• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tastefully Simple vs. Beer Bread - What's the Verdict?

Becky's Beer Bread Recipe - All Recipes 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature2 cups sugar3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon salt1 cup light beer1 large egg, beaten1 cup whole milk1 tablespoon vanilla extractBecky's Beer Bread Recipe - All Recipes 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature2 cups sugar3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon salt1 cup light beer1 large egg, beaten1 cup whole milk1 tablespoon vanilla extractAnd here's another one, Martha!Martha's Beer Bread
melissasutkus
I have not had our Beer Bread, and a lot of people keep asking me how it compares to Tastefully Simple... Do you guys like it?

I love it just as much!

It's the same thing. Only ours is less expensive.

Thanks!!!!

I can't really tell that much of a difference ~ they are both really good in my opinion!

In my opinion ours is better. To me Tastefully Simple's is too moist.

I bought some Tastefully Simple and made it side-by-side with ours. I couldn't really tell any difference. I'm sure there are people who would prefer one over the other, but I can honestly say I can't tell a difference.

Thanks for all of the responses! :)

Dissenter here. I like TS's better.

haha.. I actually am not a fan of TS's but I have never had ours. I bake EVERYTHING from scratch, so it tastes artificial to me.. I am going to order PC's to try soon though!

melissasutkus said:
haha.. I actually am not a fan of TS's but I have never had ours. I bake EVERYTHING from scratch, so it tastes artificial to me.. I am going to order PC's to try soon though!

And seriously - there is NO easier recipe than Beer Bread. I've only had it from a mix at shows. I don't buy it. It's 3 ingredients. Self Rising Flour, Beer, and Butter. That's it. Can't imagine paying $9 for the flour.

I have never tried TS's but think ours is pretty good. But I'm a dissenter too and make my beer bread from scratch.

I've thought about trying it, but can't keep the beer in the house long enough! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
And seriously - there is NO easier recipe than Beer Bread. I've only had it from a mix at shows. I don't buy it. It's 3 ingredients. Self Rising Flour, Beer, and Butter. That's it. Can't imagine paying $9 for the flour.

And actually, the butter just goes on top to give you a butter, crispy crust. you don't even have to use the butter if you don't want to. I do, however, put a couple tablespoons of sugar in my beer bread. (-;

The recipe I have calls for 1/2 cup of sugar and it always seems sweet to me, I just thought it was supposed to be that way. I'm going to try it without sugar next time and see how it is.

Okay ladies, care to share your made from scratch recipes....I've never even had beer bread. Not available here with PC and I've never had TS's

I love pc beer bread, and it couldn't be easier, even good with sparkling water flavors!

3 cups self rising flour (or 3 cups flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp salt)
3 Tbsp sugar
12 oz can or bottle of beer (or any carbonated beverage)
1/2 stick melted butter.preheat oven to 375. mix first three ingredients. pour into greased loaf pan. pour melted butter on top. bake for 45-60 minutes, until golden brown on top and done through.

Thanks Becky and Deanna, going to try it tomorrow!

What is Tastefully Simple?

Tastefully Simple is a company that specializes in easy-to-prepare, delicious gourmet food products. Their products include seasonings, sauces, dips, and baking mixes.

What is Beer Bread?

Beer Bread is a type of bread that is made with a combination of beer and a bread mix. It is typically easy to make and has a unique flavor that comes from the beer.

What is the difference between Tastefully Simple and Beer Bread?

The main difference between Tastefully Simple and Beer Bread is that Tastefully Simple offers a variety of gourmet food products, while Beer Bread specifically refers to a type of bread made with beer. Tastefully Simple products also tend to be more versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes, while Beer Bread is typically only used for making bread.

Which one tastes better?

This is subjective and ultimately up to personal preference. Some people may prefer the unique flavor of Beer Bread, while others may prefer the variety of flavors offered by Tastefully Simple products. We recommend trying both and deciding for yourself!

Which one is easier to make?

Both Tastefully Simple and Beer Bread are relatively easy to make. Tastefully Simple products typically require a few additional ingredients and more steps, while Beer Bread only requires beer and a bread mix. However, both options offer a quick and easy way to make delicious food at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becky0216
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • WLMcCoy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
my3angels
  • pctharper