• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Question-Southwest Seasoning

In summary, the Southwest Seasoning from Pampered Chef is a blend of spices including chili powder, cumin, garlic, and onion powder, along with salt and natural flavors. While it does have a bit of spiciness, it is not overwhelming and is suitable for most palates. This versatile seasoning can be used on a variety of dishes, not just Southwest cuisine. It should be stored in a cool, dry place and is gluten-free and free from artificial colors and flavors.
urbnk8
I plan on making the chicken enchilada ring at a show tonight but I just realized that it calls for southwest seasoning, which I don't have. Anybody have an idea for a good substitute?

You can use taco seasoning. It comes in a packet at the grocery store. Use the same amount as you would use the SW Seasoning Blend. It's a slightly different flavor but it works in a pinch.

I was going to suggest taco seasoning too.

Thank you so much! I called my sister and she has some, but it's good to know in the future!

Hi there! I'm also a Pampered Chef consultant and I've made the chicken enchilada ring many times at my shows. If you don't have southwest seasoning on hand, you can easily make your own by combining equal parts of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper for some extra heat. Simply mix these spices together and use about 1-2 tablespoons for the recipe. Your guests will never know the difference! Let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients are used in the Southwest Seasoning?

The Southwest Seasoning from Pampered Chef contains a blend of spices such as chili powder, cumin, garlic, and onion powder, along with salt and other natural flavors.

2. Is the Southwest Seasoning spicy?

While the Southwest Seasoning does have a bit of a kick, it is not overly spicy. The blend of spices provides a well-balanced flavor that is suitable for most palates.

3. Can I use the Southwest Seasoning on more than just Southwest dishes?

Absolutely! While the Southwest Seasoning is perfect for adding a Southwestern flair to dishes like tacos, fajitas, and chili, it can also be used as a versatile all-purpose seasoning for chicken, steak, vegetables, and more.

4. How should I store the Southwest Seasoning?

The Southwest Seasoning should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. For best flavor, use within one year of opening.

5. Is the Southwest Seasoning gluten-free?

Yes, the Southwest Seasoning is gluten-free. It is also free from artificial colors and flavors, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions or preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RachelNguyen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • floccies
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • etteluap70PC