• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to 'Go for No' - Need Advice!

In summary, your director challenged you to go for no this month and you went for it last night. You got several 'no's' but that's okay because you're getting closer to a 'yes'. You should try the 3-2-1 plan as described in your PC training and talk to 3 people about PC every day. Finally, don't be discouraged by the 'nos' you're getting, be encouraged because they are bringing you closer to a 'yes'.
jgajmom
Gold Member
OK, so my director challeneged us on Sunday to Go for No this month. I went for it last night, and got several. I had three people say they would check their calendars, but no one would commit. This is only my second month and I feel like I'm failing already. HELP!

Did your director explain the reasoning behind Go For No? I suggest going to http://www.goforno.com and receiving some encouragement and instruction there. The fact you made the contacts last night is great, and the possible hosts just need you to follow up. Go to the Files section here on Chef Success, and in the search box enter "think about it." Print out the flyer, and put it in Host Packets, and mail or give it to these possible hosts, telling them it's just a "Think About It," packet with information on why they might enjoy hosting a show. Tell them you'll call them on (for example) Thursday at 6pm to follow-up and see if they have any questions. At that time you might be able to get them to pick a date.
Going back to the Go For No, don't be discouraged by the "No"s you received, be encouraged because they are bringing you closer to a "Yes." Every time you ask a question, you are perfecting your technique. And, don't quit now! Think about it this way: Getting a "Yes" 20% of the time when you ask 100 people is better than getting a "Yes" 80% of the time when you only ask 10 people.

Try not to get discouraged, you are just getting your business started! Use the 3-2-1 plan as described in the PC training. Try talking to 3 people about PC during the course of the day, every day. Talk about it in the checkout line at Walmart, at the dentist's office, at your mechanic's. If you have a good friend in a service industry (hair dresser, mechanic, etc.) see if they will allow you to "Pamper their Business". Do a search on this site and you will find more information about pampering a business.

Thanks, it's not really the No's that are getting me discouraged. I know they are bringing me closer to a yes. I guess I'm just being hard on myself. I want to make this a success so bad. I did get a girl at work this morning to commit to a party later this month. I suppose I'll get there.

jgajmom said:
Thanks, it's not really the No's that are getting me discouraged. I know they are bringing me closer to a yes. I guess I'm just being hard on myself. I want to make this a success so bad. I did get a girl at work this morning to commit to a party later this month. I suppose I'll get there.

My biggest problem is wanting hosts to book shows because I need to fill my calendar, and then I might come across as pushy, rather than helping them get what they want/need. I had a friend send me a message on FB a couple of weeks ago, asking what I suggest for a mixing bowl. I told her either the Batter Bowl or the Stainless Steel Set, depending on how she plans to use it. She replied she has the BB, and also mentioned she wants to do her entire kitchen in PC (she was recently married). I suggested having a show so she can get free and discounted product, and so we now just have to decide on a date in October. I feel I really am helping her in this case, because I listened to her needs, rather than my own. I could have pushed for her to keep the original August date we had discussed, which would certainly help my month, but understand October works better for her, and probably will for her guests, as well.

My point is to not look at it as 'getting someone to commit to a date' but focus on the host/customer more, and less than on your calendar.

Just explain to them that this month is filling up quickly because of the extra special host product credit & you'd HATE for them to miss out on this amazing opportunity. Just tell them you have 3 dates available right now and if you could have them reserve one, it would atleast give them the opportunity. Make sure they get a sense of urgency & popularity! People get excited when they feel like they're getting one of the last of something!!

Related to Struggling to 'Go for No' - Need Advice!

What does it mean to "Go for No"?

"Going for No" refers to the idea of actively seeking out and embracing rejection as a way to overcome fear and improve sales skills. It encourages individuals to focus on the number of "no's" they receive instead of the number of "yes's" in order to increase their chances of success in sales.

How can I overcome my fear of rejection?

One way to overcome the fear of rejection is to reframe it as an opportunity for growth and improvement. Embrace rejection as a learning experience and use it to identify areas where you can improve and become more successful. Additionally, practice self-affirmation and positive thinking to build confidence and resilience.

What are some practical strategies for implementing "Go for No"?

Some practical strategies for implementing "Go for No" include setting specific goals for the number of "no's" you want to receive each day, keeping track of your progress, and actively seeking out rejection by asking for a specific number of "no's" from potential customers. It is also important to follow up with potential customers who have said "no" in the past, as they may change their mind in the future.

How do I maintain a positive attitude when facing rejection?

Maintaining a positive attitude when facing rejection can be challenging, but it is important to remember that rejection is not a reflection of your worth as a person. Stay focused on your goals and remember that every "no" brings you one step closer to a "yes." Don't take rejection personally and use it as motivation to improve and grow.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when implementing "Go for No"?

Some common mistakes to avoid when implementing "Go for No" include fixating on the number of "yes's" instead of "no's," getting discouraged by rejection and giving up, and not following up with potential customers who have said "no" in the past. It is also important to remember that "going for no" does not mean being pushy or aggressive, but rather understanding and respecting the customer's decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • Krista Burson
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
nikked
  • kayleigh