to empty her potty chair . . .Naahhh. No commission is worth that.

• #1,675
Never!! Ewwwww... yuck... Used to work in an ER and saw (and did) WAYYYYYYYYY too many things I never want to see again... like having to empty a BSC! Ick!

• #1,676
Even 50% commission on this show isn't worth it. Now, had it been a $1000 show, or even $200.... But this thing barely qualified. Ugh. I haven't called her because I've been busy with work stuff.

• #1,677
chefann said:
DH thinks I'm a total post slut, too. I mentioned to him last night that I have a new star because I hit 5k, and his response was, "I don't have 5000 posts on TLF, and that's in 7 years!" TLF is the forum he moderates/runs. :)
Tell him that he just has nothing to say.

Then tell him that you have nothing to say, you just say it more often.

• #1,678
I just signed #2 for the new TPC year! Just 13 to go (well, after she qualifies) and I have TPC in recruiting!:cool:

• #1,679
Go, Beth!!

Woo-hoo! You can do it! You're on track to recruit 24!

• #1,680
Beth - how close are you to being an Advance Director? Have you been able to promote anyone in your cluster yet?
Can't wait to yell for you NEXT year at NC when you walk for TPC Recruiting!!

• #1,681
BethCooks4U said:
I just signed #2 for the new TPC year! Just 13 to go (well, after she qualifies) and I have TPC in recruiting!:cool:

Yea Beth!!!
Did you do the 2 and 2 challenge?

Is TPC in recruiting your goal this year?

What is your avg # of recruits per year?

Am I asking too many questions?

• #1,682
ChefBeckyD said:
Yea Beth!!!
Did you do the 2 and 2 challenge?

Is TPC in recruiting your goal this year?

What is your avg # of recruits per year?

Am I asking too many questions?

What is the 2 and 2 challenge?

What are your best recruiting tips?

Why would you think you are asking too many questions?

Isn't that what the fun of this site is?

• #1,683
The 2 and 2 challenge was to recruit 2 in May and 2 in June. People who do that and attend NC will get special recognition.

• #1,684
I'm just trying to get to #2... oh well...

• #1,685
katie0128 said:
I'm just trying to get to #2... oh well...
Daily use of Benefiber can really help that.

• #1,686
Should I have suggested Metamucil?I prefer Benefiber myself.

• #1,687
<giggle>

hmmm.... this relates to the potty training thread....

• #1,688
Further developments with the Potty host (see post 1673). I called her about her card, and tried to be gentle and nonjudgemental. I said that "there was a problem when HO tried to submit it. Is it a debit card?" No, it's not. She thought there was "money on it" (telling me that it's a pre-paid credit card), but she doesn't have the cash now. She's sending in money Western Union on the first, so can they process it on the second?

Arghhh!!!! Luckily, I have a couple other things to submit before the end of the month so I can hit $1250 (for my FD bonus), and at least on the 2nd it'll still count towards the June Sell-a-Thon.

My gut instinct is to run screaming from the 2 bookings she got.

• #1,689
chefann said:
Further developments with the Potty host (see post 1673). I called her about her card, and tried to be gentle and nonjudgemental. I said that "there was a problem when HO tried to submit it. Is it a debit card?" No, it's not. She thought there was "money on it" (telling me that it's a pre-paid credit card), but she doesn't have the cash now. She's sending in money Western Union on the first, so can they process it on the second?

Arghhh!!!! Luckily, I have a couple other things to submit before the end of the month so I can hit $1250 (for my FD bonus), and at least on the 2nd it'll still count towards the June Sell-a-Thon.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't give her my name when she moves to GR!:eek:

(Oh, but I do have the name of someone you could hook her up with!;) )

• #1,690
I wouldn't do that to you, Becky. I like you too much.

• #1,691
chefann said:
I wouldn't do that to you, Becky. I like you too much.

You Like ME! You really like ME!

(and I look nothing like Sally Fields!:D )

• #1,692
You're better looking.

• #1,693
chefann said:
You're better looking.

Awwww, thanks......but I'm no Gidget!:rolleyes:

Seriously though - I would be ducking and hiding from those bookings too! Didn't you say one of them was to be held in the Potty Room again?

• #1,694
The thing is, sometimes the bookings from the really wierd shows turn out great. You never can tell.

• #1,695
ChefBeckyD said:
Awwww, thanks......but I'm no Gidget!:rolleyes:

Seriously though - I would be ducking and hiding from those bookings too! Didn't you say one of them was to be held in the Potty Room again?
BOTH of them!

• #1,696
Oh, that's right. I forgot that they were booked for the same house. Um, how can I put this? Be sure to share all the gory details with us.

• #1,697
will do.
:rolleyes:

• #1,698
chefann said:

If this happens again, will you require cash payments from her in the future?

• #1,699
Yep. Based on a couple other things she said at the show, she doesn't have a checking account, and doesn't usually use the credit card. But she didn't have the cash to pay for her order, which is why she used it this time.The check just arrived for the other show I closed Monday. I'm gonna submit that in a couple minutes.

• #1,700
Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble...

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor