• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #1,101
Would you expect anything less than an interesting contradiction from me?

• #1,102
Nope. That's why we love you. :)

• #1,103
Aw, gee. I love you, too.

• #1,104
> > > > > > GROUP HUG! < < < < < <

• #1,105
We obviously activated KG's warm, fuzzy side.

• #1,106
Okay so I listened to DH and saw the doctor. He said that if I hadn't have gone in I would have been in the ER by tomorrow or Sunday and had to have had surgery on my hand! He gave me antibiotics and said I'll be fine.

Lesson: If an infection develops in your finger and your hand gets reddened too go to see your doctor! - oh, yeah, and listen to your dh or other loved ones. Sometimes they aren't over-reacting.

• #1,107
Lesson learned. I'm glad you're going to be okay. How's your head feeling?

• #1,108
raebates said:
It's killing me - note to me: take some tylenol.

Thanks for asking. - I forgot to mention it to the doctor but I did tell him that my foot was swollen all last week (he ignored that).

Last edited:
  • #1,109
Um, sounds like you need a rest, Beth. You're kind of falling apart.

• #1,110
I KNOW! But did you see my to do list?? And I have a graduation party here in just a few weeks.

No rest for the wicked they say... And besides, don't forget that I'm old.

• #1,111
No rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need none.

• #1,112
Are you wicked? I thought you were nice.

• #1,113
I'm veeerrrrry wicked. Couldn't you tell?

• #1,114
I KNEW you were wicked. I was asking Beth.

Wicked women have more fun. Or at least BETTER fun.

• #1,115
chefann said:
I KNEW you were wicked. I was asking Beth.

Wicked women have more fun. Or at least BETTER fun.
I am wickedly nice.

• #1,116
Whew! I was afraid that my true self wasn't coming across.

• #1,117
Hey! I'm only a couple posts behind Beth! I need to get my post count up again!

• #1,118
So here's another contentless post, just for count.... :D

• #1,119
And another...

• #1,120
We're tied!!

• #1,121
chefann said:
We're tied!!
You must be posting on other threads because you are past me now!

• #1,122
Are you going to stand for that, Beth?

• #1,123
I have been posting up a storm today. :D

It's goof-off day at work, since I'm starting a new assignment Monday.

• #1,124
raebates said:
Are you going to stand for that, Beth?
She's probably sitting. It's easier to type that way.

• #1,126
Actually, I'm just following you around. Posting behind you.

Watch your back.

• #1,127
Sneaky little thing, aren't you?

• #1,128
Yep.

stupid minimum

• #1,129
chefann said:
Actually, I'm just following you around. Posting behind you.

Watch your back.
I KNEW it! :eek:

• #1,130
:confused: Hijack...

My one year old just discovered the drawer that I keep my SB in... and decided to taste-test everyone!!! Now I have to either buy new ones or come up with a creative explaination about why there is baby drool all over them... any thoughts?

• #1,131
raebates said:
Her hand doesn't feel - her fingers do.

• #1,132
raebates said:
I'm veeerrrrry wicked. Couldn't you tell?
215px-Wicked-poster.jpg

• #1,133
Close, but I'm not that good-looking.

• #1,134
I just transmitted an order. Sometimes, like now, the "Electronic Connection Order Selection" window says, "Not Connected."I always think, "Not so! I am sooo connected. I have people."Yes, I laugh at my own jokes. I'm my own best audience because I always get the joke. Sometimes others don't.

• #1,135
Just in the nick of time, Batman...we saved this thread again!! BAM!!! POW!!!

• #1,136
Holy stiches, Batman! It seams Ann is needling us!

• #1,137
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Holy stiches, Batman! It seams Ann is needling us!

is that anything like accupuncture?

• #1,138
No, that's when you deflate something by putting a pin in JUST the right spot.

• #1,139
i don't think i want to know what spot that would be...

• #1,140
Everyone has their own special spot.

• #1,141
and don't you forget it!

(ooooh, look, I'm at 125 posts! Yippee!)

• #1,142
I never forget it. In fact, I...nah, better not say that.

• #1,143
QUICK... someone hijack this thread before KG spills TMI and gets reported as a bad post and this wonderful thread gets cut...

• #1,144
"TKG" and "bad post" in one sentence is redundant.

• #1,145
I just like to be thorough...
I'm leaving for a bit... try to behave...

• #1,146
No chance of that happening!

• #1,147
I just spent over an hour talking to my boss.No, my boss. Not The Kat Lady. (I know better than to call her at 6 on a Sunday morning.)An hour with my boss on Mother's Day. I just told him we both need to get a life.

• #1,148
G...what spot are you talking about?:D

• #1,149
You are horribe Ann, just horrible :)))... Shouldn't this board be clean today on account of it being mother's day?

• #1,150
G...whatever do you mean???:rolleyes: I am a mother and I can be a mother!! Oh Happy Day!! I must get my but out the door and pick something up for my Mommy and then go see her. Hey...I was in Atlantis getting a tan...I person has priorities, ya know!! Actually, I was there with my son and it was so much fun to be with him for 5 days. He turned 17 and we had so many laughs.

But G, check out that spot today with your significant (or insignificant) one and I bet your Mother's Day will be all that much more special!!:D :D

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor