• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taste of the Tropics: Delicious Recipes and Exciting Party Ideas

In summary, the conversation revolved around the excitement for the new tropical-themed recipes and products, with ideas for incorporating leis, Hawaiian music, and themed shirts into the shows. There was also a mention of wanting to earn a cruise through these shows. A recipe for Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes was shared, along with suggestions for sauces to serve with them. Overall, the participants were enthusiastic and looking forward to trying out the new recipes.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I am in LOVE with these recipes (at least, most of them!) and can't wait to use the new products! I was thinking of having leis available for my hosts and guests to wear. Is that cheezy? Maybe even some Hawiian music or something...I dunno. I'm NOT into Hawiian print shirts, but I really want them to get into it and want to have their own show! Thoughts anyone?

I can't find the new recipes - can someone post them?

I was at the party store yesterday and bought a box of 50 leis for my parties. With my screen name you can guess that I was soooooo excited with the new theme....If you remember my old avitar was a flamingo with a chef hat....Fruity mixed drinks for the spring and summer.... and that meatball receipe. I think the music might be too much unless the host wants it.

Sorry, I don't have them typed up yet. I have the recipe cards for the three that are available and I really am excited to see how to do the other 6. Here are the three titles:Jerk Chicken Salad - One Recipe, Two Ways!
Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups
Island Breeze Rum CakeEven hubby was impressed with the cake!

Flamingo said:
I think the music might be too much unless the host wants it.

And it would be one more thing to bring in!

These new recipes are right up my alley! I ALWAYS wear a Hawiian shirt when I do my shows. Quirky, I know...but it works. I even had a guest mention someting about my shirts! Anyway, I think these "Taste of the Tropics" recipes are going to go well! I don't know about the music, doubtful...but I think that the leis are a good idea. Maybe use them as a "throw" instead of chocolate for good questions/responses?!?! Just a thought.

Great I am already NOT confident about rings and easy recipes....please someone help me find something easy to make. For some reason, I a m only getting the desserts. I am hoping these tropical ones I'll get. People will love them in FLORIDA...

Order leis from Oriental Trading--super cheap!

I am working the "island" theme in my shows and mentioning my cruise that I am trying to earn! Earning my cruise one tropical show at a time!!

I think of the Caribbean and the Keys when I think of these recipes - we lived in Grenada for 3 years and I love love love Jerk Chicken! But the leis are a cute idea! They are cheap from Oriental Trading - or at any party store. Raggae music! and Jimmy Buffett! I agree - maybe not at a show but I am sure going to listen to Jimmy while I practice these recipes - and make some Slap Your Mama Margaritas too in the QSP!

That is such a good idea. I think that this will be a way for guest to realize rightaway that this will be a fun night and not a "sales" night.

What a fun idea with the leis! And I get oriental trading magazines about every week. And a great way to remember to talk up earning a trip too:)

Jilleysue said:
Great I am already NOT confident about rings and easy recipes....please someone help me find something easy to make. For some reason, I a m only getting the desserts. I am hoping these tropical ones I'll get. People will love them in FLORIDA...

Here's one I bet you'll love...the only thing is that I find it's better to ad a little more beaten egg to bind it all together...these are a HUGE hit...

Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes

1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
8 oz. cooked shrimp, peeled, chopped
1 TBSP finely chopped gingerroot
¼ cup thinly sliced onions with tops
¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
¼ cup grated carrot
1 lemon
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 egg
2 TSP rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/3 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
¼ TSP ground cayenne pepper

Combine shrimp, gingerroot, green onions, bell peppers, carrot, 1TBSP lemon juice, mayonnaise, egg, rice vinegar, and garlic. Combine bread crumbs and cayenne pepper, then add to shrimp mixture. Sprinkle half of coconut out on a flat surface making a 8-inch square and scoop 16 equal mounds of shrimp mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining coconut and flatten cakes. Bake 18-20 minutes or until coconut is golden brown or sauté on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
Serve with assortment of sauces, i.e. soy sauce, Sweet and Sour Sauce, Duck Sauce, Chinese Mustard Sauce/Thai Curry Sauce (recipes follow)

Chinese Mustard Sauce- Combine ½ mayonnaise, ¼ cup of Chinese Hot Mustard, ¼ sliced green onions with tops.
Thai Curry Sauce-Combine ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 TBSP snipped fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and ½ TSP Thai red curry paste.

