• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle~

I would strongly discourage this! You will have a major mess on your hands if you attempt it!:eek:If you look in CC there is a tip sheet for the new trifle and it says you can use frozen blueberries. Buy the loose frozen berries, not the ones in the sauce or juice it says. Frozen blueberries work great - in fact, I prefer them, because they give a little more juice to the trifle. Make sure and use fresh strawberries though - frozen ones just aren't pretty.
Jenni
Three cups of blueberries~ I went to three store and it would cost $9 just for the blueberries. Would frozen ones work?
I am making it tonight with 2 cups cuz I'm cheap...LOL But was wondering about frozen berries, anyone tried it?

I haven't tried it yet with frozen. I"m making it at a show tonight for the first time. Interactive show so if there's a problem its someone else's fault! ha ha ha Just kidding.

But to be honest, this recipe still can stay in that $15 range that PC 'rewards" cooking show hosts with. If you buy the ingredients, are you asking the host to give you a check?? I just started doing that and so far so good!! :)

Good luck!

jbdowd0798 said:
I haven't tried it yet with frozen. I"m making it at a show tonight for the first time. Interactive show so if there's a problem its someone else's fault! ha ha ha Just kidding.

But to be honest, this recipe still can stay in that $15 range that PC 'rewards" cooking show hosts with. If you buy the ingredients, are you asking the host to give you a check?? I just started doing that and so far so good!! :)

Good luck!

Why would you ask the host to give you a check? My hosts purchase the ingredients and then the $15 is reimbursement for the ingredients as a thank you!

Jenni said:
Three cups of blueberries~ I went to three store and it would cost $9 just for the blueberries. Would frozen ones work?
I am making it tonight with 2 cups cuz I'm cheap...LOL But was wondering about frozen berries, anyone tried it?
Frozen blueberries work great - in fact, I prefer them, because they give a little more juice to the trifle. Make sure and use fresh strawberries though - frozen ones just aren't pretty.

I do things a little different from most people... I do two recipes at each show. I do it in under 45 minute too. ;)
I have the host buy the stuff to make the BBQ pork lion Salad. I buy the stuff to make dessert usually cost around $7. ( I guess thats why I cringed at the blueberries) Some would say why on Earth would you do that... the answer is I can sell the heck out of some Bakers. I love it and it shows I sell at least two a party!
I make the salad set up before show- lettuce, onions, corn,slaw, and I add black beans. Once the show gets started it only takes 5 minutes to talk about why I love the baker while trimming the fat, coating with oil & bbq rub. Then it cooks for 10 minutes and rests for ten more. Which leaves 20 minutes to do I great trifle style dessert ( I sell tons of those too!) I do the trifle interactive.
I hope that makes since!!! It works for me :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
Frozen blueberries work great - in fact, I prefer them, because they give a little more juice to the trifle. Make sure and use fresh strawberries though - frozen ones just aren't pretty.

Thanks I will try it at my next show!!

I would get a few of the fresh ones so you can make the pretty top. However, with the "inside" of the trifle, frozen should work.

One tip I have actually given at my show is that if the blueberries are particularly expensive at a certain time of year, then buy one package and dot them around the outside of the bowl to add color to the red, white and blue trifle. I tease that no one really will know that the inside isn't packed full of them. This keeps the cost down, while having the patriotic effect. I've been using a variation of this recipe for a year.

Cindy,

Congrats on TPC, you rock. I'm on Carol's team. Way to Go...
Deb Z

anyone ever use the bundt pan in the microwave to make the angel food cake for this recipe?

natural said:
anyone ever use the bundt pan in the microwave to make the angel food cake for this recipe?

I would strongly discourage this! You will have a major mess on your hands if you attempt it!:eek:

If you look in CC there is a tip sheet for the new trifle and it says you can use frozen blueberries. Buy the loose frozen berries, not the ones in the sauce or juice it says.

I have been to two stores and I can't find the frozen strawberries in syrup. All they have is with sugar. Does anyone know if that will still work? Or do I need to add some corn syrup? I don't want to mess up the consistency of the dessert and I wanted to make it for Memorial Day.

I had the same problem for Cinco de Mayo when I tried to make the Strawberry Margarita Squares and they turned out runny. I don't know if that is because I didn't have the syrup, or didn't dissolve the jello enough, but either way I am now worried about screwing it up!

I'd appreciate any input you all have. Or if anyone knows where to buy them in Chicagoland that would be great!

frozen stawberries in sugar will work, the sugar makes a simple syrup.

chefdiana2007 said:
frozen stawberries in sugar will work, the sugar makes a simple syrup.
That's what I use

Thanks Ladies!

I guess I'll go back to the store and get some! I hope this makes a good dessert after all this work...

Val, they have them at Jewel in the frozen section by the Cool Whip. Usually on the top shelf in a smallish square/rectangular container.

Related to Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle~

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle?

To make the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle, you will need angel food cake, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, heavy whipping cream, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.

2. How do I assemble the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle?

To assemble the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle, start by layering cubed angel food cake in the bottom of a trifle dish. Then, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and spread half of the mixture on top of the cake layer. Next, add a layer of blueberries and strawberries, followed by another layer of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the dish, ending with a layer of whipped cream and topped with raspberries.

3. Can I make the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle ahead of time. It is best to assemble the trifle no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming too soggy.

4. Can I use a different type of cake for the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle. Pound cake or vanilla sponge cake would also work well in this recipe.

5. How many servings does the Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle recipe make?

The Stars and Stripes Berry Trifle recipe makes approximately 12 servings. However, this may vary depending on the size of your trifle dish and how large you cut your cake cubes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies