• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stamp Ink Color: Best Choices for Receipts & Catalogs

In summary, the best ink color for stamps is a personal preference, but it's important to consider the type of paper being stamped on. Some users have found that stamps don't do well on glossy paper and can smudge or fade over time. Labels may be a better option for clear and long-lasting information. However, for those who still prefer stamps, options like hot pink ink are available for a fun and unique touch.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Quick Question - What's the best ink color for stamps? I'm creating one for receipts, and am thinking blue or black for the pink copies. Creating another for the catalogs, invites, etc....thinking blue, green or red for those.

Any and all input is appreciated!

Re: StampersI just have one stamp, the one from Merrill, and I use it for everything, black ink.

Re: StampersDitto - one stamp for all. I have the one from Merrill as well (one with the Logo) and no address.

Re: Stampers
Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Quick Question - What's the best ink color for stamps? I'm creating one for receipts, and am thinking blue or black for the pink copies. Creating another for the catalogs, invites, etc....thinking blue, green or red for those.

Any and all input is appreciated!

Just wondering - why do you need a stamp for the pink copies? You really only need to stamp the top copy, going to the customer.

I've found that for catalogs, etc...with a glossy finish that stamps don't do well on them. They smear easily, and even if they don't, I noticed on on some recipes cards that I'd stamped a while back, that although the stamp looked fine at the time, a few months later, the stamp was all blurry and difficult to read. I went back to labeling my recipe cards after that. I want my info to be clear!:D

With all that said, I stamp my receipts with a red stamp, and my address stamp is black. I got both from Vistaprint.

Re: Stampersgo to stampsonsale.com if you buy 2 stamps (an address stamp and for deposit only stamp perhaps!) anything over $10 is shipped FREE! I think I spend like $10.81 or something.

Also, they have several ink choices. I picked HOT PINK! :)
show up great. I do not use the 3 part receipts. I use the outside order form at my shows and mail the host the printed sales receipt when I close the show. So, no need to stamp those as my info is printed on there.

Re: StampersYou girls are so smart and savvy! Thanks (to all 4 of you) for taking the time to post and share. Really appreciate it. Helped me avoid future frustrations.

@Melissa and Noora - But I WANT 2! Ha Ha.....actually makes sense to only have one....but the options! :D

@Becky - I give my customers the pink copy and I keep the white copy as it is usually the clearest and cc info. I thought I'd try stamping, but now that you mention the smudging and fading, I guess I just may need to stay the course and continue with labels.

I'm tired of writing in my info and thought I'd finally buy a stamper, though I like your idea better Sharon. Thanks for the tip with the website....I could so enjoy the Hot Pink! Yay for me....now to find out why I need it. Ha Ha

Thanks!

Re: StampersYou girls are so smart and savvy! Thanks (to all 4 of you) for taking the time to post and share. Really appreciate it. Helped me avoid future frustrations.

@Melissa and Noora - But I WANT 2! Ha Ha.....actually makes sense to only have one....but the options! :D

@Becky - I give my customers the pink copy and I keep the white copy as it is usually the clearest and cc info. I thought I'd try stamping, but now that you mention the smudging and fading, I guess I just may need to stay the course and continue with labels.

I'm tired of writing in my info and thought I'd finally buy a stamper, though I like your idea better Sharon. Thank

Thanks!

Re: Stampers
Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You girls are so smart and savvy! Thanks (to all 4 of you) for taking the time to post and share. Really appreciate it. Helped me avoid future frustrations.

I'm tired of writing in my info and thought I'd finally buy a stamper, though I like your idea better Sharon. Thanks for the tip with the website....I could so enjoy the Hot Pink! Yay for me....now to find out why I need it. Ha Ha

Thanks!

Iwrite the CC info only on the yellow copy - which is the one that I keep. The pink is blanked out, and that goes to the host, and the white one, I just write "Paid - CC" on it, and give it to the guest. I do it that way to help people feel more comfortable with giving out their CC # - so they know there aren't multiple copies of their CC # floating around out there. I also let them know that the # gets hidden as soon as it's entered into my program, and that I shred all copies of the receipt w/ CC #'s on them.

Re: StampersGood point about thinking about the guests comfort level with their CC info.

I do the same in that the pink is the final copy (the official one), given to the customer via the host. I also write paid, and hand the guest the yellow copy as their proof of purchase. The white is mine to keep, again because I don't have to worry about fading or it becoming illegible. It's been a year for me, and I'm starting to realize I may not need those white copies. Ha Ha

Re: StampersI use the black one from Merrill (one for catalogs and one for my address). I stamp my catalogs and leave them out to dry for a little bit. I much prefer the stamp to the labels. I also stamp the white copy and that is the one that goes home with the guest.

What are the best stamp ink colors for receipts and catalogs?

The best stamp ink colors for receipts and catalogs are black, blue, red, green, and purple. These colors are easy to read and provide a professional look to your documents.

Can I use any type of ink for my stamp?

No, it is important to use ink specifically designed for stamps. Regular ink can bleed or smudge, making your documents look messy and unprofessional. Pampered Chef offers a variety of stamp ink colors that are perfect for receipts and catalogs.

Do I need to purchase separate stamp ink for my receipts and catalogs?

Yes, it is recommended to use separate stamp ink for your receipts and catalogs. This will ensure that your documents have a consistent and professional look. Plus, using different colors can help you quickly identify different types of documents.

How long does stamp ink typically last?

The lifespan of stamp ink can vary depending on usage and storage conditions. However, on average, stamp ink can last for several months to a year. It is important to keep your stamp ink stored in a cool and dry place to prolong its lifespan.

Can I refill my stamp ink instead of purchasing a new one?

Yes, some stamp inks are refillable. However, it is important to check the product information or ask a Pampered Chef consultant to ensure that the ink you are using is refillable. Refilling your stamp ink can save you money and reduce waste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • hmolah
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefbria
  • dmfink