• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Orange Brownies - Yum!

In summary, Costco has Ghiradelli's brownie mix. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of oil, some water, an egg. I included 1/4 cup of PC orange-infused canola oil, plus 1/2 cup vegetable oil - and got amazing results! With 1/3 cup of oil, 1/3 cup of Orange infused oil, and 2/3 cup of water, I changed their recipe out for 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup Orange infused oil, 2/3 cup water. Thanks for having me check - for baking, particularly, measurements really matter! YUM! Does sound yummy! I'm gonna have to try this! I have GOT to get that
scottcooks
Gold Member
This was so easy!

Costco has Ghiradelli's brownie mix. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of oil, some water, an egg. I included 1/4 cup of PC orange-infused canola oil, plus 1/2 cup vegetable oil - and got amazing results!

To help drive the theme home, I zested some orange peel in cream cheese icing, and stirred 1 tablespoon of oil into 1/2 cup of frosting, then drizzled this over warm brownies. YUM!

What have you done with the oils or the vinegars?

are you sure of the amount of oil - I make these ALL the time in my silicone floral cupcake pan (one of my top 10 sellers every year) but the amount (for one bag of mix) is 1/3 cup of oil... but your orange ideas sounds yummy!I make my own focaccia bread with the rosemary infused oil. I use part olive oil and part rosemary oil. Give it such a great flavor!

2 boxes brownie mix
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup oilSo I changed their recipe out for 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup Orange infused oil, 2/3 cup water. Thanks for having me check - for baking, particularly, measurements really matter!

ooooo.....does sound yummy!

I'm gonna have to try this!

I have GOT to get that orange oil!!! That sound fabulous! When I was growing up, my family had a tradition that every year we all got a huge navel orange in our stocking. I carried this tradition on until my in-laws made it better - chocolate oranges!! My kids go NUTS over those things and if they got nothing for Christmas but a chocolate orange they'd be happy (well, probably not, but...). I am ordering that orange oil today! Can't wait!

scottcooks said:
2 boxes brownie mix
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup oil

So I changed their recipe out for 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup Orange infused oil, 2/3 cup water. Thanks for having me check - for baking, particularly, measurements really matter!

yes, now that makes sense! sounds delicious and I'll be sure to try it soon.

Great idea! I do a lot of chocolate-orange things at Christmas. Thanks for sharing, Scott.

Just a side note: if you don't have the orange oil you could also use the PC zester or microplaner to zest an orange and add that directly to the brownie mix as well. My daughter tried this several months ago and there is definately something special about orange and chocolate mixed together!!!!!!!!!

wcsis said:
Just a side note: if you don't have the orange oil you could also use the PC zester or microplaner to zest an orange and add that directly to the brownie mix as well. My daughter tried this several months ago and there is definately something special about orange and chocolate mixed together!!!!!!!!!

I'm making homemade brownies today, and I'm going to try this. We don't use canola oil, so I've been toying with trying to make my own orange infused coconut or olive oil...but I think the zest, and maybe some fresh squeezed juice added would do the trick. My little guy LOVES chocolate and orange together!

Scott
You are a genius. I had never tasted orange in brownies and they were a big hit! Funny thing is that I went to the store to buy ice cream and when I came back Most of the brownie batch was gone. No one could wait!!!! When they started they could not stop so unfortunately I was not able to drizzle that great cheese cake icing on them. Guess I am going to have to make more.LOL

If you haven't tried this - you must. Family did not think it sounded good but they couldn't stop eating them until they were all gone.

I used a "cheap" brownie mix - Pillsbury family size. Think about baking these in either the brownie pan or the mini muffin pan to make great holiday food gifts! Simply substitute PChef Orange Canola oil for half the vegetable oil called for in the directions and bake as usual. :love:​

What ingredients are needed to make Chocolate Orange Brownies?

To make Chocolate Orange Brownies, you will need 1 box of brownie mix, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of orange juice, 1 tablespoon of orange zest, and 1 cup of chocolate chips.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the vegetable oil with melted butter and the orange juice with milk. You can also use dark chocolate chips or add nuts for extra crunch.

How long do I need to bake the brownies?

The brownies should be baked for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center - if it comes out clean, the brownies are ready.

Can I use a different pan to bake the brownies?

Yes, you can use a square or rectangular baking pan instead of the suggested 9x9 inch pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Can these brownies be made in advance?

Absolutely! You can make the brownies a day in advance and store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They can also be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
Replies
Views
sharalam