• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surge in Website Traffic: An Observation of Recent Visitor Numbers

In summary, Erin and Cathy have noticed an increase in visitors, and they think it might be because people are coming for information about the beginning of the month. They also mention that the high number of visitors might be because of the new registration period. There has been a discussion about opening the site up to non-members, and Erin and Cathy have come to the conclusion that it is priceless and should be private. They also agree that the $5 membership is worth it for all the valuable information and support that is included.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Anyone else notice the high number of visitors we've had lately? A few minutes ago there were 111 people here and only 25 were members. The other night there were almost 200 and only 52 were members.....what's up?

Maybe one of us has a fan club?

pamperedlinda said:
Anyone else notice the high number of visitors we've had lately? A few minutes ago there were 111 people here and only 25 were members. The other night there were almost 200 and only 52 were members.....what's up?
I've noticed that too - I wondered if it was people who know that this where to go for info at the beginning of the month, and also because of registration opening up - they want the scoop, but without paying the $5!

Actually, I have had one of those guests contact me for information on becoming a consultant!
We have spoken twice and tomorrow, I am dropping off some more information!

Ya just never know......

I had someone contact me who admitted she wasn't a "member" (but that she was a consultant), asking me to email her all of the items I attached to a thread a few days ago. I ignored her. Pay your $5 and get everything here! I share those things for Chef Success members, not just anyone, right?!

So I take it we are back to non-members being able to see entire posts - not just the first 2 lines....

Just wondering.

Personally I think this site should be private. But I am sure that would open up another can of worms...

Way to go Erin and Cathy, I agree. $5 isn't much for all the VALUABLE information here.

janetupnorth said:
Way to go Erin and Cathy, I agree. $5 isn't much for all the VALUABLE information here.
Heck no - this site is priceless!!!

Does anyone have recipes typed up for the deluxe Mini-Muffin pan?

vwpamperedchef said:
Personally I think this site should be private. But I am sure that would open up another can of worms...
Wait a minute...it was private not long ago. This discussion is like deja vu all over again.

When did it get opened up again?

Greg?

kearstin said:
Heck no - this site is priceless!!!

I too have to agree this site is priceless, i have recieved so many good ideas from this site.

I agree - this was the best money I have spent for my business!!

ChefDella said:
I too have to agree this site is priceless, i have recieved so many good ideas from this site.

I agree-good ideas and awesome support!

I just went to another one of my computers that I haven't used to log onto chef success with & it let me read this entire post. So yes it is open to read without paying the $5.

Well if they can read the entire post and they aren't consultants, then they are getting a lot of info that only consultants should know about.

cally said:
Go to the Recipe forum and look in there.... there should be a thread in there for Recipes by Product and then look for it.... If you don't find it, start a thread in there and ask. I'm SURE someone will have that info for you!!
Good luck!;) :)

As a new member here, before I signed up you could see what others posted, but you couldn't download anything or see new posts. I, personally have learned SO MUCH from ALL of you and I can not WAIT to share ideas that I have once I get them. To be honest, $5.00 is NOTHING to learn the things I've learned. I have all my 4 shows booked before my 30 days and I'm hoping to put my input into ideas since I have received so much from you guys. I can already tell there is a "family" type here and I can't wait to get to know you more :)

Thats my .2 cents LOL

janetupnorth said:

And it isn't much for all the support, laughs, encouragment and friendships, either! Plus, this site comes with KG and ChefAnn- totally worth the $5.00!

This site is priceless :) and it should be private. I agree that only a few lines should be able to be viewed. Or something like..... they can view the site for a certain amount of time and then they are blocked until they pay their membership. That is only fair to us that pay! Plus we do discuss stuff that is only intended for us consultants... just like a lot of the stuff PC puts out.... it says that it's intended for use by consultants only.
I think they have a right to check us out before they sign up but it should be limited. More limited than it is. Especially with some of the subjects we've discussed.... like Paige :(
KWIM?

cally said:

I borrowed this :blushing:

As for the site ~ I think that $5 is SO reasonable for all the knowledge and sharing that goes on...

Attachments

• Mini muffin pan recipe book.doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 285
When I signed up, just a couple of months ago, I thought I couldn't see anything but the first couple of lines per post until I coughed up my $5... So has this changed? Or am I remembering wrong??

jbachen said:
When I signed up, just a couple of months ago, I thought I couldn't see anything but the first couple of lines per post until I coughed up my $5... So has this changed? Or am I remembering wrong??

There are people that signed up almost 3 years ago, that just lurk, and read posts and get info, and don't post or have posted under 20 posts. I think it goes back and forth as to if you can only see two lines, or if you can read posts, but you just can't post yourself. When I joined, I believe I could only read the first two lines, but I paid my $5.00 the same day I wanted to join. I didn't lurk for very long- It was love at first site!
facehearts.gif

Kitchen Diva said:
There are people that signed up almost 3 years ago, that just lurk, and read posts and get info, and don't post or have posted under 20 posts. I think it goes back and forth as to if you can only see two lines, or if you can read posts, but you just can't post yourself. When I joined, I believe I could only read the first two lines, but I paid my $5.00 the same day I wanted to join. I didn't lurk for very long- It was love at first site!
facehearts.gif
ooohhh.... I love that smiley Kacey!!!:love: :D ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wait a minute...it was private not long ago. This discussion is like deja vu all over again.

When did it get opened up again?

Greg?
Last time we talked about this I said we'd waiver between the two settings. I'll set it to 2 lines again, but next month I'll switch it back. I've been doing this for over a year now.

Last edited:
Hi Greg.... I am just curious, as I was not in on the previous discussions - why go back and forth? What is the benefit? TIA!

jbachen said:
Hi Greg.... I am just curious, as I was not in on the previous discussions - why go back and forth? What is the benefit? TIA!

With two lines google tanks all pages indexed because of all the repetitive phrasing. Without good google indexing no one will find chefsuccess.

Oh! That makes sense. I was wondering if it was like drugs - your first dose is free... then you have to pay for more. So you would see it free for a month to get you hooked, then suddenly it would go away and you would have to pay your $5 to get it back! :)

Of course, I got hooked during one of the private months, so I guess I am an oddity...:blushing:

Thanks for letting us know the reasoning behind the madness :)

Admin Greg said:
Last time we talked about this I said we'd waiver between the two settings. I'll set it to 2 lines again, but next month I'll switch it back. I've been doing this for over a year now.
Well, gee, we're all right on top of things, aren't we?

2-3.gif

This site is the best investment I've made for my business. I would be lost without the knowledge, fun, and ideas I find here.

This site has been a great investment!!! I've learned a lot with the help of everyone here. ;)

MEMO

To: All visitors

-------------------------------

Please register and PAY THE FIVE BUCKS ALREADY, WILL YA?

And for goodness sake...consider (and I just mean consider) being a Gold Member (not like the Austin Powers movie!!)
It is $20 and there are perks such as no annoying ads. With the amount of information this site has, it is well worth the investment!
This site has brought me more that $20 worth of business a year. And where else can you pay such a little amount to have hundreds of friends and people who will talk to you (unless KG has his iggy list in full swing!!):D

baychef said:
And for goodness sake...consider (and I just mean consider) being a Gold Member (not like the Austin Powers movie!!)
It is $20 and there are perks such as no annoying ads. With the amount of information this site has, it is well worth the investment!
This site has brought me more that $20 worth of business a year. And where else can you pay such a little amount to have hundreds of friends and people who will talk to you (unless KG has his iggy list in full swing!!):D

Oh is that what my gold buys...no ads? I just thought I got the cool gold member thingy......
All laughs aside..I love this site and my virtual cluster!

Where are the ads?

HELLO People~ Isn't it a tax write off as well? :D

I don't have any ads either?? (Not that I want them.)

I lurked for a while without signing up ... actually checked it out a lot when I was mulling the opportunity ... I didn't think you COULD sign up unless you were an actual consultant. And besides, why would I pay to download flyers I might not use unless I were a consultant?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
MEMO

To: All visitors

-------------------------------

Please register and PAY THE FIVE BUCKS ALREADY, WILL YA?

Curmudgeon - now there's a word you don't see everyday.

I love the books - The Cat and The Curmudgeon, The Cat Who Came For Christmas, and The Best Cat Ever.

Your post just made me think of those - I'll have to go pull them out and read them again - except The Best Cat Ever makes me cry....

erinyourpclady said:
Oh is that what my gold buys...no ads? I just thought I got the cool gold member thingy......
All laughs aside..I love this site and my virtual cluster!
Gold status gets you the nifty bars, more PM storage, and the ability to surf in stealth mode.

chefann said:
Gold status gets you the nifty bars, more PM storage, and the ability to surf in stealth mode.

stealth............me thinks that takes more then I got...lol
I mean I just learned about the iggy list! LOL!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Curmudgeon - now there's a word you don't see everyday.

I love the books - The Cat and The Curmudgeon, The Cat Who Came For Christmas, and The Best Cat Ever.

Your post just made me think of those - I'll have to go pull them out and read them again - except The Best Cat Ever makes me cry....
We call my FIL the Curmudgeon.....very fittingly so

I am new to pc and to this site, my director told me about it, I signed immediatley, I mean why not I feel I got my money back on the first viewing! Where else can you go and get all your questions, concerns and great tips all at once! From a newbie point, no reason not to pay the benefit is overwelming I would spend 5.00 worth of my time in one sitting trying to even get a fraction of what I can get of here.

Thank you all so much great information, support and advice! I love this site....

Not to mention, the cover charge at the comedy club is a lot more and you don't get the humor and drama that you get here.If you don't know what a curmudgeon is, go watch Jeff Dunham and Walter. http://www.jeffdunham.com/images/topheader_walter.jpg

how do you even know if someone visited that wasn't a member.
Before I signed up I could only view one post.

On the front page, it reports this morning that there are 90 people online;
40 members and 50 guests. It's over on the right side, where it lists the names of the users who are online right now.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not to mention, the cover charge at the comedy club is a lot more and you don't get the humor and drama that you get here.

If you don't know what a curmudgeon is, go watch Jeff Dunham and Walter.

http://www.jeffdunham.com/images/topheader_walter.jpg
DH & I love Jeff Dunham!
It is interesting, all the visitors...I must say, I do prefer when they can only read the first 2 lines...

lacychef said:
DH & I love Jeff Dunham!
It is interesting, all the visitors...I must say, I do prefer when they can only read the first 2 lines...

We love Jeff Dunham too. You need to watch him with Achmed. Hilarous! :D

"I'm a terrifying terrorist."

Only thing that bugs me about only 2 lines being visible is that I TELL stupid home puter to keep me signed in, and sometimes it is stubborn and doesn't listen!

I personally appreciated that I could view posts without signing in ... some days I just don't feel like logging in, and it took some time for my membership to become effective. And meanwhile, before I signed up, I needed to know whether this was a community I wanted to be a part of.

There. My word in defense of the visitors ... ahem ... FUTURE MEMBERS for the day!

heather223 said:
We love Jeff Dunham too. You need to watch him with Achmed. Hilarous! :D

In the words of Walter -- "D**n terrorists...BOOM!....bet you can't do that again!"

<h2>1. What could be causing the surge in website traffic?</h2><p>There are a few possible reasons for the increase in website traffic. It could be due to a recent marketing campaign, a popular product launch, or increased visibility on search engines. It's also possible that there has been an influx of new customers, resulting in more non-member visitors.</p><h2>2. Is this level of website traffic normal for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>While we do experience fluctuations in website traffic, a sudden and significant increase like this is not typical for Pampered Chef. We are constantly monitoring and analyzing our website traffic to ensure that our servers can handle the load and provide a smooth browsing experience for all visitors.</p><h2>3. Should we be concerned about the high number of non-member visitors?</h2><p>While it's always great to have new visitors on our website, we do prioritize converting them into members. Our goal is to provide valuable content and products to our members, and we encourage non-members to sign up for an account to take advantage of all that Pampered Chef has to offer.</p><h2>4. How can we make the most of this surge in website traffic?</h2><p>This is a great opportunity for us to showcase our products and services to a larger audience. We recommend ensuring that our website is up-to-date, user-friendly, and visually appealing to make a lasting impression on our visitors. We can also consider running special promotions or offers to entice non-members to join our community.</p><h2>5. Will the high number of visitors have any impact on the website's performance?</h2><p>Our team is constantly monitoring our website's performance and making necessary adjustments to handle any increase in traffic. We have a robust infrastructure in place to ensure that our website can handle a large number of visitors without any issues. However, if you do experience any technical difficulties, please reach out to our customer support team for assistance.</p>

1. What could be causing the surge in website traffic?

There are a few possible reasons for the increase in website traffic. It could be due to a recent marketing campaign, a popular product launch, or increased visibility on search engines. It's also possible that there has been an influx of new customers, resulting in more non-member visitors.

2. Is this level of website traffic normal for Pampered Chef?

While we do experience fluctuations in website traffic, a sudden and significant increase like this is not typical for Pampered Chef. We are constantly monitoring and analyzing our website traffic to ensure that our servers can handle the load and provide a smooth browsing experience for all visitors.

3. Should we be concerned about the high number of non-member visitors?

While it's always great to have new visitors on our website, we do prioritize converting them into members. Our goal is to provide valuable content and products to our members, and we encourage non-members to sign up for an account to take advantage of all that Pampered Chef has to offer.

4. How can we make the most of this surge in website traffic?

This is a great opportunity for us to showcase our products and services to a larger audience. We recommend ensuring that our website is up-to-date, user-friendly, and visually appealing to make a lasting impression on our visitors. We can also consider running special promotions or offers to entice non-members to join our community.

5. Will the high number of visitors have any impact on the website's performance?

Our team is constantly monitoring our website's performance and making necessary adjustments to handle any increase in traffic. We have a robust infrastructure in place to ensure that our website can handle a large number of visitors without any issues. However, if you do experience any technical difficulties, please reach out to our customer support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies