• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stay Safe Online: Tips for Navigating Facebook

In summary, the most important privacy settings to adjust on Facebook include profile visibility, who can see posts and photos, and who can send friend requests. To protect personal information, limit what is shared on the profile, be cautious of friend requests, and regularly review and revoke access to third-party apps. If an account is suspected to be hacked, change the password, review activity, and report the hack to Facebook. Red flags on Facebook include suspicious friend requests, requests for personal information or money, and posts or messages containing malware or phishing links. Inappropriate or harmful content can be reported by clicking on the three dots and selecting "Report" on a post, message, or profile/page. Facebook will review and take appropriate action.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Yahoo news article worth reading:http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nf/20090305/tc_nf/65095Always be sure you go directly to Facebook...via www . facebook . com not through an unknown link, and never click on things where you are not sure of the source, no matter how fun and exciting they are.
Many of you trusted my link above, which is legitimate, but often a virus can post similar things to a user's profile and take you to not so good sites. Basically, learn and use caution, don't be click-happy...anywhere!

I saw that yesterday, thanks Janet.

Very good advice. Thanks for looking out for us, Janet.

Thanks Janet. I am running antivirus software!!

Thank you for sharing this important reminder with our community. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I always stress the importance of online safety and being cautious when clicking on links or visiting unfamiliar websites. It's better to be safe than sorry and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Let's all stay vigilant and protect ourselves while enjoying the internet.

What are the most important privacy settings to adjust on Facebook?

The most important privacy settings to adjust on Facebook include your profile's visibility, who can see your posts and photos, and who can send you friend requests. It's important to regularly review and update your privacy settings to ensure that you are comfortable with who can see your information on the platform.

How can I protect my personal information on Facebook?

To protect your personal information on Facebook, make sure to limit the amount of personal information you share on your profile. You should also be cautious about accepting friend requests from people you don't know and regularly review and revoke access to third-party apps that may have access to your information.

What should I do if I suspect my account has been hacked?

If you suspect that your account has been hacked, the first thing you should do is change your password. Make sure to choose a strong and unique password that is not easily guessable. You should also review your account activity and log out of any active sessions on devices you don't recognize. Finally, report the hack to Facebook and follow their instructions to secure your account.

Are there any red flags to watch out for on Facebook?

There are several red flags to watch out for on Facebook, including suspicious friend requests from people you don't know, messages asking for personal information or money, and posts or messages containing malware or phishing links. It's important to be cautious and not click on any suspicious links or messages.

How can I report inappropriate or harmful content on Facebook?

If you come across any inappropriate or harmful content on Facebook, you can report it by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner of the post or message and selecting "Report." You can also report entire profiles or pages by going to their profile or page and clicking on the three dots in the bottom right corner and selecting "Report." Facebook will review the report and take appropriate action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • KellyCooks