• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it safe to use stoneware in a toaster oven?

In summary, it is not recommended to use the small bar pan in a new "Infrawave" toaster oven under the broiler as it can cause the pan to break. While the technology is new, it is advised to follow the instructions in the Use and Care manual. Some individuals have had success using the pan in the toaster oven on "Bake" but not under the broiler. It is important to be cautious and not use the pan under direct heat to avoid any potential damage.
jenwallace
Gold Member
ANyone have any experience with the small bar pan in a new "Infrawave" toaster oven? I have a customer who used hers and it broke. She mentioned that it was under the broiler. I told her that I was pretty sure the broiler wasn't recommended. I've never had any trouble using mine in the toaster oven, but I never broil. She's wondering if it's her new technology Infrawave whatever. ( I want to say again...just don't use the broiler!, but I'm trying to be nice and helpful) :) So, any thoughts?

jenwallace said:
ANyone have any experience with the small bar pan in a new "Infrawave" toaster oven? I have a customer who used hers and it broke. She mentioned that it was under the broiler. I told her that I was pretty sure the broiler wasn't recommended. I've never had any trouble using mine in the toaster oven, but I never broil. She's wondering if it's her new technology Infrawave whatever. ( I want to say again...just don't use the broiler!, but I'm trying to be nice and helpful) :) So, any thoughts?
It was probably the broiler that did it. It says right in the Use and Care that they aren't to be used on/under direct heat, which a broiler is.

I don't have any experience with "Infrawave" technology. Sorry.

DH and I use ours in the toaster oven on "Bake" all the time!

jenwallace said:

hmmm you are not supposed to put the stoneware under direct heat (broiler) so I would say no. I use mine in the TO too, but not under the broiler.

What is stoneware and why is it recommended for use in toaster ovens?

Stoneware is a type of clay-based ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature to create a strong, durable surface. It is recommended for use in toaster ovens because it can withstand high temperatures and distributes heat evenly, resulting in more even cooking.

Can I use stoneware in a regular oven as well?

Yes, stoneware can be used in both toaster ovens and regular ovens. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for maximum temperature and do not place stoneware directly on a hot stovetop or open flame.

Is it safe to use stoneware in a toaster oven?

Yes, as long as you follow the instructions for use and do not exceed the recommended maximum temperature. Stoneware is safe for use in toaster ovens and has been tested for safety and durability.

Do I need to preheat my stoneware before using it in a toaster oven?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware before use in a toaster oven. This ensures an even distribution of heat and helps prevent cracking or damage to the stoneware.

How do I clean and care for my stoneware used in a toaster oven?

Stoneware should be cleaned with warm, soapy water and a nylon brush or scraper to remove any food residue. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning agents as they can scratch or damage the stoneware. It is also important to let the stoneware cool down before cleaning and avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • lisasfuncooking