• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Details of the Spice Sampling Event?

In summary, there is a discussion about making spice samples to use as prizes at parties. One person mentions using GrandmaRita's method of creating samples with different colors for each spice. Others suggest different ideas such as creating a multi-dip buffet or using ziploc bags with recipes and ingredient info. Someone also shares their method of using small ziploc bags and stapling a recipe card to the outside. Another person suggests checking out a posted file for a Dill Dip Packet and shares their own method of using clear card envelopes with printed recipes on the back. The conversation ends with someone requesting a picture of the spice packets and another member sharing their Southwest Seasoning label.
lilscrapmama
I seen on another post, thats VERY long now, but others are quoting someone doing some sort of spice sample for the prizes,.. if its you can you please post more info on that, sounds wonderful! ESPECIALLY since next month is SPICES for the guest,
Do you have a picture? Or details :) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

I know GrandmaRita makes her own samples of Spices,as we talked about that while at Regionals.

Maybe she'll show you one she's made, she told me she does each one different colors, so she can always tell how many of each she's got left.

HTH,

Lisa

i would like to start this too. hopefully someone will post along with what recipe they give with the spices

You can make up your own spice samples with ziploc bags and place in an envelope or other sort of cardholder-type-thing (a real technical term :D ) with a recipe and ingredient info.

Another idea is to do a multi-dip buffet for a "B" recipe --
Italian w/olive oil
Southwestern w/mayo & sour cream
Rosemary w/olive oil
Dill mix w/sour cream & mayo
BBQ w/sour cream & mayo
Jerk w/olive oil
Cinnamon w/sugar & softened butter

Serve with cubes of french bread to taste each of the different flavors. It doesn't take much prep time.

I have little ziploc bags at home that I use when I make up bread mixes for people (they hold the yeast). I can look up where I got them if anyone is interested...They are about 2"x2".

Looked it up anyway...it was PaperMart item #1510222.

I look on the bottle of spice and type a card with one of those recipes on it. On the other side of the crd, I put all of my info on it. I use the small "snack" size ziplocks. I put the scice inside and staple that card on the ziploc.

I use the Italian one alot and use the butter recipe on the bottle.

Hey thanks for the info, I'm just a newbie here. Heck I didn't even know there were recipes on the bottle! LOL. FYI you can buy the mini baggies at Michael's, JoAnn's, Wal-Mart, etc. I'm going to slip them into a card with a pocket (that I create) with the recipe. I will post one when I come up with the finished product. You see, I'm a Stampin' Up! rep too so this way I can promote BOTH businesses. Is that legal? LOL

Someone posted this awhile ago.... LOVE it!

DillDipPacket.pdf

oops - won't attach.....hmmm....go to FILES and do a search for DILL....

SusanBP0129 said:
Someone posted this awhile ago.... LOVE it!

DillDipPacket.pdf

oops - won't attach.....hmmm....go to FILES and do a search for DILL....

Found it, thanks so much!

So here's what I decided to do: I'll slip the recipe(s), the sample(s), and the flyer for the March special into a pocket card that I create and will put them in the bag with current orders from February's parties. Hopefully this will generate repeat customers. I'll post it sometime after this weekend I hope...

I know this is unrelated but... Is there a way of knowing when someone has replied to you last post? I used to be a member of a message board where if there was a reply to your post than an e-mail with a link to the reply was sent to you...

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted about this awhile ago. I started doing this in my first month with PC. I make up my own spice sample packets to give out as prizes at the end of my shows. I usually have a few other regular PC gifts in the basket as well (seasons best, scrapper, pairing knife etc.) but my spice samples ALWAYS go first, and usually it is the Dill Mix that goes first of the spices. I use the clear card envelopes that are self-sealing and print up the recipes on the back of the bottle, mount them on cute scrapbook paper and stick it to the outside of the bag. They are very cute! I figure that this sort of prize will get me repeat business (which I love) because the spices are awsome! The knives, twixits, scrappers are all nice, but not really going to do much for repeat buys.
Anyways, I don't know if my post is the one you were talking about, but that is what I do!!!
Good Luck!

I would love to see a pic of your packets if you have one. They sound so cute!!

I got 100 small (maybe 2"x2") ziploc packets at Michael's Craft Store for a really good price (under $5 I think).

I am attaching the labels I use for the Southwest Seasoning. I give them as a thank you for larger orders.

Attachments

• Southwest Seasoning Mix.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 994
Spice Sample Packets - Party FavorsThanks, Lisa, for your reply #2. I will describe my packet, (original idea from my recruiter Alicia Gerbig), since I don't have much luck doing attachments. Ingredients for my spice packet:
Cut in Half a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock and fold in half.
Use a circle or heart shaped cutter (MARVY /UCHIDA 2 1/2" Heart)
purchased at Michael's or other craft stores. They also have other shapes.
You could also use Creative Memories templates and cut the circle whereever
you wish on the cardstock. With the Marvy, you are limited to the bottom
edge of your paper.
Recloseable Bags 3"x4" come in packages of 100 and cost $1.49
Fill Bag with only 2 Teaspoons of Spice.

Hold the bag in place, so that you see the spice through the Cut-out Heart, by stapling
through your business card which I place on the front of the fold with the Cut-Out.
On the back side, I place the label telling how to use the spice, along with the # for re-ordering purposes. I have not had calls to re-order in the two years I have been doing it, but it may have prompted orders at future shows, and it is a nice way for me to get my card into their hands.

As Lisa said, I use Card stock that relates to the Spice: Southwest = orange; Cinnamon Plus = red; Citrus Basil = Yellow; Dill = Green; Rosemary = Pink or Blue;

For the most part, your 1" x 2 3/4" address labels will hold four lines on which you can give ideas for using that spice:
#9723 Cinnamon Plus
Use in Oatmeal, Applesauce,
French toast, and as you use
plain Cinnamon.

#9714 Southwestern Seasoning
DIP: Mix contents with 1 cup each
Sour Cream & Mayonnaise.
Refrigerate until time to use.

Instructions would be the same for Dill Dip

#9734 Citrus & Basil Rub
Brush meat, poultry or seafood
with oil, sprinkle with RUB. Great
mixed with ground meat too.

Last edited:
Janice, approx. how much seasoning in each packet?

Photo of Sample Spice packetI'm going to try and show what the single spice packet looks like. If I cannot do it, I will try to send it to Lisa, and have her try.

Attachments

• #133 Cinnamon  - Heart sample packet.jpg
    #133 Cinnamon - Heart sample packet.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,263
Last edited:
Grandmarita said:
I'm going to try and show what the single spice packet looks like. If I cannot do it, I will try to send it to Lisa, and have her try.

Wow...that's awesome. I will be trying to recreate these very soon! Hope you don't mind!

I am so excited to try this idea!! I have a short notice party next weekend so hopefully I can try them out there!!

yummy4tummy said:
Janice, approx. how much seasoning in each packet?
Sorry, not Janice here but I think I have your answer... 2-3 tablespoons as noted on the bottle, I use 2.

Oops, my bad. 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of SW season, I just noticed she cut the mayo and sour crean in half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandmarita said:
I'm going to try and show what the single spice packet looks like. If I cannot do it, I will try to send it to Lisa, and have her try.
Ah-ha! Great idea, I have a hard time reading and visualizing instructions. The pictures are great! Fabulous idea! I want to try to incorporate the March guest special and I don't have business cards so I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thanks so much!

Grandmarita,

Thank you for posting the directions and the pictures. I'm definitely going to have to try this.

I also had to tell you that every time I see your user name, I think of margarita. Mmmmmm!

I got this from either this board or another board. I did not create this.
I also got some little bags from stamp'n up. They are safe for food. I don't remember how many bags but they weren't that much.

Ann Ried

Attachments

• seasoning bags.pdf
    196.3 KB · Views: 725
As a clarification to #19 post, I only use two teaspoons in my Sample, and
that allows me to get 10 to 12 packets from our bottles of Seasonings. It
is strong enough to flavor the 1 cup of each Mayo and Sour cream for the Dill or the Southwestern Seasonings. That is all I use for my own personal consumption, and at parties. When I add up the cost of the bags, cardstock and the seasonings, I figure the cost is about 50 cents each, plus my time. I
frequently give one to each guest, and attach one to the outside orders when I sort them for my hostess', or give her enough to attach them to the orders when she receives the shipment. I mark my outside orders with a (*)
after the name, so that when I print out the order, I will know whose order to add the free Sample to.

