• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking Care of 15-Year-Olds: Any Advice?

In summary, the niece's parents are not around and she is going to spend the night with her 15-year-old nephews. She is nervous but the boys are normal. She has wine and is looking forward to spending time alone.
finley1991
I'm leaving in 1/2 hour to spend the night with my 15-year-old nephews while their parents are away for the night. I'm only used to watching ones that are 8 and under... any advice or warnings for me? :angel:

Take wine with you.:devil:

(BUT DON'T SHARE IT!)

Prepare to spend alot of time alone! :)
hee-hee.
I would check with parents about bedtimes, computer time etc.
Then let them guide you.
Good luck!

The parents are pretty hands-off... so we'll see. I just suddenly got a little nervous. But they are both at football practice right now so I'm hoping they'll be really tired tonight!Plus, I have plenty to do so it will be fine... I hope.And yes... I have wine! For me!Thanks for your help!

Jimmy Buffet (not Warren) says bury them until their adults and then dig them back up and you will do fine! I think the wine is the best suggestion, but don't let them drink too much (hee-hee):devil:

This might sound awful, but just remember that's the age that you are completely ignorant and they have life completely figured out. LOL! So, don't be naive or gullible. (I have a 17 year old step-son and a blind soon-to-be ex-husband.)

Yes...I have a son that is 18 but he was far more knowledgable about life and knew so much more than I did (same went for Dad too) Since he has been growing towards being on his own a little, we are getting a little smarter!

They may be fine too...my son was always "such a nice kid" around others. They usually save the smart a$$ed remarks, etc. for their parents!!:grumpy:

Well I am certainly getting an education! I think the funniest thing that has happened is that we are sitting here at the kitchen table... one is doing homework and the other is downloading music and every few minutes their phones go off with text messages. I asked them why they keep texting their girlfriends back and forth instead of just calling them and my one nephew responds with, "If I text her a lot, then it makes the actual phone call that much more special." GOOD LORD!!!!! Does that seriously make sense in his brain? :eek:

I will say though that I have had a lot of good laughs tonight. Can't wait to go to bed!

Yup...they are normal!!! My son was at the dentist. After the hygenist was done cleaning his teeth, I went in to the room with him while he waited for the dentist to come and do his check. He texted constantly and carried on "conversations" with several of his friends.

In order to keep in touch with him, I text him too. It is very strange to go to where there are several teens and see them all "engaged" with this little machine in hand. It makes you realize that there is a whole new generation out there!

Honestly, if they are 15 they will spend the majority of their time

1) in their room and/or
2) on the phone....

So bring a book!

Actually I was quite surprised that they hung out with me all night. I guess I am the "cool" aunt! ;)Now I'm waiting... one is up and getting ready to go to school... I think the other is still sleeping. Already woke him up twice!I have so much respect for parents!!!!!

They sound like great boys and I am glad they hung out with you.

Sounds like they didn't give you a hard time at all. Like I say, they usually save the bad stuff for the parents!!:eek:

baychef said:
They sound like great boys and I am glad they hung out with you.

Sounds like they didn't give you a hard time at all. Like I say, they usually save the bad stuff for the parents!!:eek:

OMG! They were so good for me!!!! I am very lucky that they like me!!! But then again, they are generally pretty good but I know they can give their mom a hard time! (of course!)

Their dad just called and was talking to me about all this other stuff and I finally asked him if he wanted to know how it went. He laughed because he knew everything would be fine... like i said, they are kind of hands-off parents!

It was fun but I am tired today... I don't sleep well in strange places!

Well, it is stressful too knowing you are responsible for someone else's children. Glad it went well for you!

1. Can 15-year-olds use Pampered Chef products?

Yes, 15-year-olds can use Pampered Chef products with adult supervision. Our products are safe for all ages, but we recommend adult supervision for younger users.

2. What are some easy recipes for 15-year-olds to make with Pampered Chef products?

We have a variety of simple and delicious recipes that 15-year-olds can make with our products. Some popular options include our Veggie Quesadillas, Mini Deep Dish Pizzas, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.

3. Are there any special discounts for 15-year-olds who want to purchase Pampered Chef products?

Unfortunately, we do not offer any specific discounts for 15-year-olds. However, we do have occasional sales and promotions that anyone can take advantage of.

4. Can 15-year-olds become Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, 15-year-olds can become Pampered Chef consultants with parental consent. They must also have a valid Social Security number and be able to attend training and events with their parent or guardian.

5. Is there a minimum age requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, the minimum age requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef party is 18 years old. However, 15-year-olds can assist their parent or guardian in hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies