• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprising Stain: Customer's Bowl Comes Out Pink!

In summary, some people have had their dishes turn pink after using the colander bowl for the first time. The stains won't come out and it's unclear what caused the color change. Some people have speculated that it could be caused by the rinse agent, and others have said that it may have been caused by food residue. All of these things can be exchanged as long as it's under the warranty period.
DeeDee616
Just had a costomer email me saying she used the colander bowl fo rthe first itme yesterday and put it in the dish washer and it came out pink! And they had nothing pink or red in there and the stain won't come out now! Anyone else had this happen?
Its within her 30days so it won't be a problem gettign a new one i hope, i've already put through an adjustment. just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

No experience with the colander, but my Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup & Spoon turn pink on me, and I don't even put them in the dishwasher. I wonder what causes that. It's not a vibrant pink, but there is definitely a pink hue to them now. I wonder what causes that to happen. I would guess it would have to be a chemical reaction with the plastic, but I don't know... Anyone else have any ideas?

Tammy

What did she use for rinse agent in the dishwasher? When I used an orange rinse agent in my dishwasher, the handle of my scraper turned orange. I started using the clear stuff. I have tried the red Jet Dry, and nothing has turned pink.

I had a lid on a chillzane bowl turn pink on me too. I just thought that maybe a cup had some kool aid in it that turned it. Now I'm wondering why it really turned

My easy adjustable measuring spoon and cup did as well. Hmmm...
God bless,
Amanda

My Handy Scraper did. Is that something that we can get an exchange for?

IAmChefJ said:
My Handy Scraper did. Is that something that we can get an exchange for?
All of these things can be exchanged as long as it's under the warranty period!

Weird...never had it happen, but I have not washed any of these things in the DW, nor do I own the new coll/bowl set (I like the old ones better);)

she can return it if she wants. Did she try soaking it in bleach? Most likely there was some sort of food residue in the dishwasher...strawberries, kool-aid, etc. When my stuff gets a colored tint of any kind...from chopping tomatoes, etc...I just soak it in the sink with bleach water.

OH MY GOSH!! That happened to me, too. I didn't have anything red in there either, and I use the Cacade Completes (blue). I tried bleaching it but it didn't help. Mine's just for home, so I didn't do anything about it, but if I were your customer I'd return it.

1. How do I remove the pink stain from my bowl?

The best way to remove the pink stain is to mix equal parts baking soda and white vinegar to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing it with a soft sponge. Rinse the bowl thoroughly with warm water and repeat the process if necessary.

2. Will the pink stain affect the functionality of my bowl?

No, the pink stain is purely cosmetic and will not affect the functionality of your bowl. It is safe to continue using the bowl for cooking and serving food.

3. Why did my bowl come out pink after use?

The pink stain is caused by a reaction between the acidity of certain foods (such as tomatoes or citrus fruits) and the material of the bowl. This reaction can also be intensified by using hot water or leaving the food in the bowl for an extended period of time.

4. Can I prevent my bowl from getting stained in the future?

Yes, you can prevent the pink stain by avoiding acidic foods, using cold or warm water to wash the bowl, and not leaving food in the bowl for a long time. You can also try coating the inside of the bowl with a thin layer of cooking oil before use.

5. Are there any other methods to remove the pink stain?

Yes, you can also try using a paste made of cream of tartar and water, or a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Let the paste sit on the stain for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. If the stain persists, you can also try soaking the bowl in a solution of equal parts water and bleach for a few hours before washing it as usual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Shannen