• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Hijackers"r"us..........warning...this thread is about to be hijacked....
Cheffers in Florida...how's the weather? We are heading to Davenport, FL this Friday...need some relaxation! Florida's a great place to get away from Wisconsin weather and life (it's been in the 70's here the last couple of days...nice, but Florida's been nicer, hasnt it??)

I just talked to my Grandma down there yesterday. She said it was 80 degrees on her porch.

We hit 81 today in Detroit. :) I went for a walk around the building with a coworker and we didn't want to go back in. So we each got an ice cream at Ben and Jerry's and sat in the park for 15 minutes.

OOOOO....can't wait to get there!!!!! 80 would be GREAT!!! Thanks!

OK Ann, STOP interrupting my posts!!!! Just kidding! It was gorgeous here today. I dont even know what the temp got to, but I know DH had the AC on in his vehicle. I told him he was a little crazy! It's not that warm! but tomorrow, supposed to be about 55 and rain. welcome to Wisconsin Spring.

chefann said:
We hit 81 today in Detroit. :) I went for a walk around the building with a coworker and we didn't want to go back in. So we each got an ice cream at Ben and Jerry's and sat in the park for 15 minutes.
78° in Milwaukee today, too. I did some yard work that I didn't really want (or need, I suppose) to do but did it anyway.

Man, have I gt the weeds to pull! Funny how the weeds in the rocked areas are the greenest part of my yard.

It's warm in Tx too.

BTW, since Chef from South Park made an appearance, y'all ever notice how he always called them "children" even if there was only one of them??

The Robins have been back fo a couple of weeks now...and anyone in WI knows that they ALWAYS get snowed on...so we have more snow to come, I fear. Hope it comes when we're gone. That would be awesome!! I can wish...

Paige Dixon said:
Man, have I gt the weeds to pull! Funny how the weeds in the rocked areas are the greenest part of my yard.
Every time the lawn services come and try to sell us on their weed killer, we tell them, "As long as it's green, we don't care. And since crabgrass seems to grow better than the regular grass, we'll keep it."

chefann said:
Every time the lawn services come and try to sell us on their weed killer, we tell them, "As long as it's green, we don't care. And since crabgrass seems to grow better than the regular grass, we'll keep it."

AMEN, SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pcchris said:
The Robins have been back fo a couple of weeks now...and anyone in WI knows that they ALWAYS get snowed on...so we have more snow to come, I fear. Hope it comes when we're gone. That would be awesome!! I can wish...
We've got so many cardinals fighting over territory here that I can't hear the robins. They just quietly build nests and let the cardinals make all the noise.

Oh, the snowblower doesn't come off the tractor until the end of April and the winter wipers don't come off the cars until May 1.

you mean...you're supposed to take winter wipers off??? LOL!!!!!

They're too heavy to keep on all the time, and the sun breaks down the rubber.Besides, at the price of those things, better to take them off and save 'em for next year.

won't they dry rot from sitting around, though? (BTW - I do know you're supposed to remove them...I just don't...too lazy I guess.)

They'll dry rot if you keep them in the car. Keep them in the basement.

Great advice....thanks! Do all of you snow bunny cheffers remove your winter wipers in the summer, or am I the only one that doesn't? It's a car...I just drive it!!! (dh takes care of all the other stuff). I'm not your typical woman either...I worked in a Fleet maintenance shop for 14 1/2 years...so I do know everything tha's supposed to be done, I just don't do it. But you're right KG, if I did remove my winter wipers, it wouldn't be until at least May. We had a HUGE snowstorm in May here...I sure remember that one!

The wiper manufacturers say you should replace your wiper blades every six months. Most people wait until it's too late - when they're streaking in a pouring rain. (Why do wiper blades always fail right at eye level?) Of course, wiper manufactures would like you to buy blades every six months for some reason.The National Safety Council says once a year. I figure winter wipers are good for two seasons.But I'm not sure even waiting until May 1 is such a good idea. April 1 might be better - the condom over the wiper blade is to keep ice out of the wiper and April-May snow storms don't actually have much ice in them.

hmmm....never heard it called a condom...This should "raise attention" to others...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well? It's rubber...it's long...it covers something long and thin to protect it (the root meaning of prophylactic is "guard") so what else would you call it?

comments? anyone?? ha!

BTW -- there are two more things you can do to help. One, wash yur wiper blades when you get gas. When you're washing the windshield (you DO wash the windshield when you get gas, right? :eek:) wash your wiper blades with the squeegee and wipe them off with paper towels.The next thing you can do is keep Rain-X on your windshield. That's great stuff!

chefann said:
Normally, I'd agree (I have 5 acres of weeds that is officially called "field"), but the landscaped rocked areas I try to keep maintained. And the rocks were frickin' expensive! Hate to have them covered in weeds!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We've got so many cardinals fighting over territory here that I can't hear the robins. They just quietly build nests and let the cardinals make all the noise.

Oh, the snowblower doesn't come off the tractor until the end of April and the winter wipers don't come off the cars until May 1.

I never knew there was such a thing as winter wipers.

And I'm one of the ones that changes the wipers every.....100,000 miles or so.

