• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Terminal: A Tom Hanks Love Story

In summary, Tom Hanks does an excellent job in The Terminal playing a stranded foreigner in a strange land.
imported_lkprescott
Just when I thought I was burned out on Tom Hanks movies. LOL...

Some how we ended up with a copy of The Terminal in our DVD collection... not sure where it came from, so we watched it. Wow... what a great job Hanks does, playing a stranger in a strange land.

A foreigner trapped in a NY airport, his homeland became tangled in a coup/civil war while in midair and when he lands, he is a man without a country... his passport unrecognized by the US nor by his own country and he's instructed to stay in the 'international lounge' of the airport... only thing is, time drags on and so does buerocracy and he remains stuck... he learns English, plays matchmaker and even ends up falling in love... the ending's a little flat but it's a realization that his trip wouldn't have been any skin off anyone's nose had the buerocratic machine hadn't had him get clogged in the cogs.

A fantastic film and while sad in parts, a good date night flick...

I still haven't seen this movie but my Father In Laws ex-wife was an extra in this movie.

I recall watching it --- thinking I missed the ending for some reason or maybe since you said it was flat that maybe I did and just don't remember it.

Overall I liked it & probably rented it because of Tom Hanks

Survivor Themed MeetingI did a Survivor themed cluster meeting last summer (surviving the summer months) where we did immunity challenges and all sorts of fun stuff like that. I can't find my notes for it anymore...I know I shared it with quite a few people at CS...anyone have my notes?

if you get them, could you please share? this sounds AWESOME!

I know this is only a part of my notes - it's the basic outline - I KNOW I had more...just can't find it all. Maybe we can all pitch in and build this up a bit better:
June: “Super Summer Survivor”
• Have Tiki torches lining the driveway as they enter the meeting
• As consultants enter, they are assigned to the “Repus” or “Remmus” tribes (Super and Summer spelled backwards) identified by their color buffs (ribbons tied to their arms...we used crepe paper) Have two circles of chairs set up for each tribe with signs identifying each tribe (go to CBS website and download “Survivor” Logo)
• Tree Mail – Announcements (ie; upcoming dates, host/guest specials, incentives)
• Reward Challenge (Name That Product – have two Food Choppers out on a table kind of like Family Feud) Give a Feature/Benefit, guarantee information, etc for various products. First one to “chop” in gets to answer. If they are correct, their team gets a point. If they miss it, the other team gets a chance to steal the point. (Example: Made of hard anodized aluminum, Lifetime guarantee, sold in Open Stock pieces or 6, 4 or 10- piece set…Cookware) If they miss it, the other team gets the chance to steal the point – Winners get candy “hot dogs” or hamburgers or something food related – the losers have to eat worms (gummy worms)...found these prizes @ Dollar Tree
• Immunity Challenge – How to be “immune” to a summertime slump - Make it a timed event. The group to come up with the most strategies to avoid taking the summer off wins “Immunity” (give each team member a paper “Immunity” necklace...my kids made these out of strips of paper they then stapled into paper chain necklaces...I paid them a penny per link - they loved being involved...I used scrap paper) Examples: how to overcome summertime booking objections, don’t just do weekend shows, offer no-bake shows, ice cream socials, patio parties, etc.

Anyone have any input?
I am trying to think of ways to add a recruiting exercise as well...

anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

This is all a first for me. I haven't heard you talk about these kinds of meetings before, but I hope you find someone who has more info, because it sounds like something my team would enjoy. Looking forward to hearing more!

I do vaguely remember this but I didn't save any of it or do anything with it.

I AM interested in doing it this year now - the group I have now would love this kind of thing.

...sorry I wasn't help.:rolleyes:

What great ideas! We are now thinking of doing this for our meeting in May. It sounds like so much fun and we have 4-5 direcotrs and usually get around 15 coming. So that would work. Plus that timing would coordinate with the season finale in May.
Let's all keep thinking of ways to enhance and add to what we've already got.

Ok...Here are the things I like to touch on at each of my meetings:
Intros/Opening
Recognition
Bookings this is addressed in the immunity challenge
Recruiting
Product Knowledge/Sales this falls into the Reward Challenge section
Announcements delivered as Tree mail
Promoting
...and I was REALLY hoping to do a PWS training (since AD bumped me off the agenda the other night and my team has beeb BEGGING for PWS training)

How can we fit all those things in under the Survivor theme? I have bolded the ones I think I've already addressed in the original outline.

I haven't watched Survivor since season one...how do they all get introduced to each other on the first episode?

Remember that we have that blitz that HO emailed us about in May!

I have never watched survivor.

bethcooks4u said:
Remember that we have that blitz that HO emailed us about in May!

I have never watched survivor.

Yup - just remembered that from another post here. I have a new consultant who I KNOW will balk at that. AD tried to do a phone-calling exercise (call your own voicemail and leave yourself a message) with everyone the other night and this particular new consultant refused - oy vey.

I don't know if it follows the survivor TV show format but how about a segment where they get some "lifeline" calls (calling to grow our business - new recruits/bookings are our lifeline to keep going) - going into the HO call challenge. ...oh and it's a "challenge" (isn't that a word they use on that show too??).

I have never watched Survivor but I think it's a great concept!
Would you need to have a big group in order to do this???

annew said:
I have never watched Survivor but I think it's a great concept!
Would you need to have a big group in order to do this???

We did it last time with I believe 8 or 10 consultants...

dannyzmom said:
I know this is only a part of my notes - it's the basic outline - I KNOW I had more...just can't find it all. Maybe we can all pitch in and build this up a bit better:
June: “Super Summer Survivor”
• Have Tiki torches lining the driveway as they enter the meeting
• As consultants enter, they are assigned to the “Repus” or “Remmus” tribes (Super and Summer spelled backwards) identified by their color buffs (ribbons tied to their arms...we used crepe paper) Have two circles of chairs set up for each tribe with signs identifying each tribe (go to CBS website and download “Survivor” Logo)
• Tree Mail – Announcements (ie; upcoming dates, host/guest specials, incentives)
• Reward Challenge (Name That Product – have two Food Choppers out on a table kind of like Family Feud) Give a Feature/Benefit, guarantee information, etc for various products. First one to “chop” in gets to answer. If they are correct, their team gets a point. If they miss it, the other team gets a chance to steal the point. (Example: Made of hard anodized aluminum, Lifetime guarantee, sold in Open Stock pieces or 6, 4 or 10- piece set…Cookware) If they miss it, the other team gets the chance to steal the point – Winners get candy “hot dogs” or hamburgers or something food related – the losers have to eat worms (gummy worms)...found these prizes @ Dollar Tree
• Immunity Challenge – How to be “immune” to a summertime slump - Make it a timed event. The group to come up with the most strategies to avoid taking the summer off wins “Immunity” (give each team member a paper “Immunity” necklace...my kids made these out of strips of paper they then stapled into paper chain necklaces...I paid them a penny per link - they loved being involved...I used scrap paper) Examples: how to overcome summertime booking objections, don’t just do weekend shows, offer no-bake shows, ice cream socials, patio parties, etc.

I'm searching my theme show notes Caroline! LOVE the fun of this for a meeting!

How about a recipe-making or eating challenge? Or you could provide each with a few tools and have them brainstorm the different recipes they can make with them - whoever has the longer list wins. Or do it for "uses" - -

For one of the reward challenges we are giving each of the two teams a comparable recipe to make. They will be judged on time, appearance, and accuracy. Perfect way to have food for the meeting.

did I mention that you guys are GREAT????

I am so "borrowing" this idea for our meeting next month!

I am still struggling to find a way to add a recruiting segment to the survivor theme...or how to work the contact blitz in...

the blitz could be the "final immunity challenge"-whoever gets the most bookings gets a "prize"

as for recruiting.....dunno! I will keep thinking about it and see what I come up with.

I have tried to search archieves on CS and come up with nothing. Perhaps you may have posted your notes on a Director's Loop?

I am so going to go with this theme. Will add any ideas that I may stumble upon!! (I am not known for orginal thinking!:approve:)

I usually get to watch the spring episode of Survivor, but have not done so this season.

I did do a Survivor theme cooking show one time and it was a blast. We had two teams. Each team had a recipe to finish off. One person on each team was in charge of "instructing" their team members on how to finish the recipe off...everyone but the instructor was blind folded!! It was a riot and even though the recipes weren't "polished" looking, they tasted good.

Thanks for sharing!

I hunted thru the CS files, my own files, I asked on the director's loops, etc. What I posted in post #3 of this thread is all I have dug up so far :(

Let's brainstorm how to incorporate the May Booking Blitz and recruiting into it...

Sounds great! I will also ask one of my downline "Survivor" junkies her input. She needs and wants to help me plan meetings anyway!! She may have more on activities that we can incorporate recruiting and the May blitz. Will keep you posted.

