• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Support Our Local Food Bank: Nov & Dec Donation Drive

In summary, the local food bank could use volunteers to collect canned food at the end of the month in order to raise money to support their cause. This could be done as a promotion at a show or by calling the food bank and asking when their need is the greatest. Additionally, a list of canned food items that could be donated could be included in order to make it easier for people to bring food to a show.
lockhartkitchen
I'd like to help support our local food bank in the months of Nov. and Dec. Has anyone else thought about this? Guests bring canned food, at the end of the month, maybe the host with the most cans collected wins something? I thought of maybe even bring a scale and weighing the amounts. Also, I'm doing the biggest loser at my gym again. For every pound I lose, I'm donating a pound of food.

Round Up Your Order

$1=20 pounds of food

I'm thinking personally, I'm going to donate $1 for every pound I lose. I'm going to present this at our opening meeting this week and challenge the women too! Imagine how many pounds of food could be donated!!

Weight Watchers is doing something like this~for each pound I lose in a four week period, WW will match it with food and donate to the food bank. I love the idea of guests bringing canned goods to a show~you could easily have a little drawing to give away a prize~put the names of the guests that brought food into the drawing and give away a recipe card!

I was the Director for our local food bank a few years ago and I found out that the holiday months are usually NOT the ones that the food bank really needs food and volunteers~it is after the new year when people tend to forget others in need. Maybe you could call your food bank and find out when their need is the biggest and do this promo then.

What great ideas! I have been promoting rounding up to the heart more lately and at my last show collected over $18 for this (added to the orders).

chefmeg said:
Weight Watchers is doing something like this~for each pound I lose in a four week period, WW will match it with food and donate to the food bank. I love the idea of guests bringing canned goods to a show~you could easily have a little drawing to give away a prize~put the names of the guests that brought food into the drawing and give away a recipe card!

I was the Director for our local food bank a few years ago and I found out that the holiday months are usually NOT the ones that the food bank really needs food and volunteers~it is after the new year when people tend to forget others in need. Maybe you could call your food bank and find out when their need is the biggest and do this promo then.

You are absolutely right! I'm looking at doing this several times throughout the year. I didn't know WW did this. That is great!

One suggestion ... if you are going to have people donate food ... maybe make it specifically geared toward holiday foods, like canned pumpkin, yams, boxed stuffing, instant potatoes and cream soups. In my experience as a food bank volunteer, canned foods are plentiful ... season-specific foods are not. Also, it helps agencies a great deal to receive one whole box of similar items, rather than a hodge-podge. When everybody gets the same thing, they're less likely to complain.

I was just at our food bank and asked the director when they find they need the most help and he said definitely starting in April. From that late Springtime til September when school starts up again is their lean time and they REALLY need donations then.

Good to know. I think I'll include a typed list of items to donate, so we can have complete meals for the holidays.

What is the "Support Our Local Food Bank: Nov & Dec Donation Drive"?

The "Support Our Local Food Bank: Nov & Dec Donation Drive" is a donation drive organized by Pampered Chef to support local food banks during the months of November and December.

How can I participate in the donation drive?

To participate in the donation drive, you can donate non-perishable food items or make a monetary donation. You can also host a virtual or in-person fundraiser to raise funds for the food bank.

Which food banks will be receiving the donations?

The donations from the "Support Our Local Food Bank: Nov & Dec Donation Drive" will be distributed to various local food banks across the country. You can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant to find out which food banks they will be supporting.

Can I make a donation directly to the food bank instead of through Pampered Chef?

While we encourage donations through Pampered Chef, you can also make a donation directly to your local food bank. However, please note that donations made through Pampered Chef will be matched by the company.

How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant to make a donation?

You can find a Pampered Chef consultant in your area by visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" feature. You can also reach out to us through our social media channels for assistance in finding a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • pamperedpnina