• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stone Turning Green? Possible Causes and Solutions | Troubleshooting Guide

, using a kitchen sponge or a towel to dry it might not be the best idea, as it might pick up color from those things.
Junderwood2009
I didn't know where to post this thread...but anyways...

My DCB is turning green! I have used it 3 times and only used the Kitchen Spritzer on it. After the second time I noticed a slight shade of green, and on Mother's Day I used it and it is totally green! It is green at the top where no food has been...does that nake sense? I have not found anything on here about a stone turning green...has this happened to anyone?

Could it be mold? Is it completly dry when you put it away. I haven't heard of this either, just a thought.

I don't think it could be mold...I dry it off before I put it away. I have tried cleaning it really hard and nothing.

Interesting....
Perhaps you should call HO and see if they have any advice for you.

:eek: ewwww...No. Mine turns dark brown/black where the food was NOT - like if I roast chicken or something. But I've had mine a few years, and no shades of green.

I've had mine turn a shade of green after cooking something with blueberries in the recipe. The seasoning eventually got rid of the greenish hue.

But if it's happening where there is no food touching it...well, that's a little strange. I think I'd call HO for that one.

I just off the phone with HO and I am returning it. They did not say why it might be turning green...lol. But, hopefully the next one will not do the same.

On a lighter side, Maybe the stone was trying to save the Earth by turning green.
I know it was bad, but it made me laugh.

My husband sometimes uses a kitchen sponge to clean my stones and the sponges have changed my stones odd colors; like green and blue.

hummm? I do use a sponge to clean it; I wonder if that could be it? Thanks.

and...

Shell, not to bad...lol...it made me laugh too! :)

I would def. call HO and see what they say. I use a little baking soda to clean mine.

I was going to ask if you used a green sponge to wash it or a green towel to dry it. Mine has picked up a bit of color from those things because it's rough where no food has been.

That might be it. I looked at it again today, and it's gross...it is sticky too. I take good care of my stone...lol. I don't know why it would be sticky...it is still like that after I washed it again. Oh well, they are sending me another one...I guess if it does it again then it is something I am doing, but I can't imagine what?

The baking soda helps with the sticky grease residue.

AJPratt said:
The baking soda helps with the sticky grease residue.

Thank You, Anne!! I've tried salt, but the baking soda really did the trick! It was getting just a little tooooo slippery
Marghi

1. What is "Stone Turning Green" and how does it work?

"Stone Turning Green" is a non-toxic cleaner specifically designed for removing stains and build-up from stone surfaces. The product contains a blend of natural enzymes and surfactants that break down and lift dirt and grime without damaging the stone. Simply spray the product onto the surface, let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe clean with a damp cloth.

2. Can "Stone Turning Green" be used on all types of stone?

Yes, "Stone Turning Green" is safe to use on all types of natural stone, including granite, marble, limestone, travertine, and slate. It is also safe for use on engineered stone surfaces, such as quartz and Corian.

3. Does "Stone Turning Green" have a strong scent?

No, "Stone Turning Green" has a mild, pleasant scent that is not overpowering. It is free of harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances, making it safe for use in enclosed spaces.

4. Is "Stone Turning Green" safe for food preparation surfaces?

Yes, "Stone Turning Green" is safe for use on food preparation surfaces, as it is non-toxic and free of harsh chemicals. However, it is recommended to rinse the surface thoroughly with water after cleaning to remove any residue.

5. Can "Stone Turning Green" be used on outdoor stone surfaces?

Yes, "Stone Turning Green" can be used on outdoor stone surfaces, such as patios and walkways. However, it is recommended to test the product on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it does not cause any discoloration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • n8vtxn
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
n8vtxn
Replies