• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Motivation? How Can You Stay Focused and Reach Your Goals?

I suggest you make a list of things your business can do for you and then have a schedule to complete them. This way you will not have to keep spouting off about it.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Okay, need some suggestions!! Just got back from CSU Monterey Bay with my daughter. She has decided to go to college there but won't even talk about the money I spent while there!!! Then we have to go back the end of June for orientation!! Plus all the money flying out the door for graduation, prom and ALL the college expensives. I have to get my "you know what" into gear to get some of this pd off!!! Plus c/c are almost maxed out!

Problem....I am really good at night with coming up with ideas. At night I make a list, PC and other things, of what I need to do and how to do it. I get real excited and tell myself over and over things will work out. I can do it. Then mornign hits!!! And my gumption, guts, and excitement goes right out the door! I turn into a big fat scaredy cat! Does anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions on how to get past this???

Thanks!!!

Gosh girl. Wonder why half the ladies are on here at all hours of the night. Maybe you have trouble putting things into reality. I suggest to start small. Throw a few ideas around. Pick one and stick with it. Once that is done, then tackle the next.

My problem is I have all these ideas and I never PICK just one. So I will do this with you. Pick one, complete then on to the next task.

Having to many "to dos" might overwhelm you and then make grumpy and not wanting to do anything at all...

/end Dr. Margie Moment... :D

I could have written that!

My DS and I had a budget conversation last night and we are concerned too. He thinks it'll just work out. It'll take some doing but we WILL make the money we need! (We WILL NOT have $60+ in student loans 4 years from now!)

He has 4 very close friends going off to college (3 at the same one with him but in different dorm rooms) and all of them will be getting PC for HS grad gifts from us. He will roll his eyes but they will get good use out of those things, I need to get them gifts anyway, and the commission will help pay for his college.:cool:

Let's make a pact and be accountable to each other! How about we do 3 things for our business each day (phone call, contact, host packet, ...) and 3 things in the rest of our life (clean that closet, throw out that ___, do one page in our picture album, ...) and then report back to each other. Even if it's something very small or we don't do that much in a day ANYTHING would be better than some days.

PS: I know it looks like I'm on here a lot but I truely USUALLY just check in when I get a phone call, when I'm eating lunch, things like that - so don't say "get off Chef Success". :rolleyes:

I think it's a great idea to make lists like that in the evening. I keep a notepad by my bed because there are nights I can't sleep and writing it down helps me sleep.

In the morning, take your list and prioritize it. Make yourself a schedule. Today I'll make 5 phone calls. Thursday I'm going to contact 5 business, etc. That way it'll be easier to hold yourself accountable than to have a big list kind of looming.

One thing I'm doing for myself (don't laugh, I used to be a teacher) is giving myself a cutesy sticker on the calendar for every day that I work out. My kids and daycare have caught on to this and now they are all over me about working out so they can see the next sticker.

Amazing how 5 and 3 year olds are helping to motivate me, lol!!

4kids4me said:
One thing I'm doing for myself (don't laugh, I used to be a teacher) is giving myself a cutesy sticker on the calendar for every day that I work out. My kids and daycare have caught on to this and now they are all over me about working out so they can see the next sticker.

Amazing how 5 and 3 year olds are helping to motivate me, lol!!

Usually when someone says, "don't laugh" it is not hard. I was cracking up on that one!! My 8 and 9 year olds keep asking me to make them a responsibility chart. I am a wee bit lazy though. I need to. I hate having to tell them over and over again to do stuff. Okay a bit off topic, sorry.

If it works for you...DO IT!! I'm glad you have a system that works. I just don't invite people over and then tell myself that clutter means comfortable.

I like making to-do lists but find they are usually overly ambitious and then I feel like I haven't gotten much done b/c there are still things on the list. You might try making a big list for the week and then add things to your daily list in groups of manageable tasks--like 3 at a time. Good luck. And just push yourself to take the first scarey step on something you don't want to do--it is rarely as bad as we imagine it to be.

I reward myself for doing something I don't like. Something like, "after I make three phone calls or talk to one person, I'll get a glass of water (avoidance of doing more)" or "I can stop until after lunch as soon as I do customer care calls for this one show." I'm not the most productive and can come up with great reasons to avoid doing things, but setting small goals with easy rewards does help....

Chef Kearns said:
My 8 and 9 year olds keep asking me to make them a responsibility chart. I am a wee bit lazy though. I need to. I hate having to tell them over and over again to do stuff. Okay a bit off topic, sorry.

Do a google search for:

"chore chart" +download

And you'll find a bunch you can modify. I find starting with something is easier than creating from scratch. And its another hijaked thread. :rolleyes:

a fantastic site for charts is www.chartjungle.com. I get lots of stuff there for myself and my daycare. :) You'll be impressed the how much she has there.

Okay, great ideas!!

I do lists almost every night but when I wake up I wonder what the heck I was thinking! Either to much on the list or just plain tell myself, I will get to it tomorrow. TOMORROW NEVER COMES. I have tried the smaller lists and prioritize but most of the time I think It will all be here tomorrow.

Have to make each of my little ones a chore chore. They both have been bugging me daily and keep telling them I will get to it...Was even thinking of making one for me, including -made 3 calls, made packets, made host calls and etc. But still need to make it. Also not sure what "chores" I should add for daily and weekly for PC.

Being accountable with someone else is find and dandy. But when it comes right down to it I can come up with any excuse as to why I wasn't able to do whatever for that day. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me????

I know this come right down to just getting the motivation and just getting off my arss but as I said, I do real well at night, it's waking up that I have the problem!!!

I know, I need some serious help???

No, you don't need serious help! You seem to be like me...my brain really works well at night, usually after 9:00 p.m. (so, of course it's too late to call anyone!) I do the same thing you do - but I'm getting better at getting stuff done the day after I think of it at night. It's something you have to work on, and it ain't gonna happen overnight! (I am SO not a morning person!). Just take "baby steps" and get things in order...you'll be okay! You don't want to try to do too much at one time, or you'll just think that this wasn't worth it, I'm not doing that again! You know what I mean? One thing, one day at a time...that's how I'm doing it!

I am exactly the same way. I can't sleep at night....I become human
sometime after 9 pm...just when most people are getting ready for bed!!!
I can't function in the morning!! Therefore I never accomplish anything
for my business. Add to that the fact that I have phone phobia in a BIG
way!!!

This is your job lady! Your business! You've made a commitment already when you put down your cash to become a consultant. It always seems so much harder to work for ourselves but what if you literally had to drive to a job, punch a clock, and complete your "to do" list? You'd do it. So DO IT!

Have someone who is close to you help by creating a job description with you and then give you performance evaluations in 30 days, 90 days, 6 months, etc. If you want hard core motivation, have your daughter be your evaluator since your success in performing your duties is directly related to her getting to the school of her choice.

You can do this!

Related to Struggling with Motivation? How Can You Stay Focused and Reach Your Goals?

1. What is "Get up & Go Got up & Left"?

"Get up & Go Got up & Left" is a line of breakfast products from Pampered Chef that are designed to make mornings easier and more delicious.

2. What kind of products are included in the "Get up & Go Got up & Left" line?

The "Get up & Go Got up & Left" line includes a variety of breakfast tools and ingredients such as waffle makers, pancake mix, and breakfast sandwich makers.

3. Are the "Get up & Go Got up & Left" products easy to use?

Yes, all of our "Get up & Go Got up & Left" products are designed to be user-friendly and make breakfast preparation a breeze.

4. Are the ingredients used in "Get up & Go Got up & Left" products high quality?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we pride ourselves on using only the best and freshest ingredients in our "Get up & Go Got up & Left" products.

5. Can I find recipes to use with "Get up & Go Got up & Left" products?

Absolutely! We have a wide selection of delicious recipes on our website that are specifically created for use with our "Get up & Go Got up & Left" products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• colegrovet
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • xxmandie1xx