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I use Grandmarita because we have 15 grands, and they love cooking with me. I have five with the red aprons and hats on my website.

Absolutely LOVE The visuals!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but make sure the bags you use for this are rated safe for food so you don't make anyone sick!

OK, here's what I came up with (for this month only). Feel free to copy any part of it you may like.

I took the March monthly guest special flyer and folded it in half from top to bottom. Then I folded it into thirds like you would fold a regular sheet of paper (to put in an standard size envelope.) I folded one open end into the other to create a pocket to slip the spice packet into. I snipped off the top left and right corners to create the look of a tag. I used a Stampin' Up! punch to punch a hole through all layers so I could add raffia later. I slipped the spice with the recipe label attached to it into the pocket. I added color coded raffia so I know what spice is in each packet and I also circled the spice on the flyer BEFORE I did the folding so the guest will know what spice it is. On the recipe label I only have enough room for the recipe, not the actual spice name (I used Janice's template and revised it, thanks Janice!). HTH

Attachments

• FoldInHalf.jpg
    FoldInHalf.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 722
  • InThirdsCutEnds.JPG
    InThirdsCutEnds.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 615
  • FoldIntoPocket.jpg
    FoldIntoPocket.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 650
  • SlideInSpice.jpg
    SlideInSpice.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 711
  • FinishedProduct.jpg
    FinishedProduct.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 693
THanks so much...
Grandmarita said:

Thanks so much for sharing, I couldn't visualize it correctly until seen; my mom is very good at visualizing and I am bad until I"ve seen it :)

ALSO THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING!!! I POST REPLIES BEFORE READING :(

Last edited:
The pictures help so much. I am not very good at visualizing either. THanks so much.

Updated with the new spring product # for the spice...hopefully going to create a Southwestern Seasoning one now...

Thanks to whoever the original creator was on the other thread - I like these...

Attachments

• dill bags.pdf
    199.8 KB · Views: 560
Ok, two more - the "from my kitchen to yours is not centered perfectly on this one...it shifted and I couldn't get it back with the font change.

Attachments

• Southwestern.yellow.pdf
    203 KB · Views: 510
  • Southwestern2.pdf
    203 KB · Views: 433
I have to edit these two files again tomorrow - forgot to change the 1.25 oz. to 2.25 oz.

Janet -
These are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

SusanBP0129 said:
Janet -
These are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

I can't take credit for the creation - someone on Chef Success made the originals, someone posted them on another thread and I used it then edited for the Southwestern...

I'll have to look up who originally made them, but thanks to them!!!!
It was great for me who is new and didn't have "prizes" on hand but had a full jar of each seasoning to use and bags and card stock in the house!

Found the original poster - PampChefJoy... Thanks!

She is probably better at editing too!!!!

I LOVE this board! You people are so creative. Guess I'll be adding some spices to an order. Looks like I'm going to be my own best customer.(lol)

Thanks Janet for making new ones. I don't have the full adobe to edit things.

Ann

Lynda,
Just wanted to say Hi. I saw that you are a Stampin' Up
consultant. I do SU! & PC both as well!

You guys are SO awesome! I loved the spice samples and was sad to see them go...I think I will try this after I email HO to bring them back!!

I posted a "Taste of the Tropics" doorhanger template in the flyers/letters section of the forum. This is the template that I use for my spice packets. In the thread I also posted how I put the packets together (what size bag I use, how much spice, etc). Check it out & feel free to use it if you wish!

GrandmaritaI hate to bug you again about this BUT :eek:) I have my season packets made up and was wondering if you have labels documents for the recipes for each one? If so could you attach it? TYIA

If you return to post #14, of this thread, you will see what I use. It is on page one of this thread.

Bump for a recent inquiry...