Cindycooks said:
- and make some Slap Your Mama Margaritas too in the QSP!

Can you share the recipe for these? :cool:

Slap you Mama Margaritas!Here you go - dont laugh at the recipe - I promise they are the best margaritas you will ever taste - because they are fizzy! I have made them for a couple Jimmy Buffett shows (you can tell I love him!)...

1 can frozen Limeade
1 Limeade can tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
1 Liter bottle 7-up - refrigerate first so it is really cold!
1 lime - squeeze with Citrus Press

Plunge the Limeade, tequila and beer in the 2 qt QSP. Add the 7-up until it is nearly full and the lime juice, plunge again. Put margarita salt in small square - rub rim of glass with lime and dip in the salt - add the margarita.

*Note - these are really strong! At most of my parties - I use the first 3 ingredients but use the gallon QSP....they are plenty strong and you dont have to worry about the guests getting hammered (altho it might increase your sales.....lol!)

You know, I don't usually like the Spring products nearly as well as the Fall, but this time they are great!!! I'm very excited about the products and the recipes. Plus, I think the upcoming hostess specials are awesome ad will really help me get shows (stones, Ultimate Mandoline). Go PC!! But, then again, not happy about the kit changes, no Super Starter, No PC bucks for recruiting, changing from UPS to Fed Ex. I guess it can't be all good!!!

You do get PC$ for recruiting, but you have to wait until you are a director.

Oh really? Well, I've got three active recruits, so two more to go!!!

Did you already get the $50 for the other 3 recruits? If so, you'll get $50 for each other recruit when you become Director.

Yes, I got $50 when each of them qualified.

Great - you'll get another $100 when you become Director! Woohoo!

WOW!! Thanks for the recipe Cindy!! This will get it started!!:D

I too love the Carribean ~ done the DC trip, been to London and I have seen most of the islands ~ BUT ~ I love to cruise. AND I'm told you have never been pampered until PC pampers you... So mon - I'm with you Gillian:cool:

Gillian,

I love IT - Earning my cruise one tropical show at a time!! - you need to add this to your tag or eamils to keep you inspired on getting to your goal!!

I have two past hosts that will certainly wnat to host another tropical show this summer. We had invites alert guests about the "special fun" we were going to have...we encouraged them to all bring the tropical shirt they wish their husbands would NEVER wear again!!! and gave a prize to the ugliest one...great fun...who doesn't like to come to a Hawaiian/tropical party?? I'm looking frowar to wearing Flip Flops and Capris to my shows:cool: :cool: :cool:

The Spring/ Summer KCN is available online. You can see all the new products, new recruit promotions and Taste of the Tropics. Kristi

How the heck do you tell when a mango is ripe - I want to make the Island Rum cake I want those torte pans

It will feel slightly soft to touch - like you tell if a peach is ripe. When my girls were little, we were stationed in Grenada. We had mangoes growing on a tree in our yard! They grew up on them!

Related to Taste of the Tropics: Delicious Recipes and Exciting Party Ideas

1. What is included in the "Taste of the Tropics" set?

The "Taste of the Tropics" set includes a pineapple slicer, mango slicer, citrus peeler, pineapple corer, and a recipe book featuring tropical-inspired dishes.

2. Is the "Taste of the Tropics" set dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the tools in the "Taste of the Tropics" set are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use the pineapple and mango slicers for other fruits?

While the pineapple and mango slicers are specifically designed for those fruits, you can also use them for other similar-sized fruits such as papaya or cantaloupe.

4. Is the "Taste of the Tropics" set covered by a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty for manufacturer defects.

5. Are there any recommended recipes to try with the "Taste of the Tropics" set?

Yes, the accompanying recipe book features a variety of delicious tropical-inspired dishes such as pineapple salsa, mango smoothies, and citrus-infused chicken. You can also find more recipes on our website or through our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • JennyJennJen