• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tell Me About the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer

In summary, the APCS is a popular and useful kitchen tool that can slice apples into one long "slinky" or rings, slices, and chopped pieces. It works best with firm apples and can also be used for potatoes. Many recommend getting the stand for easier use, and it is a great selling item at parties. Kids love using it too and it can be used for healthier snacks like cinnamon sugar apple slices or homemade gummy worms using the peels. However, it may not work well if the apples are not firm enough.
strasfamily
I am thinking about getting one of these but have not seen it in action yet. How does it slice the apples? Do they come out in one long string or does it actually slice them?

What are the pros and cons of the APCS? Thanks!

I love mine! Especially once they came out with the stand - that is a must add on!

You must use firm apples and if the core is soft it won't work. Works great with potatoes too. Make curly fries in no time.

I love mine, too! It is amazing. I peels and slices. So easy its unbelievable. If you remove the corer, you can use it to peel potatoes, too. I use it frequently. And get the stand, too! I love to make Mom's Apple Crisp.

The APCS was one of the very first PC items I bought. The consultant made a 15 minute French Apple Pie and I KNEW I had to have one!!

I would avoid apple recipes that required peeling and slicing. Now... it's not an issue. I love it!! I also recommend getting the stand. Many tables and countertops don't have the clearance to attach the unit to.

I was just talking to a friend yesterday about the APCS. She asked if it was a good seller for me. Told her of the time I had 8 guests attend a show, made an apple crisp in the microwave. All eight guests bought one!! :D

Love itI love my APCS too! It slices the apple in one long "slinky". :) You can run your knife along one edge to make rings, slice the stack in half for slices, or use the Apple Wedger to make chopped pieces. The apples need to be firm, so I put mine in the fridge for several minutes to make sure they're nice and cold and firm. I love having even slices in my pies and desserts. My daughter thinks it's fun too.

Becca115 said:
I love my APCS too! It slices the apple in one long "slinky". :) You can run your knife along one edge to make rings, slice the stack in half for slices, or use the Apple Wedger to make chopped pieces. The apples need to be firm, so I put mine in the fridge for several minutes to make sure they're nice and cold and firm. I love having even slices in my pies and desserts. My daughter thinks it's fun too.
Thanks for the tip on refrigerating the apple to make sure it's firm! - I never thought of that!!

I also love it ! Before i started selling PC my neighbor would come over with a bag of apples for me to slice up for her.....i convinced her to finally buy one! ;)

My 3 year old did all the apples for an apple crisp tonight. I think he likes it even more than I do.

Your kids will eat the whole apple if you P/C/S them and put it on their finger like a gigantic ring.

Paige Dixon said:
Your kids will eat the whole apple if you P/C/S them and put it on their finger like a gigantic ring.

How cute!!
And if you sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the slices...of course with the Fl/Sugar Shaker!... they'll love eating the apple! Those thin slices are more appealing to kids than even a wedge (Apple Wedger)

It is one of those products that I don't use a lot, until I do a recipe like Apple Crisp... or Taffy Apple Pizza(the BEST!!)... But when I need it, it is MUCH appreciated! I got the APCS in my kit when I signed. My mom had one before I signed.

I made the "Mom's Apple Crisp"(All The Best cookbook) last night, and my daughter (11yr.) did the 3 pound bag of apples.

I've heard you can take the peel strips, dip them in Jello mix(the powder) and bake them... and they turn out like gummy worms...( I don't remember where I heard this, or the exact instructions-you'd have to give it a try) But Wow! What a healthier option than actual gummies!

my brother and i used to eat the "string" of peel all the time. That was the best part. For some reason we slurped it into our mouths and pretended we were sewing machines feeding thread! We were crazy!

I was just going to post this question when I saw your thread!

Question: I tried to use this last night (after years of not using it) and every apple that I used the core was soft. How can I expect a host to buy the right apple? I'm afraid to use it at a show! But I want to make the apple crisp.

I always use COLD apples. It helps.

TinasKitchen said:
Question: I tried to use this last night (after years of not using it) and every apple that I used the core was soft. How can I expect a host to buy the right apple? I'm afraid to use it at a show! But I want to make the apple crisp.

The only way to be absolutely sure you have good apples is to bring them yourself. You know what size, shape, and firmness you need. If your host hasn't used the APCS, you're likely to have to accommodate unsuitable apples. I've found that bagged apples work the best. They're smaller than the loose ones. If they're too big, the core doesn't get removed as well.

However, if your host doesn't get you totally suitable apples..... If the core gets ripped out by the APCS, be sure to have your Ultimate Mandoline on hand!

I had a host one time who bought several apples that got core-stripped while demoing the APCS. Thankfully I'd packed the USG, so I was able to quickly and thinly slice the rest of the apple for the recipe.

Also, when demoing the APCS at a show, I'd highly recommend sticking with a recipe that does NOT require peeling. The peeling part of using the APCS sprays everywhere!

agw said:
Also, when demoing the APCS at a show, I'd highly recommend sticking with a recipe that does NOT require peeling. The peeling part of using the APCS sprays everywhere!

That's my favorite part! LOL I have a plastic bag that I just let it fall into.

AJPratt said:
That's my favorite part! LOL I have a plastic bag that I just let it fall into.

The peel itself isn't the problem. It's the spraying juice that gets me, my counter, my floor.... Do you put the bag over the whole thing?

AJPratt said:
If you remove the corer, you can use it to peel potatoes, too.

I don't remove the corer for potatoes:eek: - I USE the hole.

Stuff it with Cream Cheese, cheese, garlic, butter & herbs - push the potato a little to "fan" it - sprinkle a little Parmesean cheese on top of the potatoe, place in small bar pan (holds 4 nicely) and bake um. YUM!! YUM!!

I have even started to sprinkle the "core" of teh potatoe and bake them as well. My grandson likes his homemade tator tots (no deep frying) that nana makes.

Give it a try:)

I know you can pull the peeler back to not peel apples, but how do you remove the corer? I never even thought of doing that!

Wow, Gina! That sounds REALLY tasty!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I know you can pull the peeler back to not peel apples, but how do you remove the corer? I never even thought of doing that!
There's a wrench that comes with it and you can move it away from where it cuts.

AJPratt said:
There's a wrench that comes with it and you can move it away from where it cuts.
Wrench? What Wrench? I don't remember ever seeing a wrench...do other people have this wrench? I want a wrench! I had no idea you could remove the corer....I was always told to use that hole you get in the potatoes to stuff cheese and bacon into, and then bake them that way:confused:

Related to Tell Me About the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer

What is the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer and how does it work?

The Apple Peeler Slicer Corer is a kitchen tool designed to quickly and easily peel, slice, and core apples. It has a sharp stainless steel blade that can be adjusted to control the thickness of the slices. The apple is placed on the prongs and turned by hand, which causes the blade to spiral down and peel, slice, and core the apple in one motion.

What types of apples can the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer handle?

The Apple Peeler Slicer Corer is designed to work with a variety of apples, including small and large ones. It can also handle other round fruits such as pears and potatoes.

Is the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it in warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

Can the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer be used for other fruits and vegetables?

While the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer is designed for apples, it can also be used on other round fruits and vegetables such as pears, potatoes, and even zucchini. However, it may not work as effectively on harder or larger fruits and vegetables.

What is the best way to store the Apple Peeler Slicer Corer?

To ensure the longevity of your Apple Peeler Slicer Corer, we recommend storing it in a dry place, away from moisture and direct sunlight. You can also keep it in its original packaging or in a protective storage case.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LUVANTIQS