My director just bought 8 tiki torches- for $1.25 each at a neighborhood grocery store- they are shorter ones, but they will work!
We are also thinking of having everyone dress tropical.

Happy Chef said:
My director just bought 8 tiki torches- for $1.25 each at a neighborhood grocery store- they are shorter ones, but they will work!
We are also thinking of having everyone dress tropical.

GREAT PRICE!

Like the small tiki light idea...my meetings are at a church:angel: and I really don't want it to look like we are either burning the church down or performing and exorcism:devil:!!! We could always go with a fake flame. Just had an idea...what if I took a little spray paint and sprayed it on some cotton batting (sp?) you know, the fluffy stuff that has the consistency of cotton candy (not the taste, however!!)

I have not had time to work on this, but hope to tomorrow as I will be sitting at a fair from 12 to 6!

I think the idea of a blindfold is GREAT for Consultant's! we already think we know everything about the products, maybe it would give another perspective for everyone to do a recipe with no eyes except a leader...could be a good way to bring in a talk about Host Coaching since we have to tell each Host what to do in a very specific way in order to get positive results!

Besides announcements- we are also doing recognition on a sheet of paper -rolled up and tied with a string.

chefmeg said:
I think the idea of a blindfold is GREAT for Consultant's! we already think we know everything about the products, maybe it would give another perspective for everyone to do a recipe with no eyes except a leader...could be a good way to bring in a talk about Host Coaching since we have to tell each Host what to do in a very specific way in order to get positive results!

Just don't involve anything sharp!! At my Survivor party, I had co-hosts so I decided to make them the head of the teams, but to determine what team went first I made a challenge (also geared to show a product). I gave one a quick cut paring knife and the other the A/P/C/S. The challenge was to see who could peel their apple the quickest. Little did I know that the person given the QKPK is one of those people that does not compete...they just WIN!! He really needed stitches but refused to go get them. It was and ugly site and I felt like crap.

Oh my gosh- good point! We aren't going to blindfold. I need my team able to do their shows:)

Ok...here is a rough idea of what I am going to do.

Instead of doing the product knowledge segment, I am going to incorporate the phone blitz.
Then the team with the most points will eat something good and the losing team will eat worms!

On the show, each member can bring one personal item with them. Some a comb, a Bible, a game board...I have asked each attendee to bring the one Pampered Chef item that they could not live without.

I had thought of copying the segment when they are down to 3 or 4 and they have a "journey" to go through with each tribe member's name on it that was voted off...and have some past consultant's names, but maybe what I will do is have them each try to think of one past host's name that they have not been in touch with.

In addition, someone is bringing one of the new Stars and Stripes recipe. And one was able to go to the Regional meeting.

Gotta run to the PO and get shopping.

any ideas how I can make an invitation that looks like parchment??? I want to send a snail mail invite to everyone so that they can come prepared to compete!

Also, instead of tiki torches, we are going to use the outdoor party sticks with candles to line the driveway!

chefmeg said:
any ideas how I can make an invitation that looks like parchment??? I want to send a snail mail invite to everyone so that they can come prepared to compete!

Also, instead of tiki torches, we are going to use the outdoor party sticks with candles to line the driveway!

Use pieces of our parchment paper cut in half lengthwise and just use a magic marker to write on!

baychef said:
Ok...here is a rough idea of what I am going to do.

Instead of doing the product knowledge segment, I am going to incorporate the phone blitz. Then the team with the most points will eat something good and the losing team will eat worms!

On the show, each member can bring one personal item with them. Some a comb, a Bible, a game board...I have asked each attendee to bring the one Pampered Chef item that they could not live without.

I had thought of copying the segment when they are down to 3 or 4 and they have a "journey" to go through with each tribe member's name on it that was voted off...and have some past consultant's names, but maybe what I will do is have them each try to think of one past host's name that they have not been in touch with.

In addition, someone is bringing one of the new Stars and Stripes recipe. And one was able to go to the Regional meeting.

Gotta run to the PO and get shopping.

These are such GREAT ideas!!!]

Wonder if we can incorporate al of this to a family picnic out in a local park? Have the HUSBANDS decide their personal pc item they can't live without (I don't know about you guys, but my husband would have a TOUGH time limiting to one! LOL).

For the consultants, you could put a bunch of "benefits/uses" on index cards (enough for each team) and whichever teams places the cards beside the correct product first, correctly wins! Tie braker ~ how many new uses can they come up with?

I love your idea for the matching benefits/product challenge race!

We had our "Survivor" themed meeting last night and it went well. Instead of the product knowledge game, I tried to get the lowly 4 that were brave enough to attend excited about making calls. One was a new hospitality person and she is brand new to the area. So it was 3 others. They each got to make about 4 or 5 calls. It netted 1 booking, 1 booking and 3 bookings!

One thing I did was spread my pictures from the cruise on the tables. I told them that the reason I was putting them "through" this calling tonight was so they could suffer next year right along with us on the trip!!!

They were hesitant, but happy when they were done. My ED suggested that we follow up with a Booking Blitz with in the next week to continue the follow up on their list.

One consultant is new and she e-mailed me how nervous she was working on a list of 100...she didn't think she could do it. I reassured her that it would be ok and to just get as many names as she could on the list. She came into the meeting feeling better, but revealed that she only had 10 names. I asked her how many names she had 2 days ago, and she replied 0. So I complimented her on her progress and explained to her that this is what we are looking for, progress not perfection.

I think they had a good time, it got them thinking about who to call and why it is good to follow up. It may have been the wrong time before, but it could be the right time now!

Hope to follow up later but this week is turning into another busy one at the day job.:mad:

I found some really cute "parchment" printer paper for the invitations I want to send...any ideas for wording?

Meg, I am not at home, but when I get there, I will forward on some of what I wrote. I had an e-mail background that looked like old fashioned paper.

I used the "papyrus" font. It is old fashioned looking but easy to read!

Will your business survive the summer?

Join us on Monday, May 5th
At 6:00 PM
At The Watertown Mennonite Church in Watertown

There will be immunity challenges and much more Survivor theme fun. Never watched the show? Not a problem, prior knowledge of the Survivor show will not give you an edge...but knowledge will be gained on how to SURVIVE the SUMMER!!

What will you need:
Calendar
Pen or Pencil
List of 100 contacts
The one Pampered Chef tool you could not go into the world without!
A cell phone would be very handy to win challenges (yes, there will be prizes!!)

How can you help?
RSVP for you and any guest you may bring
We will need one person to bring a dish...you don't have to fish but they do ear a lot of rice on Survivor episodes!!
Please leave children at home where they can have as much as you will have when you attend this monthly motivation!!
Don't find yourself voted off the island when the fall season arrives!!!
And P.S. The Cutie, Jeff Probst, (pictured above) who is the host of Survivor will not be able to attend our meeting!!!

I REMEMBERED!!!!!
I am doing my urvivor themed meeting tonight and while getting together my last minute stuff I finally remembered some more of that I did last year!

We did a salsa race --
Each team was given:
a batter bowl
a citrus press
kitchen shears
salad chopper
knife
cutting board
garlic press

they were also given:
1/2 an onion
4 small tomatoes
a small bunch of cilantro
a lime
1 clove of garlic

The first team to make salsa (using the salad chopper in the batter bowl) won that challenge.

Last year I assigned each team member a tool and an ingredient to bring. This year I am providing it all because I am having an awful time getting RSVPs and most of my girls are coming straight from work.

Prizes = yummy gummy treats
Losers get sour gummy worms

We had our Survivor Meeting last night- here's the agendaSurvivor Meeting Agenda

While music is playing ( I downloaded song from ITunes 3 minutes long and burned a disk). Also play music on and off during meeting.
E. will greet everyone, have them fill out a name tag with their first name in big letters, give them a lei, and have them light a tiki torch outside. Then when they come back in assign them a team and hand them a team buff. (We used crepe paper for arm bands- they didn’t work so well.)

Each team will sit at their camp table. I will welcome everyone. Introduce the teams and team captains and give them their shell necklaces. Explain that we are having 3 challenges with prizes, plus we will be voting for the Best Tropical Outfitted Survivor.

First Challenge- Name That. I will read clues to the answers. Teams can chop in (using their team Food Chopper) at anytime. If your team is correct you get a point. If not the other team gets to steal. If they don’t get it- I will keep going thru all the clues and both teams can again chop in again. Another director will keep tabs on the board of each teams points. Winning team members each gets a pick from the pick basket ($1 items).

Second Challenge- Cooking Challenge. D. A. will explain and announce voting criteria (teamwork, cleanliness, timeliness, and presentation).
After challenge is complete directors will vote on winning recipe at the Tribal Counsel.
We have a decorated table set up with the Stockpot, marker, and index cards. R. will read votes and determine winning team. They will each get a pick from the pick basket.

