• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for Dress up Dresses...

In summary, people seem happy with either the site or brand that they found on Ebay. It is important that the dress be floor length and princesses do have gowns.
Jules711
Silver Member
I'm looking to purchase some dress-up dresses for my DD's birthday. I was wondering if anyone has been thrilled or disappointed by any certain brands/sites. I'm looking online since most in stores near here are not great (Wal-mart, Toys R Us). She LOVES when they are full length.

Any suggestions (or warnings :p) are welcome. Thank you!!

I am looking to by my DD a Belle dress for disneyland and I found a site on Ebay and they look pretty good and resonably priced they are from my dress up trunk. Also my friends sister bought my daughter some play dresses from JcPenny's it came in a little heart box, had cinderella, sleeping beauty, and snow white and 1 accesory for each dress they have held up pretty well also.

The one you found on ebay is actually the "brand" I guess that I was looking at. It's on littledressupshop.com though. It seems to be the same dresses on all of the sites. It's VERY important that they are floor length. Makes sense b/c princesses do have gowns :) Thank you for the input. I'm just hoping these dresses are as good as they say.

If you get it let me know how good it is. The ones from Penny's is floor length. Also I read through the reviews and people seem pretty happy with those dresses.

Goodwill is a great place for "play" dresses. If you want good quality/durability, check with local bridal shops to see if they have unsold flower girl dresses...

the best dress up dresses my daughter ever had were actually prom dresses and bridesmaid dresses that I had stored away from when I was younger. My mom cut them down a bit and rehemmed them. My DD is now 15 but those dresses were always here favorite thing to play with for a long, long time. When my son was born and started toddling along after her, she would dress him up in them too! It was a great way to recycle the dresses.
Melinda

janetupnorth said:
Goodwill is a great place for "play" dresses. If you want good quality/durability, check with local bridal shops to see if they have unsold flower girl dresses...

This was going to be my suggestion, almost verbatim...

One year I went to Target the day after Halloween and picked up almost all the princess dresses at 1/2 price (I purchased the deluxe ones) for my daughter and she got them all for Christmas. Also Disney online has great deals after Halloween too. I ordered several last year and they have held up really well.

It really depends on how much you want to spend. I have gotten all ours from yard sales and 2nd hand shops.

melindag said:
the best dress up dresses my daughter ever had were actually prom dresses and bridesmaid dresses that I had stored away from when I was younger. My mom cut them down a bit and rehemmed them. My DD is now 15 but those dresses were always here favorite thing to play with for a long, long time. When my son was born and started toddling along after her, she would dress him up in them too! It was a great way to recycle the dresses.
Melinda

I sent all the bridesmaid dresses in my closet to my sister for my nieces to play in. And my wedding dress (I'm not gonna need it again!). My sister ended up cutting apart my wedding dress to make a first communion dress for my niece, who is also my Goddaughter.

Those real dresses are almost definitely better fabric and construction than play dresses, and will therefore last longer. Check with your friends to see if they have any hanging unused in their closets, or look at a secondhand store.

that's a good idea about bridal shops! I want something that will hold up b/c she will wear them EVERYDAY if I let her. I don't mind spending a little more, esp b/c of that fact. It's her birthday gift and will be a definitely well used one (always nice if you KNOW that for a fact). :) Thanks for the suggestions!!

That is how I know how VERY VERY excited she'd be. She'll only 5 so wearing a "real" full dress isn't likely but I let her wear just the underskirt from my wedding dress and my veil and she was so very happy. I got rid of bridemaid dresses and such a long time ago, but that is definitely an idea. I would LOVE to make them for her, but I don't have a lot of sewing experience and it seems like an undertaking. My mom does, but even with pattern in hand for almost a year nothing has happened...I guess her life is busy too...go figure!

The other advantage to adult dresses is that you can pin them up/in, so they fit her now, but will still fit in several years, if she's still playing dress up then.

DD had a dress up party last year... we went to thrift stores and Goodwill and got all we needed including shoes... didn't spend a lot and she's got dress up dresses for life though i did go for things in either petite sizes or lengths just to keep fabric from being dragged around and tripped over. DD loves her dress up dresses... the fun part was going out and picking them out with her.

***Heavy Sigh***

Since I have a boy who has no interest in dressing up - in fact I have a hard time keeping clothes on him, he's stripped down to his underwear again right now! - well, I'll have no opportunity to ever get to go shopping for "dress-up" clothes and playing dress-up.:cry:

I'm really not complaining - I LOVE my little guy ferociously! Just no dress-up for me....but hey - he just asked me to play Hi-Ho Cherry-O - so that's fun too!

My nieces from Milwaukee are in town right now, Becky. Want to come over and play?

ChefBeckyD said:
***Heavy Sigh***

Since I have a boy who has no interest in dressing up - in fact I have a hard time keeping clothes on him, he's stripped down to his underwear again right now! - well, I'll have no opportunity to ever get to go shopping for "dress-up" clothes and playing dress-up.:cry:

I'm really not complaining - I LOVE my little guy ferociously! Just no dress-up for me....but hey - he just asked me to play Hi-Ho Cherry-O - so that's fun too!

Oh, we soooo have to get the boys together some day. Kyle asks me almost nightly if he can take off his shirt and shorts (he likes running around in his undies in the summer in the house).

Of course, I don't get asked to play Hi-Ho Cherry O - Sammie is addicted to Trivial Pursuit - the ORIGINAL version. I got it at Goodwill for $2.00. She was tied with me at 2 pies the other night - the stinker!

I need to find the kids version/boxes of cards before I get my butt kicked by her!

ChefBeckyD said:
***Heavy Sigh***

You can come play with us! I have two nieces that are 1 and 3. They are so sweet and SO much fun. Ella, the 3 year old, is more of a tom-boy but I think Malena (1 yo) is going to be a girly girl. :)

My favorite for girls dresses was Storybook Heirlooms. Unfortunately it looks like they are out of business. I got my daughters many dresses there and they were so worth the money. The original owner was great. They sold for a few years and people had problems. The org. owner took over again, but it looks like they didn't make it.

The other company for kids clothes I love is Heartstrings/Kitestrings. They have very good quality and beautiful clothes.

That is SO not true about boys. It's just not dresses. But there are costumes like doctor, police, firefighter, etc to do. That can be fun...just not frilly. My daughter will only be in fluffier clothes when I get something b/c she's IN dresses everyday. I shop around easter when they are all 50% off.

do you have a big lots I saw the disney chest and accessories there about a month ago

nope...nothing like that. Closest is Sam's Club. Again...I want to have something that is easy for her to do herself and that will last through several changes. I'm excited for her. I wish there were better thrift stores around here, but really there aren't too many for her size anyway. Much easier when she was younger.

Related to Suggestions for Dress up Dresses...

1. What kind of fabric are the dress up dresses made of?

The dress up dresses from Pampered Chef are made from high-quality, durable fabrics such as cotton, polyester, and spandex. This ensures that they are comfortable to wear and can withstand frequent use.

2. Are the dress up dresses machine washable?

Yes, our dress up dresses are machine washable for easy care and maintenance. We recommend washing them on a gentle cycle with cold water and hanging them to dry to preserve their quality.

3. Do you offer different sizes for the dress up dresses?

Yes, our dress up dresses come in a range of sizes from small to extra-large. We also offer a size chart to help you find the perfect fit for your body type.

4. Can I wear the dress up dresses for special occasions?

Absolutely! Our dress up dresses are versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. They are perfect for weddings, parties, or even a fancy dinner out.

5. What kind of accessories would you recommend for the dress up dresses?

We recommend pairing our dress up dresses with statement jewelry, a cute clutch, and a pair of heels for a complete and glamorous look. You can also add a belt to accentuate your waist and add some personality to the outfit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ChefKeender
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • raebates