• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beer Bread Mix: Does It Expire?

In summary, the beer bread mix may have an expiration date, but it is not clear if it is still usable after that date.
JR09PCC
I have a question.... Does any one know if the beer bread mix have an expiration date? A lady at one of my shows has had the mix for a while it could be 2 yrs or longer... she wants to know if she can still use it ? .... any help would be great ... I think if its unopened it might be ok ... but for 2 yrs or more i don't know ?

I don't see an expiration date on mine.

The leavening (baking powder) in it might become less effective, but there's nothing in it that would technically expire.

ok Thanks! I'll let her know.

I would maybe contact the home office and ask the question. The reason I say that is because I recently read somewhere that people were getting sick by using expired cake mixes, pancake mixes, Bisquick, etc. Because there is no expiration date on the beer bread it may be okay. I'd just be leary about telling a host that it's okay to use and God forbid - something happen.

Just my thoughts.

Vicky

I believe the mixes people had problems with were ones not enclosed in plastic inside the cardboard, allowing "stuff" to get into the mix.

chefvickyb said:
I would maybe contact the home office and ask the question. The reason I say that is because I recently read somewhere that people were getting sick by using expired cake mixes, pancake mixes, Bisquick, etc. Because there is no expiration date on the beer bread it may be okay. I'd just be leary about telling a host that it's okay to use and God forbid - something happen.

Just my thoughts.

Vicky

This is from mold spores growing in the mixes, which for most people will have no effect, but for the people that died and for my son it can be fatal... My son is severely allergic to mold, so I no longer use box mixes for pancakes and I no longer have Bisquick in my home... and I'm very careful about boxed cake mixes... so that might be something that you might want to mention to her...

I used a box that was about 3 years old and it was really bitter or something. We ended up throwing it out. Even my 6 year old who eats everything refused to eat it.

HTH,
Laura

Thank you all I will let her know.

1. How long does beer bread mix last?

The shelf life of beer bread mix is typically 12-18 months if stored in a cool, dry place. However, for best results, we recommend using the mix within 6 months of purchase.

2. What happens if I use expired beer bread mix?

If the mix is only slightly expired, it may still produce a decent loaf of bread. However, using significantly expired mix can result in a less flavorful or dense bread. We recommend using fresh mix for the best results.

3. Can I freeze beer bread mix to extend its shelf life?

Yes, beer bread mix can be frozen to extend its shelf life. Make sure to tightly seal the mix in an airtight container or plastic bag before freezing. When ready to use, allow the mix to thaw completely before preparing the bread.

4. How can I tell if my beer bread mix has gone bad?

If the mix has a strange odor or has developed clumps, it may have gone bad. Additionally, if the bread does not rise or has a strange taste after baking, the mix may have expired. We recommend checking the expiration date before use.

5. Can I use any type of beer with beer bread mix?

While most types of beer will work with our mix, we recommend using a lighter or medium-bodied beer for the best flavor. Darker or stronger beers may overpower the taste of the bread. Non-alcoholic beer can also be used as a substitute.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • pcjulie