Thanks Janet! Gives me some great ideas. I never thought about making sure I had food safe bags. I got some at Hobby Lobby but they are jewelry bags. Not for sure if they are safe for food!

I love love love this!!! I gotta go order up on spices :)
Thanks for sharing...

Seasoning mix tagsCan anyone update these mix tags/bags for seasoning mix door prizes? They need current pricing, etc...
Thanks,
Deb Z.

Attachments

• Dill mix seasoning bags.pdf
    196.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Southwestern bags.pdf
    203 KB · Views: 430
Are these documents available anywhere as Word docs? I don't have Adobe to edit them and I'd like to make some for other spices.

zmom58 said:
Can anyone update these mix tags/bags for seasoning mix door prizes? They need current pricing, etc...
Thanks,
Deb Z.

I too would love them updated!! Anyone?? Word would be great too

Bump...anyone??

I came across this thread and now that we can buy the Southwest in bulk I thought more of us would want to use it. I figured you can get about 30 baggies from the bulk package. After paper, ink and seasoning it makes for a very nice under $1 giveaway!!

Here are a couple samples a friend did for me for Haloween - could work for any season, just change the rhyme and the character. CAREFUL - don't ever sell these, and you don't want to get in the way of the PC aesthetic/design. Have them be a freebie or a gift-with-purchase is probably OK.

Attachments

• bat front.jpg
    bat front.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 471
  • monster front.jpg
    monster front.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 500
  • owl front.jpg
    owl front.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 485
  • owl back.jpg
    owl back.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 595
Just remember to make sure the bags are FDA approved for the seasonings and spices

Not all bags are.

:chef:

<h2>1. What is "the" Sample Spice person from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>"The" Sample Spice person is a Pampered Chef consultant who specializes in providing customers with a variety of spice samples to try out in their cooking. This person is knowledgeable about the different spices offered by Pampered Chef and can provide suggestions on how to use them in recipes.</p><h2>2. How do I get in contact with "the" Sample Spice person?</h2><p>You can find a "the" Sample Spice person by attending a Pampered Chef party or by contacting a consultant directly. You can also visit the Pampered Chef website to find a consultant near you.</p><h2>3. How does the spice sample program work?</h2><p>The spice sample program allows customers to try out different spices before committing to purchasing the full-size product. "The" Sample Spice person will provide you with a variety of spice samples to try, and you can then purchase your favorite ones through the consultant or online.</p><h2>4. Can you explain more about the spice sample prizes?</h2><p>The spice sample prizes are part of a promotion offered by Pampered Chef. Customers can earn free spice samples by hosting a party or making a purchase during the designated month. "The" Sample Spice person can provide more details on the specific prizes and how to earn them.</p><h2>5. Is there a picture or more information available about the spice sample program?</h2><p>Yes, you can visit the Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant for more information and potentially see a picture of the spice sample program in action. You can also check out social media pages or blogs from Pampered Chef consultants for more information and visuals.</p>

1. What is "the" Sample Spice person from Pampered Chef?

"The" Sample Spice person is a Pampered Chef consultant who specializes in providing customers with a variety of spice samples to try out in their cooking. This person is knowledgeable about the different spices offered by Pampered Chef and can provide suggestions on how to use them in recipes.

2. How do I get in contact with "the" Sample Spice person?

You can find a "the" Sample Spice person by attending a Pampered Chef party or by contacting a consultant directly. You can also visit the Pampered Chef website to find a consultant near you.

3. How does the spice sample program work?

The spice sample program allows customers to try out different spices before committing to purchasing the full-size product. "The" Sample Spice person will provide you with a variety of spice samples to try, and you can then purchase your favorite ones through the consultant or online.

4. Can you explain more about the spice sample prizes?

The spice sample prizes are part of a promotion offered by Pampered Chef. Customers can earn free spice samples by hosting a party or making a purchase during the designated month. "The" Sample Spice person can provide more details on the specific prizes and how to earn them.

5. Is there a picture or more information available about the spice sample program?

Yes, you can visit the Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant for more information and potentially see a picture of the spice sample program in action. You can also check out social media pages or blogs from Pampered Chef consultants for more information and visuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • wadesgirl