• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitution for Red Wine Vinegar????

In summary, a good substitute for red wine vinegar is balsamic vinegar, which has a similar tangy flavor and can be used in the same amount in recipes. Apple cider vinegar can also be used as a substitute, but may need to be adjusted due to its sweeter taste. For non-alcoholic substitutes, apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar can be used, or a mixture of grape juice and white vinegar can be created. Lemon juice can also be used as a substitute, but may add a citrusy flavor to the dish. In salad dressings, white wine vinegar is a good substitute for red wine vinegar due to its milder flavor.
chefshawna
Gold Member
I am making the PC hoagies and don't have any red wine vinegar, I have apple cider vinegar and white vinegar, do you think I could sub one of these? Or I could mix some Red Wine and vinegar!! LOL :p

Apple cider vinegar would be the best substitution.

If your white vinegar is white WINE vinegar, that is the closest...

What is a good substitute for red wine vinegar?

A good substitute for red wine vinegar is balsamic vinegar. It has a similar tangy flavor and can be used in the same amount as red wine vinegar in recipes.

Can I use apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar?

Yes, apple cider vinegar can be used as a substitute for red wine vinegar. However, it has a slightly sweeter taste so you may need to adjust the amount used in the recipe.

What can I use as a non-alcoholic substitute for red wine vinegar?

You can use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar as non-alcoholic substitutes for red wine vinegar. Alternatively, you can mix equal parts of grape juice and white vinegar to create a similar flavor.

Can I use lemon juice instead of red wine vinegar?

Yes, lemon juice can be used as a substitute for red wine vinegar. However, it will add a citrusy flavor to the dish, so it may not be suitable for all recipes.

What is a good substitute for red wine vinegar in salad dressings?

A good substitute for red wine vinegar in salad dressings is white wine vinegar. It has a milder flavor that won't overpower the other ingredients in the dressing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lovemytools
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies