• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

TaxAct.com FAQs: Gross Receipts, Payer's Name, and 1099 Royalties Explained

When entering your income on the tax form, you may come across a question asking for "Business Income - Gross Receipts". This refers to the same amount you entered in the first step for gross receipts, but it is specifically for income that was not reported on a 1099 form. If you did not receive any income that was not reported on a 1099 form, you can leave this box blank and continue with the form.5. For the next section of the 1099 form, you will need to enter the information from the 1099 form itself. This includes the payer's name and address (if requested), as well as the amounts listed in boxes 7 and 3 (if applicable). This is where
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I have a few questions for those who have used taxact.com (pretty simple but not sure how to answer these questions). I really appreciate all your help! I am new this.

What do I do with gross receipts? What do I enter there?

What do I do with Payer’s Name? Do I enter Pampered Chef’s address?

On the 1099 what is considered to be the royalties? Is that how much I earned or do I leave this blank and enter my income earned in the income box?

In the begining of the question area for income it asks for "Business Income - Gross Receipts", but if you'll note, it says "NOT reported to you on 1099-MISC". We don't enter anything in that box. Just hit "Continue".

In the next 1099-MISC question area, it asks for the Payer and address (yes, that's Pampered Chef). Then enter the info from the 1099-MISC. That is where you enter your income from box#7 and info from box #3 (if you have any).

Please tell me that this helped!

Last edited:
1. Gross receipts refer to the total amount of income you received from your business activities. This includes all sales, services rendered, and any other sources of income related to your business. You should enter this amount in the designated box on the tax form.2. Payer's Name refers to the name of the person or entity that paid you the income reported on the 1099 form. If you received income from Pampered Chef, then you would enter their name as the payer. The address is not necessary unless specifically requested on the tax form.3. Royalties refer to any payments you received for the use of your intellectual property, such as patents, copyrights, or trademarks. If you have received any royalties, you should enter the amount in the designated box on the 1099 form. If you did not receive any royalties, you can leave this box blank and report your total income earned in the income box.

Related to TaxAct.com FAQs: Gross Receipts, Payer's Name, and 1099 Royalties Explained

What is Taxact.com?

Taxact.com is an online tax preparation software that allows individuals and small businesses to easily file their taxes. It offers a user-friendly interface, step-by-step guidance, and various tools to help you accurately and efficiently complete your tax return.

How do I get help with Taxact.com?

If you need help with Taxact.com, you can visit their website and click on the "Help Center" tab. Here, you can find answers to frequently asked questions, video tutorials, and access to their customer support team via phone, email, or live chat.

Is there a cost for using Taxact.com?

Yes, there is a cost for using Taxact.com. The price varies depending on the type of tax return you need to file and any additional features you may choose. However, they do offer a free version for simple tax returns.

What types of tax returns can I file with Taxact.com?

Taxact.com supports various types of tax returns, including individual tax returns (Form 1040), small business tax returns (Schedule C), and partnership tax returns (Form 1065). They also offer options for state-specific tax returns.

Is Taxact.com safe and secure?

Yes, Taxact.com takes the security and privacy of their users very seriously. They use industry-standard security measures to protect your personal and financial information. They also have a strict privacy policy that ensures your information is not shared with third parties without your consent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mrshamel3808