• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute Rice Cooker for Micro Cooker?

In summary, a rice cooker can be used as a substitute for a Micro Cooker when cooking rice in the microwave. The cooking results should be the same and a rice cooker can also be used for other foods like vegetables and pasta. The benefit of using a rice cooker is its non-stick surface and included measuring cups and instructions. However, it may not be suitable for all types of microwave cooking.
heat123
Silver Member
I just got the rice cooker and was wondering if I can use it in place of the large micro cooker to melt the chocolate sauce in the Choc. molten skillet brownie?? :confused:

thanks

you can eat up anything in your rice cooker, but do NOT cook popcorn or oil into the rice cooker the oil become so hot the it will melt the plastic.

I always use the rice cooker for the choc syrup - I mean chocolate sauce - with the Molten Skillet Brownie - it works great! I also use it to make Grits, soup, heat up liquids and melt butter. I have also used it to cook veggies in the microwave - the ones from the frozen section.

perfect, thanks!I thought it should be ok but wanted to hear from someone it was OK!

thanks!

for asking! Yes, the rice cooker can definitely be used to melt the chocolate sauce for the Choc. molten skillet brownie. Simply add the chocolate sauce to the rice cooker and turn it on to the "warm" setting. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth. Then, pour the melted chocolate over the brownie before baking. Enjoy!

1. Can I use a rice cooker instead of a Micro Cooker for cooking rice in the microwave?

Yes, a rice cooker can be used as a substitute for a Micro Cooker when cooking rice in the microwave. Make sure to follow the instructions for your specific rice cooker and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. Is there any difference in the cooking results between a rice cooker and a Micro Cooker?

No, the cooking results should be the same whether you use a rice cooker or a Micro Cooker. Just make sure to use the correct measurements and follow the cooking instructions.

3. Can I use a rice cooker for other foods besides rice in the microwave?

Yes, a rice cooker can be used for cooking other foods in the microwave such as vegetables, quinoa, and pasta. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and follow the instructions for your specific rice cooker.

4. What is the benefit of using a rice cooker instead of a Micro Cooker for cooking rice in the microwave?

One benefit of using a rice cooker is that it typically has a non-stick surface, making it easier to clean. Additionally, rice cookers often come with measuring cups and instructions for specific types of rice, ensuring perfectly cooked rice every time.

5. Can I use a rice cooker as a replacement for a Micro Cooker for all microwave cooking?

No, a rice cooker is best used for cooking rice and other grains in the microwave. It may not be suitable for other types of cooking, such as steaming or heating up soups and sauces, which are better suited for a Micro Cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Senkimekia
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Senkimekia
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • magentablue