• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Cut or Tax Pro? Deciding How to Do Your Taxes - Expert Tips

In summary, a tax question is any question related to taxes, such as filing taxes, deductions, or tax laws. In most cases, income taxes must be paid on earned money, but there are exemptions and deductions that can lower the amount owed. The tax filing deadline is usually April 15th, but can vary. A tax credit directly reduces taxes owed, while a tax deduction reduces taxable income. It is important to keep accurate records for tax purposes and in case of an IRS audit.
schel
Ok...
My DH has done all our taxes in past on Tax Cut. Are we going to be able to do our taxes on TC this year or should we look into getting a tax person?
Schel

If it allows you to add Schedule C. That is what you need for your business.

This is my third "tax year" with PC, and I use Tax Cut. It leads you through it just like everything else. Honestly, for what we as direct sellers need, the Tax Cut Basic is sufficient. HTH!

Is this the same as Turbo Tax? I am thinking of purchasing Turbo Tax since I am tired of paying our accountant $250. Advice? Opinions??

Questions - my own tax questionWhich Business Activity Code do you use for PC? I described my business type as direct sales but do not know which code category to put it under. I hate to call and ask my accountant friend for more free advice he may get tired of it being free! HA!

chefjenibel said:
This is my third "tax year" with PC, and I use Tax Cut. It leads you through it just like everything else. Honestly, for what we as direct sellers need, the Tax Cut Basic is sufficient. HTH!

So, do you get the Tax Cut for businesses?
Schel

Related to Tax Cut or Tax Pro? Deciding How to Do Your Taxes - Expert Tips

What is a tax question?

A tax question is a question related to any aspect of taxes, such as how to file taxes, what deductions to take, or how to understand tax laws.

Do I have to pay taxes on my income?

In most cases, yes. Income taxes are typically paid on any money earned through employment, investments, or other sources of income. However, there are certain exemptions and deductions that may lower the amount of taxes owed.

When is the tax filing deadline?

The tax filing deadline is usually April 15th, but it can vary depending on the year and your specific tax situation. It's important to check with the IRS or a tax professional to make sure you file your taxes on time.

What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?

A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction of the amount of taxes owed, while a tax deduction reduces the amount of income that is subject to taxes. In general, tax credits are more valuable because they directly reduce the amount of taxes owed.

Do I need to keep records for my taxes?

Yes, it is important to keep accurate and organized records of your income and expenses for tax purposes. This can help you properly report your income and claim any deductions or credits you may be eligible for. It's also important to keep records in case of an audit by the IRS.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • DMB75
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • elizabethfox