From the ANCO web site:"ANCO winter blades provide a super-strong, rugged rubber cover over a heavy-duty frame to prevent ice, snow and slush from freezing wiper joints or building up on the blade itself."A heavy-gauge steel bridge resists abuse, and its extra-thick DuraKlear™ natural rubber wiping edge remains flexible in the coldest temperatures."Our winter blades outperform all competitors in laboratory testing and are available in eight lengths."Once the winter weather is over for the year, the blades’ KwikConnect™ System allows for easy installation and removal, so return to normal blades is quick and effortless."http://www.federal-mogul.com/NR/rdonlyres/BDCB52FF-F680-4FC4-9608-FAB0CE12CD9E/0/2_1_5_5_1_5winterblade.jpg

Wow, and to think I thought I was being pro-active by buying new tires today to replace my showing the steel-belt ones!

THAT was a good move!

So, I believe we've introduced sex and rock n roll into this thread, I can't remember seeing any drugs. We've gotta keep it interesting, so...

I think for the first time I have allergies! Ugh! Any recommendations for a congested chest, dry cough, irritated stomach? BTW, I have no time for sleeping or grogginess, so please recommend something non-drowsy.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
BTW -- there are two more things you can do to help. One, wash yur wiper blades when you get gas. When you're washing the windshield (you DO wash the windshield when you get gas, right? :eek:) wash your wiper blades with the squeegee and wipe them off with paper towels.

The next thing you can do is keep Rain-X on your windshield. That's great stuff!
When I get gas...I usually just excuse myself!:D

Paige Dixon said:
So, I believe we've introduced sex and rock n roll into this thread, I can't remember seeing any drugs. We've gotta keep it interesting, so...

I think for the first time I have allergies! Ugh! Any recommendations for a congested chest, dry cough, irritated stomach? BTW, I have no time for sleeping or grogginess, so please recommend something non-drowsy.

Paige...I am close to a lifer with allergies. Luckily, they have lessened as I have aged. At bedtime I take a 4 hr. Chlortrimiton over the counter and ONLY the 4 hour one. It is just enough to lessen the effects without the zombie effect the next day. I can't take anything that is non drowsy....it doesn't like me and I act like a ping pong ball gone wild!!!!:eek:

So it's in the high 70's this week in WI. Why can't you keep that for the weekend?? I will be there Fri-Sun and it's supposed to be in the 40's and maybe 50. It better not SNOW too!

Oops... 8:04. I'm supposed to be at work at 8:00. Late again. See ya later.

Wash my Windshield??? huh??
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
BTW -- there are two more things you can do to help. One, wash yur wiper blades when you get gas. When you're washing the windshield (you DO wash the windshield when you get gas, right? :eek:) wash your wiper blades with the squeegee and wipe them off with paper towels.

The next thing you can do is keep Rain-X on your windshield. That's great stuff!

I do not need to clean my windshield...my dh and I own 5 car washes...my windshield is rarely dirty!! :) but, i will start wiping my wipers. thanks for the info!

pcchris said:
I do not need to clean my windshield...my dh and I own 5 car washes...my windshield is rarely dirty!! :) but, i will start wiping my wipers. thanks for the info!
Where are they located?

3 in milwaukee (77th/Florist, teutonia ave in brown deer, FDL ave), one in waukesha, and one in mayville! keeps us pretty busy!

None of them are exactly convenient to me but I'll visit one or more of them when I can.

well I appreciate that....thank you!

The only one that's convenient to me is the one in Mayville. When you live here, the ONLY thing convenient is what's in town. At least we have 5 gas stations to choose from...believe that? 2 square mile town, and we have 5 gas stations...and of course, every town has several drinking establishments...we're no exception to that rule, either!

You're in Wisconsin, where there are more bars per capita than anywhere. Ever go to La Crosse? There's three or four bars on every block. Of course, the same can be said of the other college towns, especially Oshkosh and Stevens Point.

Naturally...where ever there happens to be a UW school, there's a multitude of bars. Hmm...college must make people thirsty...I'm guessing. Heard there's quite a few in Madison too!! Coincidence?? don't think so. So, anyone out there that has kids going to a University of Wisconsin school...now you know why they wanted to go there! (JK!!)

Madison?

I left it out because of the amateur status of the old state college towns - Point, Eau Claire, Menomonee, Whitewater, Oshkosh, Platteville, La Crosse, River Falls...who am I forgetting? There's ten, right?

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're in Wisconsin, where there are more bars per capita than anywhere. Ever go to La Crosse? There's three or four bars on every block. Of course, the same can be said of the other college towns, especially Oshkosh and Stevens Point.
I used to live in LaCrosse. I have to say it was the best place we ever lived!

It only takes a couple of minutes to go across town but about a half an hour to go from one end to the other. I swear that town is 2 miles wide and 18 miles long.

Moving from the Milwaukee area to LaCrosse was such a difference. Nothing took less than 30 minutes to get to but in LaCrosse nothing took more than about 10 minutes. And in Milwaukee if something started at 7pm you GOT there at 7pm but in LaCrosse (and here in NC too) if it starts at 7pm you leave your house at 7pm.

Buick named a car after it!

Love the new avatar, KG!

Thanks! It struck me as really funny about 3 o'clock this morning. It might not look so funny by this afternoon but we'll see.

I'm off to Chicago for the day. Well, actually, Chicago, Dolton and Alsip but hardly anyone knows (or cares, unless they live there) where those are.Carry on - I'll try to check in with you during the day but don't count on me until tonight sometime.Try to not wreck the joint while I'm gone, okay?

See KG leaves and everybody gets quiet

:( Nobody misses me! :(

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
:( Nobody misses me! :(

I miss you. Where'd you go again?

Why? So you can get a better aim this time?

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor