• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Type of Dough Should Be Used with a Cookie Press?

In summary, the new cookie press should be used with spritz type cookies. It has a curved side area to view when you have enough dough on the cookie sheet and a larger hopper. It is great because you won't have constant refilling and the screw type of press will work for most textures of dough.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I heard at conference that a certain type of cookie dough should be used with the cookie press. Does anyone know?
Thanks

With the new one? I love the new one. It's nearly identical to one that my mom had by Mirro when we grew up. I still have it and it's so similar. I just used the recipe on the use and care card which is a great Spritz Butter cookie.(also identical to my mom's old one... too cool) My 5 year old LOVED using it. I never liked the cake mix recipe we had to use in the old model so I'm excited. Can you tell? :)

Chef Bobby said:
I heard at conference that a certain type of cookie dough should be used with the cookie press. Does anyone know?
Thanks

Do you mean consistency? I wasn't at Conf - so this probably won't answer your question...

I have tried "gun" cookie presses in the past - and never had any luck. I finally found a crank style years back and have always loved it. I never had to worry about the dough I used - it worked with everything I tried. I only had to work with the dough to see how it baked (add more flour little by little if the test cookie flattens out too much). But, as far as the dough working with the cookie press, it had never been an issue.

And, yes, I got our new one! I love the crank style. I feel you can control the output SO much better with the crank style (JMO). My old one has a solid metal tube - so you can't see inside. I like that our has a clear tube.

They said to only use "spritz" recipes.

Did a recipe come with the cookie press???

Hijacking to say: Shelly, I love your siggy!!

Thank you. I actally got it on a wall plaque so I couldn't resist.

loreo said:
They said to only use "spritz" recipes.

i thought this too?!

Cookie presses should always be used with spritz type cookies. There is a basic spritz recipe included with the new press. I also posted a cream cheese spritz recipe in another thread recently.

I used mine yesterday with peanut butter cookies (gluten free friend) 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, creamy, and 1 cup sugar. Worked like a charm....

there are TONS of Spritz recipes here somewhere

I think there are also butter cookie recipes on file. Just remember that you can't have the dough to warm.

Dumb question again. What does spritz mean?
Thanks

It's a specific type of cookie. It reminds me a bit of shortbread.

quiverfull7 said:
With the new one? I love the new one. It's nearly identical to one that my mom had by Mirro when we grew up. I still have it and it's so similar. I just used the recipe on the use and care card which is a great Spritz Butter cookie.(also identical to my mom's old one... too cool) My 5 year old LOVED using it. I never liked the cake mix recipe we had to use in the old model so I'm excited. Can you tell? :)

Ah, yes. Thanks for the memory. When my dear mom passed away 4 years ago last week, I got her Mirro cookie press. She was a wonderful baker. I think she would've been pleased with the new one!

Actually, you can use it with several types of doughs, savory recipes and potatoes!

When this was introduced I immediately went to the product room, found a test kitchen person who found the head guy in charge of the press. I asked him to sell it to me because this was basically grandma's cookie press. He did. I'm sold. I'm selling.

Why? The reason we don't have the old ratchet style press is even the most basic spritz recipe varies from individual maker to maker. This caused all sorts of issues mentioned earlier. The new press has curved side areas will enable you to view when you have enough dough on the cookie sheet. The much larger hopper is great because you won't have constant refilling. The screw type of press will work for most textures of dough. The ricer insert will make the creamiest potataoes because you won't over-beat them or under-beat and have lumpy potatoes(They Rock).

They specifically asked me if I ever made the recipe that used the cake mix. I said yes, I had, but I hate it because I don't have the patience to make 78 cookies. That's when someone said we could use the peanut butter cookie and other recipes that have been floating around.

But, that could have been anyone of the numerous people that were listening in...it wasn't contradicted.

I can't imagine PC making the press for only one recipe. So I decided to go to the use and care section on our website. It says the cookie press made for "spritz, spice, chocolate spritz and sugar as well as savory applications such as cheese crisps"

You wouldn't believe all of the tips that are available! I wish PC would bring back the PIG(product information guide)! This Rocks!

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/product_info_guide/1526_cookiepress.pdf

I'm going to get my press out and bake! I loved it for the ricer, but now I think I'll be making cookies at my next show!

I'm not sure how to post a link

Last edited:
Last year I got the p chef cookie press and was so excited to use it. well after much difficulty, I gave up and put the dough in my grandma's old cookie press and it worked perfectly. so happy that the press was restyled. haven't tried it yet but will soon.

Bumping...want to make sure that everyone knows the press can make many types of cookies, not just spritz

Chefgirl2 said:
Bumping...want to make sure that everyone knows the press can make many types of cookies, not just spritz

Yes, this new cookie press is just like the one I have had for years - manual crank. And while I have definitely made spritz with it, I know I have made many other types of pressed cookies.

Just received mine and although I haven't used it yet, I do love that you can store the discs inside of it and it seems to be so much easier to store. The other one I felt that I had to leave in the box all the time to keep all of the discs together and organized. This one doesn't seem like it's going to take up as much room.... now, what to do with the other one that I've used, um, twice! :blushing:

I pulled mine out of the box to clean things up before a show. My DH said- "Oh, another one you won't use?" :grumpy:

I had only used the old one a couple of times -I'm not a spritz-cookie lover.....The type of cookies I like to make, can't go into the press. But I'll give this one a go!

I'm selling it more as a rice than a cookie press. I took it to my show...wish I had the recipe for peanut butter cookies that was floating around. We made the chocolate Raspberry martinis...only one person drank them...left at $550 and 4 bookings...but it was weird not having anyone taste what I made...

Loved having a 30 minute new product show, but I think the press can do the same thing...

Any chocolate chip cookies for it?

vonfirmath said:
Any chocolate chip cookies for it?

Chips get stuck in the discs. If you want to make cookies with "bits" in a press, you have to sprinkle the bits on top of the cookies after they're formed.

Chefgirl2 said:
I'm selling it more as a rice than a cookie press. I took it to my show...wish I had the recipe for peanut butter cookies that was floating around. We made the chocolate Raspberry martinis...only one person drank them...left at $550 and 4 bookings...but it was weird not having anyone taste what I made...

Loved having a 30 minute new product show, but I think the press can do the same thing...

Don't take that personally. I always wonder about serving something like that just before people leave. I often joke that I don't drink and drive; I drink and sleep. A martini, no matter how yummy, would put me out cold.

Rae,
I'm with you. Yesterday my good friend took me out for BD lunch and asked if I wanted a glass of wine with my lunch. I looked at her and laughed and said, If I have wine, are you getting my girls off the bus, while I'm at home having a nap?? :indif:

On another note, I don't generally serve drinks as I don't want to in ANY way possible be liable if someone does get into an accident. (Can you tell I used to work in Court system??) I tell my hostesses, if you want it, it's your home and do what you want, but I don't want it served from my products.

Back to main discussion of the cookie press.........has anyone tried the cheese nip type recipe that was in old Cookie Press recipes and see if works with this one?? I've got a friend who LOVES to make them, but hates the old cookie press, I know I'd have a sale if that recipe would work.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Rae,
I'm with you. Yesterday my good friend took me out for BD lunch and asked if I wanted a glass of wine with my lunch. I looked at her and laughed and said, If I have wine, are you getting my girls off the bus, while I'm at home having a nap?? :indif:

On another note, I don't generally serve drinks as I don't want to in ANY way possible be liable if someone does get into an accident. (Can you tell I used to work in Court system??) I tell my hostesses, if you want it, it's your home and do what you want, but I don't want it served from my products.

Back to main discussion of the cookie press.........has anyone tried the cheese nip type recipe that was in old Cookie Press recipes and see if works with this one?? I've got a friend who LOVES to make them, but hates the old cookie press, I know I'd have a sale if that recipe would work.

Thanks,

Lisa

Where is this recipe? The only recipe that I could find that wasn't a "cookie" recipe was for Cheese Straws... is that what you're referring to? Also, someone mentioned that there are savory type recipes to use it for, but again, the only one that I found was the Cheese Straws, anyone know of any other? Here is the Cheese Straws recipe in case someone wants it... Anyone know which disc you'd use for these? It says the star, but which one would that be for the new one? There is one that looks like a snowflake, but not really a star...

Cheese Straws
1 lb. extra sharp cheese
2 Scant Cups self-rising flour
2 Sticks of oleo or butter
Dash cayenne pepper
Grate cheese and mix in other ingredients. Put through star of cookie press. Bake on cookie sheet at 350°F until golden brown. The self-rising flour is the "secret ingredient". Should be stored in an airtight container.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Rae,

Sorry to hijack here but this has stirred up something in me that I have noticed and was wondering if it is just me. It seems like a lot of the new products are more geared towards drinking and entertaining than cooking or baking. I am wondering if there is any correlation here between the product line and the new owners (Berkshire/Hathaway)?

KimoMakano said:
Sorry to hijack here but this has stirred up something in me that I have noticed and was wondering if it is just me. It seems like a lot of the new products are more geared towards drinking and entertaining than cooking or baking. I am wondering if there is any correlation here between the product line and the new owners (Berkshire/Hathaway)?
The current trend in the market is for entertaining, so HO is reaching into that market. BH bought PC in 2002, so the change isn't likely related. Also, we already have a lot of great cooking and baking tools. Unless they are updated with redesigns, the only large gaps in the catalog are for entertaining products.

I'm okay with making drinks at shows. I usually only pour a small sampling...and I am definately not playing bartender and making it more than once. What killed the sampling was the fat content of the half and half and it was 2:00. I don't see how some people can tolerate drinking in the daytime.

As for the theme lately...I think it's great! I'm getting a whole new demographic of buyers that always thought PC was too domesticated for them. If they are willing to plop down $40 for 4 wine glasses, $20 for an opener and tons more for the dishes then I am happy to sell it to them.

This particular crowd has been to 50+ (could be 80 or more) shows of mine over the last 10 years. It was fun doing something completely different!

Now, I seem to remember the peanut butter cookie recipe being extremely simple...Like 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg...but that doesn't seem right...

There is also a recipe for the press using a brownie mix. They were not official recipes...Just word of mouth/email recipes.

Okay, I understand. I am not necessarily against just, but was just curious.
As for the cookie press, I like this one much better.

Here's just one website that has several cookie press recipes.

Cookie Press Cookies, Cookie Press Cookies recipes

From their home page:
Cookie Press Cookies
A cookie press is used to force cookies through a disk with a hole in the center of it , giving the cookie a shape such as a star, a Christmas tree, a heart, etc.

Recipes:
Almond Cream Spritz
Angel Whispers
Brown Sugar Spritz
Candy Bar Cushions
Chocolate Chip Spritz
Chocolate Dipped Orange Cookies
Chocolate Pillows
Chocolate Spritz
Eggnog Spritz
Gingerbread Spritz
Lebkuchen Spice Spritz
Mint Kiss Spritz
Mocha Hearts
Pina Colada Spritz
Pumpkin Spritz
Snowflakes
Sour Cream Spritz
Spritz
Whipped Shortbread

And I found this one at Cooks.com - Recipe Search and More

PEANUT BUTTER PRESS COOKIES

1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 egg
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda

Cream first 4 ingredients; beat in egg. Add flour, soda and a dash of salt; add to cream mixture. Chill 10 minutes. Using half of the dough at a time, force through cookie press on ungreased cookie sheet. If desired; sprinkle with finely chopped nuts. Bake at 400 degrees about 8 minutes.

Here is something that I found.... it's a pdf but I'm copying and pasting the web page with it, so hopefully it'll work. It's is the instruction and recipe booklet for the Wilton Cookie Press.... Lot's of great recipes, more savory ones, which I was looking for...

http://www.wilton.com/downloads/productinstructions/2104-4008cookiemasterplus.pdf

KimoMakano said:
Never concern yourself with hijacking a thread. It's tradition here.Most of my customers aren't drinkers, so I market "off label" uses for many of the items.
Wine Stopper/Pourer - use for oils, vinegars, or dish soapWine Glasses - great for dressing up any meal if you fill them with juice, soda, Martini Glasses - they're extra large, so they work for desserts, shrimp cocktail, or appetizers (fill with nuts or mints, or put a dollop of dip in the bottom and stand stick-style veggies like carrots, peppers, snow peas, and celery, in them)Martini Shaker - great for making protein drinks, fair-style lemon shake-ups, or omelets​
Entertaining is big, especially among my younger customers. Many people don't really cook today, and this helps them to present things in an attractive way. I think it's also a great introduction into our products. They fall in love with the Martini Glasses, so they come to another show and see how easy it is to make a few of our recipes. Ta da! Cooking convert.

1. What type of cookie dough should be used with the Pampered Chef cookie press?

The Pampered Chef cookie press can be used with any type of cookie dough, but it is recommended to use a firm dough that holds its shape well, such as shortbread or sugar cookie dough.

2. Can I use refrigerated cookie dough with the Pampered Chef cookie press?

Yes, refrigerated cookie dough can be used with the Pampered Chef cookie press. Just make sure the dough is firm enough to hold its shape when pressed through the cookie press.

3. How do I clean the Pampered Chef cookie press?

The Pampered Chef cookie press is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I adjust the size of the cookies made with the Pampered Chef cookie press?

Yes, the Pampered Chef cookie press comes with different disks that can be used to create cookies in different sizes and shapes. Simply switch out the disk to change the size of your cookies.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef cookie press for savory dishes?

Yes, the Pampered Chef cookie press can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. It can be used to create appetizers, like cheese straws, or to make decorative toppings for savory dishes like mashed potatoes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies