• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for Dessert to Pair with Mojitos?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a dessert to pair with mojitos. Suggestions included a rum cake, a tropical torte recipe, a mock lemon meringue, a coconut lime tart/torte, and kiwi lime dessert cups. The group also discussed the benefits of owning torte pans and shared their experiences with chocolate and citrus flavors pairing well together.
grgann
Hi!
I have a host for April who is excited to be making mojitos for the show and wants me to do a dessert. I told her I would think about what might be a good match for mojitos.... can folks give me suggestions?
Thank you so much!

Rum cake? Seriously, tho. What about that tropical torte recipe that was out a couple of season's ago? Sorry I don't recall the name of it.

Mock Lemon Meringue
Coconut Lime Tart/Torte that just came out

Last spring there were some kiwi lime dessert cups in the SB. I made them at a couple of shows and they were really simple and good.

Great ideas, thanks so much! I don't own the torte pans yet, but maybe teh dessert cups will be the thing! Guess I should put the torte pans on my wishlist, huh?

grgann said:
Great ideas, thanks so much! I don't own the torte pans yet, but maybe teh dessert cups will be the thing! Guess I should put the torte pans on my wishlist, huh?

You DEFINITELY should put the torte pans on your wishlist! If you ever eat the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte, (renamed "Reese Peanut Butter Cup Heaven" by me!!) you'll know why!! ;) All I can say is...."YUM!!"

Hmmmm....I am thinking something chocolate would be good with the mojitos.

One time, at a cluster meeting we had tried the pecan chocolate cakes (the ones in the prep bowls) along with the pina colada salad (from U&C and has pineapple, lime and coconut).

The combo of the pineapple/citrus with the rich chocolate was perfect, in my opinion. They helped balance each other out.

So, that's why I am thinking a rich chocolate dessert...

I think the kiwi lime dessert cups were one of the recipes that used new consultant kit tools, so you should have it all.

Related to Suggestions for Dessert to Pair with Mojitos?

1. What type of dessert pairs well with mojitos?

There are a few types of desserts that pair well with mojitos. Some popular options include fruit-based desserts like key lime pie or mango sorbet, as well as rich and creamy desserts like chocolate mousse or cheesecake. The refreshing citrus flavor of mojitos also pairs well with light and airy desserts like angel food cake or macarons.

2. Are there any specific ingredients in desserts that complement the flavors of mojitos?

Yes, there are a few ingredients in desserts that enhance the flavors of mojitos. Lime, mint, and rum are all key components in mojitos, so desserts that incorporate these flavors will pair well. For example, a lime or mint flavored cake or a rum-infused sorbet would be a delicious match for mojitos.

3. Can you suggest a non-alcoholic dessert option to pair with mojitos?

Absolutely! For those who prefer non-alcoholic options, there are still plenty of dessert choices that pair well with mojitos. Some options include a refreshing fruit salad, a tropical fruit tart, or a coconut-flavored pudding. These desserts will not only complement the flavors of mojitos but also offer a light and refreshing contrast to the cocktail.

4. Are there any dietary restrictions to consider when choosing a dessert to pair with mojitos?

Yes, it is important to consider any dietary restrictions when selecting a dessert to pair with mojitos. For example, if someone is gluten-free, choosing a dessert made with gluten-free ingredients would be necessary. Additionally, those with dairy allergies or sensitivities may need to opt for a dairy-free dessert option.

5. Can you recommend a dessert recipe that incorporates mojito flavors?

Absolutely! One delicious dessert recipe that incorporates mojito flavors is a mojito cheesecake. This recipe combines the flavors of lime and mint with a creamy cheesecake filling and a rum-infused crust. It's a perfect dessert to pair with mojitos and will impress your guests with its unique twist on a classic dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rebelbug
Replies
Views
Geekgirl69