Tree Mail- Team Captains will each pick a member of their team to go find and retrieve a team Tree Mail. Team Gnilles (Selling backwards) will need to find the green ribboned tree mail and Team Remmus (summer backwards) will need to find the white ribboned tree mail outside.
While their teammates are looking for the tree mail, the teams will be trying to decipher their team names meaning. After the team members bring in the tree mail they will each read it to the whole group. One tree mail will contain Announcements and the other will contain Recognition.

Immunity Challenge- E. will run. “How to be Immuned to a Summer Slump” each team had 15 minutes to write down on easel paper all their strategies for a successful summer. After reading them to the group and briefly discussing, the Directors go to Tribal Counsel and vote for the winners. R. will read off the votes and declare the winning team which will all get a pick from the pick basket.

Finally everyone goes to Tribal Counsel to vote for the Best Tropical Outfitted Survivor.
R. reads all the votes and declares the winner- who gets a Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.

We eat!

We raided all our basements for tropical items and the local $1 store. Cost ended up being $60 or $20 per director including the food for both recipes, decorations, and picks. We had 10 team members plus 3 directors attend. No one but me watches Survivor. I think everyone had a great time and we had a fun time planning it.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their info so I could propose and plan this meeting!

That sounds very cool to do!! Thanks :sun:

Happy Chef said:
Survivor Meeting Agenda

While music is playing ( I downloaded song from ITunes 3 minutes long and burned a disk). Also play music on and off during meeting.
E. will greet everyone, have them fill out a name tag with their first name in big letters, give them a lei, and have them light a tiki torch outside. Then when they come back in assign them a team and hand them a team buff. (We used crepe paper for arm bands- they didn’t work so well.)

Each team will sit at their camp table. I will welcome everyone. Introduce the teams and team captains and give them their shell necklaces. Explain that we are having 3 challenges with prizes, plus we will be voting for the Best Tropical Outfitted Survivor.

First Challenge- Name That. I will read clues to the answers. Teams can chop in (using their team Food Chopper) at anytime. If your team is correct you get a point. If not the other team gets to steal. If they don’t get it- I will keep going thru all the clues and both teams can again chop in again. Another director will keep tabs on the board of each teams points. Winning team members each gets a pick from the pick basket ($1 items).

Second Challenge- Cooking Challenge. D. A. will explain and announce voting criteria (teamwork, cleanliness, timeliness, and presentation).
After challenge is complete directors will vote on winning recipe at the Tribal Counsel.
We have a decorated table set up with the Stockpot, marker, and index cards. R. will read votes and determine winning team. They will each get a pick from the pick basket.

Tree Mail- Team Captains will each pick a member of their team to go find and retrieve a team Tree Mail. Team Gnilles (Selling backwards) will need to find the green ribboned tree mail and Team Remmus (summer backwards) will need to find the white ribboned tree mail outside.
While their teammates are looking for the tree mail, the teams will be trying to decipher their team names meaning. After the team members bring in the tree mail they will each read it to the whole group. One tree mail will contain Announcements and the other will contain Recognition.

Immunity Challenge- E. will run. “How to be Immuned to a Summer Slump” each team had 15 minutes to write down on easel paper all their strategies for a successful summer. After reading them to the group and briefly discussing, the Directors go to Tribal Counsel and vote for the winners. R. will read off the votes and declare the winning team which will all get a pick from the pick basket.

Finally everyone goes to Tribal Counsel to vote for the Best Tropical Outfitted Survivor.
R. reads all the votes and declares the winner- who gets a Jamaican Jerk Seasoning.

We eat!

We raided all our basements for tropical items and the local $1 store. Cost ended up being $60 or $20 per director including the food for both recipes, decorations, and picks. We had 10 team members plus 3 directors attend. No one but me watches Survivor. I think everyone had a great time and we had a fun time planning it.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing their info so I could propose and plan this meeting!

Carolyn, I have a few questions:

1) what was the recipe you used for the cooking challenge?
2) where did you get the shell necklaces?

Any details you can give would be appreciated~I am working with 3 other Directors and need to let them know how all of this is going to go!

chefmeg said:
Carolyn, I have a few questions:

1) what was the recipe you used for the cooking challenge?
2) where did you get the shell necklaces?

Any details you can give would be appreciated~I am working with 3 other Directors and need to let them know how all of this is going to go!

I didn't have shell necklasces, I used the candy ones for kids - got 'em at the dollar store.
The recipe was the one I have attached here...but w/o the jalapenos

Attachments

• Southwest Salsa - pass around.doc
    24 KB · Views: 144
    24 KB · Views: 165
    24 KB · Views: 143
We held our "Survivor" meeting last night and it was great! We had a very small group, all of who are the ones that are consistent with their businesses, so I was worried to start out. It gets harder and harder to give information to the people that don't really seem to need it! Well, it worked really well, especially when I had them make the salsa with one team member blindfolded! It showed them all how they worked as a team (or not!) and we talked about host coaching and helping new recruits...how not to leave them feeling blindfolded! Everyone commented before they left how much fun the meeting was and what I found was that with the smaller group, it was very relaxed. Glad it is over and now moving onto June!
Thanks to everyone for the great ideas! I could not have pulled this off alone!

chefmeg said:
It gets harder and harder to give information to the people that don't really seem to need it!

Everyone commented before they left how much fun the meeting was and what I found was that with the smaller group, it was very relaxed.

Sometimes we have to repeat things because the first time we may have heard a tip or suggestion, we may not have needed it at the time or it may not have "sunk in". Even though you feel they don't need it...they need you and they need each other to sustain motivation and excitement in their business. It's a great way to point out to those who "wish they could do better" that the most successful people are the ones who participate in meetings. The sharing of ideas, the networking and the training keep their momentum up and it is working.

There is a saying:
If your business is not going where you want it to, you need to come to a meeting.
If you don't need to go to a meeting, you need to come to a meeting to share your enthusiasm and success with others!

The fun factor is so important...it makes them come back for more!! Sounds like you did a fantastic job, Meg!!! Congratulations!:party::party:

You are so right Ann. After the meeting was over, several of the girls said that they don't come to meetings for the info...they come to be with like-minded people that have ups and downs in their businesses too. It really helped several of them when our AD casually mentioned that in one afternoon, she had 3 shows cancel. It shows everyone that even folks at an upper level fight with the same challenges they have. It was SO cool to have her say that and then during recognition, we got to announce to the group that she was #1 in sales for our NED's WHOLE downline in April! See, even with the challenges, she was able to pull that off! Gotta love it!

<h2>1. What is the plot of "The Terminal"?</h2><p>The plot of "The Terminal" follows Viktor Navorski, a man from the fictional country of Krakozhia, who becomes trapped in JFK airport in New York City after his country undergoes a coup. He is unable to enter the United States or return to his home country, and must survive in the airport's international lounge for months while navigating the complex bureaucracy and forming relationships with the airport staff and other travelers.</p><h2>2. Who plays the main character in "The Terminal"?</h2><p>The main character, Viktor Navorski, is played by Tom Hanks.</p><h2>3. What genre is "The Terminal"?</h2><p>"The Terminal" is a romantic comedy-drama film.</p><h2>4. Is "The Terminal" based on a true story?</h2><p>No, "The Terminal" is not based on a true story. However, it was inspired by the real-life story of Mehran Karimi Nasseri, an Iranian refugee who lived in Terminal 1 of Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris for 18 years.</p><h2>5. What is the theme of "The Terminal"?</h2><p>The theme of "The Terminal" is the resilience of the human spirit and the power of human connections. It explores the idea of finding belonging and purpose in unexpected places and the importance of community and empathy. </p>

Related to The Terminal: A Tom Hanks Love Story

1. What is the plot of "The Terminal"?

The plot of "The Terminal" follows Viktor Navorski, a man from the fictional country of Krakozhia, who becomes trapped in JFK airport in New York City after his country undergoes a coup. He is unable to enter the United States or return to his home country, and must survive in the airport's international lounge for months while navigating the complex bureaucracy and forming relationships with the airport staff and other travelers.

2. Who plays the main character in "The Terminal"?

The main character, Viktor Navorski, is played by Tom Hanks.

3. What genre is "The Terminal"?

"The Terminal" is a romantic comedy-drama film.

4. Is "The Terminal" based on a true story?

No, "The Terminal" is not based on a true story. However, it was inspired by the real-life story of Mehran Karimi Nasseri, an Iranian refugee who lived in Terminal 1 of Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris for 18 years.

5. What is the theme of "The Terminal"?

The theme of "The Terminal" is the resilience of the human spirit and the power of human connections. It explores the idea of finding belonging and purpose in unexpected places and the importance of community and empathy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy