• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Southwest Seasoning?

R
RachelNguyen
Hi all,

I am making the chicken enchilada ring tonight and need a substitute for the southwest seasoning. Anyone have any idea what is in that stuff?

I am guessing chili powder, cumin and cilantro... but haven't ever tried the real thing, so I don't know!

Thanks,
Rachel

taco seasoning works...it is the suggested substitute for the taco ring...I suppose you could use an enchilada seasoning mix.

When ever I have made that ring I have just bought the Southwest Seasoned Chicken breast strips that Tyson makes. It's so fast and easy and already seasoned. Everyone has always LOVED the ring at my shows!

I have already bought the Mrs Dash Southwestern Seasoning when I've been in a pinch. It has similar ingredients in it.

Thanks you guys! I ended up using Adobo seasoning and a pinch of chili powder. It came out just fine! Interestingly, the hostess chose blue corn chips. It was really pretty!

I like this ring! And the Margarita pie is to die for! Everyone LOVED it.

Love+
Rachel

1. What is Southwest seasoning typically made of?

Southwest seasoning typically consists of a blend of spices such as chili powder, cumin, cilantro, garlic, onion, and paprika.

2. What is a good substitute for Southwest seasoning?

A good substitute for Southwest seasoning is a mixture of chili powder, cumin, and dried oregano. You can also add a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder for additional flavor.

3. Can I use taco seasoning as a substitute for Southwest seasoning?

Yes, taco seasoning can be used as a substitute for Southwest seasoning. However, keep in mind that taco seasoning may have a slightly different flavor profile than Southwest seasoning.

4. Are there any store-bought alternatives to Southwest seasoning?

Yes, there are many store-bought alternatives to Southwest seasoning such as fajita seasoning or Tex-Mex seasoning. These blends typically contain similar spices to Southwest seasoning.

5. Can I make my own Southwest seasoning at home?

Yes, you can make your own Southwest seasoning at home by mixing together chili powder, cumin, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in desired proportions. You can also customize the blend to your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• urbnk8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • vick
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
skmartin41
  • Brenda.the.chef