• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Steel Cookware & Allergies?

In summary, stainless steel cookware is made of steel, chromium, and sometimes nickel. It is generally safe for people with allergies, but those with a sensitivity to nickel should choose "nickel-free" options. To determine if cookware contains nickel, check the label or packaging, or if it is magnetic. Stainless steel is safe for those with gluten allergies. To properly care for stainless steel cookware, avoid using metal utensils, hand wash with mild products, and dry thoroughly.
pkd09
Silver Member
that Stainless Steel cookware is better to use for people who have allergies? I had a customer of mine today at a show tell me that. I have never heard of it and I have allergies. Has anyone else heard this?

Are they allergic to teflon or Dupont Autograph II? My chef husband doesn't think it would be better to use SS for a person with allergies.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

check out this site I found after reading your post. I did not research it extensively but found it interesting
http://eartheasy.com/article_healthy_cookware.htm

That is really interesting article. Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that our Stainless Steel cookware is a great option for people with allergies. Unlike other materials, such as non-stick coatings, Stainless Steel is non-reactive and does not release any harmful chemicals or toxins when heated. This makes it a safe and healthy choice for those with allergies. I have also heard from many customers who have allergies that our Stainless Steel cookware has helped alleviate their symptoms. I highly recommend giving it a try. Have a great day!

Related to Stainless Steel Cookware & Allergies?

What is stainless steel cookware made of?

Stainless steel cookware is made of a combination of metals, including steel, chromium, and sometimes nickel. The exact composition may vary depending on the brand and type of stainless steel used.

Is stainless steel cookware safe for people with allergies?

Stainless steel cookware is generally considered safe for people with allergies. However, some individuals may have a sensitivity to nickel, which can be present in small amounts in stainless steel. If you have a nickel allergy, it's best to avoid cookware with a high nickel content or choose stainless steel cookware that is labeled as "nickel-free."

How can I tell if my stainless steel cookware contains nickel?

The best way to determine if your stainless steel cookware contains nickel is to check the label or packaging. Some manufacturers will also indicate the nickel content on the product itself. Additionally, if your cookware is magnetic, it likely contains a higher percentage of nickel.

Can I use stainless steel cookware if I have a gluten allergy?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is safe to use for individuals with gluten allergies. Stainless steel does not contain gluten and is not at risk of cross-contamination with gluten-containing foods.

How do I properly care for my stainless steel cookware?

To keep your stainless steel cookware in good condition, it's important to avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface. Instead, use wooden or silicone utensils. It's also recommended to hand wash your stainless steel cookware and avoid using harsh cleaning products, as they can damage the finish. Dry your cookware thoroughly after washing to prevent water spots and discoloration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • quiverfull7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies