• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stay in Touch: My Best Tip for Keeping Old Consultants Active

In summary, the speakers discuss their experiences with weight loss and various diet programs. They mention the use of WW (Weight Watchers) and the struggles with staying on track and maintaining weight loss. Some have had success with WW, while others have tried different diets such as Lindora and Jenny Craig. The speakers also mention the benefits of attending WW meetings and using online tools to track progress and find support. Overall, they recommend WW to anyone looking to lose weight and improve their overall health.
DebPC
Staff member
My Best TipMy best tip is once they go inactive- even if you think its for good- keep them in your Cluster Member Email Group. I don't take them off until they tell me to. I've had people come back long after I've thought they were history.
I currently have a consultant start back ater 9 months. She got motivated by all of my emails! I've also had people re-sign because of this.
Two reasons I think this works-
#1 They keep hearing all the exciting news and specials long after their KCN's have stopped coming.
#2- Since I'm still communicating with them- it's very easy for them to email me back and open the lines of communication again.

Treat every new recruit as the next National Executive Director during their first 90 days. If they work, continue this after the 90 days.

I agree, always follow up with inactives. I have a gal who never did anything, had all kinds of personal problems right when she signed. I sent her an email checking in and she told me she really wants to give it a shot. I hope it works out for her this time.

So I have been "using" WW for a few years. Anyone else?? I have been successful at losing weight but I always put some back on. I keep telling myself I have to start again......
I did start running so maybe that will entice me to eat better and follow the points...

I have thought about doing WW but I cnat keep track of the points I tried it 1 day cause my friend had the point system I did really good untill dinner.

I just joined last Friday. I think I really needed it, as for the last month some friends and I had been sorta-following it, but it was too easy to cheat thinking "well, i'm not really doing ww..." So far it has totally had me eating better and I've been riding my recumbent bike way more regularly (especially as I was pms'ing the last few days and needed some extra points w/out going into my 35 extra!). I also love the meetings. I almost cried on Friday, as it was great being in a situation with other women facing the same things I was. I would totally recommend it to anyone! Plus, there is free registration right now!

I thought about it after my first child to loose the baby weight but I ending up doing the Lindora diet.It was easy and I was full.

jrstephens said:
I thought about it after my first child to loose the baby weight but I ending up doing the Lindora diet.It was easy and I was full.

What is that? Never heard of it! Can u share? I'm always looking for a good diet plan.

Currently I am trying the Fiber 35 diet and will see how the end of the week goes?

Have the same problem with WW I tried it for a week but couldn't keep track of points at all!

I use the online calculator...not like I am not online often enough!! LOL!!

I wish I could afford Jenny Craigs food program, so I don't have to count calories, fat, carbs etc, it's all ready for you to just eat 3x a day! Better yet, I wish I could afford a Spa (biggest loser type program or when Extreme makeover used to be on you have a trainer and set meals) to eat and exercise according to a set plan! How sweet that would be!

erinyourpclady said:
I use the online calculator...not like I am not online often enough!! LOL!!

I do the e-tools too. It made it MUCH easier for me to track my points online. For exactly the same reason----I'm online WAAAYYYY TOO much! But, it helps.

I did Jenny Craig over 10 years ago and did well.....lost 37 pounds. Eventually gained it back, mostly from my first pregnancy. AFter my son was born, I did WW and lost 50 pounds. I personally like that program better because it teaches you more to eat real foods that aren't prepared for you. I learned how to balance my meals better with this. Got pregnant with my daughter and went back to WW after. WAAAYYY harder the 2nd time around! The program totally works if you do it. I still have 50 pounds i want to lose. I've recently gotten back on track over the last few weeks and I'm MUCH more consistent with my activity (treadmill for at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week) and that helps. A couple weeks ago I lost the most weight in one week than I had ALL year at weigh-ins, and probably quite a while before that. It really works if you do the counting. It truly does make it more fun to me to be able to do it online. Plus you can chart your weigh-ins too. And there are TONS of recipes online.

I find going to meetings really helps me. If I don't go consistently, it's harder for me to stay motivated. Plus I've done some nice side business regarding PC there. I sell LOTS Of mini whippers (I know, not a huge item) because they actually recommend the PC one at meetings to mix up the smoothies!:)

I follow WW and I love it. I don't follow program well enough so the weight is coming off slowly... but I'm learning a lot about how I should be eating and that's the most important thing.

I have yet to go to an actual meeting. My mom does though and loves it! I "know" that I can do it if I surround myself with all the right foods. Those WW foods are good!!

I'm a lifetime member of WW. I joined in May 2006 and lost 50 lbs. I became a lifetime member last November, so it's almost a year keeping it off. I find the program pretty easy to follow (definitely flex for me, but I try to incorporate mostly core foods) but for me, exercise was/is the trick. Not only does it help me to keep the pounds off, but I just feel so much better.

DianeVill said:
I'm a lifetime member of WW. I joined in May 2006 and lost 50 lbs. I became a lifetime member last November, so it's almost a year keeping it off. I find the program pretty easy to follow (definitely flex for me, but I try to incorporate mostly core foods) but for me, exercise was/is the trick. Not only does it help me to keep the pounds off, but I just feel so much better.

That's awesome!! Good for you, Diane! I hope to become a lifetime member this time around. Last time I was 8 pounds from my goal and got pregnant with my daughter. :)

pamperedbecky said:
That's awesome!! Good for you, Diane! I hope to become a lifetime member this time around. Last time I was 8 pounds from my goal and got pregnant with my daughter. :)

Oh man, 8 lbs! How does that work, then, when you go back to WW after pregnancy? Do you have to start over or pick up where you left off? What if you're lifetime and get pregnant? I don't have to worry about that, but just curious...

DianeVill said:
Oh man, 8 lbs! How does that work, then, when you go back to WW after pregnancy? Do you have to start over or pick up where you left off? What if you're lifetime and get pregnant? I don't have to worry about that, but just curious...

I would assume you have to start paying again if you already made lifetime.

I started going to WW after I had my daughter maybe around 12-15 weeks after I had her. I thought going back sooner (rather than at 7 months which was how old my son was when I went to WW for the first time) would make it easier, but I'm STILL trying to lose all the baby weight - 3 years later!

I pretty much started over when I went back because I had missed so many meetings, plus I moved, so I started at a new location.

I did it 7 years ago and lost 20 some pounds but put it back on plus a few. Then I got pregnant with my twins and then lost weight after having them (was totally under my pre-pregnancy weight) but ended up with PPD and on an antidepressant which caused me to gain some weight so switched meds and now just over my pre-pregnancy weight and want to get back to where I was after I had the twins. Unfortunately with the twins I can't make it to meetings easily so have been thinking about the at home program. I really need to start exercising at home though first!

Sharisse

took the leap..............againI DID IT! I just signed up with WW again... first time was back in 2005... wish me luck.. looking to lose about 40 - 50 lbs

I have an aunt who did the WW points by herself...she didn't go to meetings or anything but she followed the points anyway...she went from 436 in 2004 to 170 in 2006. She looks great and she feels great...

I also have a brother who lost a good deal of weight using the points...but not going to meetings...not as much as my aunt but he didn't have as much to lose though either...

Yay, Jess! You can do it!And Heidi - WOW! It can definitely be done! Personally, I *need* the support and accountability of the meetings, but lots of people can follow the plan without the meetings... that's some amazing progress!

Man there's o lot of WW fans here! I think I should really try it to lose those last 10lbs that I lost then gained back since last year :(.

If you don't like counting points then try the Core version of WW I have lost about 25 lbs on that version of the program

What's the core program like if you don't have to "count" anything?

The core program is a list of foods - lean meats, fat-free dairy, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. You learn to eat until you're satisfied, and then stop. You also get the same 35 weekly "flex" or "bonus" points that other WW followers get, and you can use those for butter, restaurant meals that aren't core, whatever you want.I've known a number of people online who swear by it.I count points, but I've thought about giving Core a try.

hmm, that's a toss up "points or core" program? I did Southbeach so it was strict the first phase so maybe the core would work better for me?

If you liked South Beach - core might be more what you're used to. :)I don't know if this is a complete or accurate list (didn't compare it against my materials) but here's an example of the allowed core foods:http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/past-amazing-posts/332315-ww-core-food-list.html

Wow thanks! There's alot more on that list than SB! LOL this one may work!?! I just got burnt out of phase 1 after doing it for 2 months strait! But I did lose 18lbs on it!

heat123 said:
I just got burnt out of phase 1 after doing it for 2 months strait! But I did lose 18lbs on it!

No wonder you got burned out - isn't phase one supposed to be for two weeks? :eek:

yeah, but it said you can keep doing it a few more weeks, I got used to it and then it kinda lasted until I just burned myself out of it.

OMG. I just can't imagine doing that restrictive of a diet for that long. You were stronger than me!That's why I like Weight Watchers, I guess - on the flex program, I can eat WHATEVER I want, as long as I have the points for it. And of course I'm supposed to follow the healthy guidelines (how many veggie, dairy, etc servings to have) but I have varying success with that.

Do they have a points system for weight "maintenance"? I am going to try a cycle carb diet that worked in the past, to see if I can loose the bulk of the 10-15lbs then switch to the points system? If that's possible....???

Related to Stay in Touch: My Best Tip for Keeping Old Consultants Active

1. How do I keep old consultants active?

My best tip is to keep them in your Cluster Member Email Group even if they go inactive. This allows them to stay updated on all the exciting news and specials, and it makes it easy for them to reach out and open the lines of communication again.

2. What if I think they are gone for good?

Even if you think a consultant is gone for good, continue including them in your email group. I've had consultants come back after long periods of time and get motivated by the emails they received.

3. How long should I keep inactive consultants in my email group?

I recommend keeping them in your email group until they tell you to remove them. This way, you can continue to keep them updated and easily re-establish communication if they decide to come back.

4. Have you had success with this tip?

Absolutely! I've had consultants start back after 9 months and even had some re-sign because of this strategy. Keeping them in the email group allows them to stay connected and motivated, even when they may not be actively selling.

5. Why do you think this tip works?

I believe this tip works for two reasons. First, by keeping inactive consultants in the email group, they continue to receive updates and stay connected to the company and its promotions. Second, since you are still communicating with them, it's easy for them to reach out and re-establish the connection, which can lead to them coming back as active consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • gratergirl
  • General Chat
Replies