• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Speedy Struesel Apple Pie Recipe | Easy Dessert Ideas

In summary, the cookbook the person was looking for was not at their house and they wanted to make a pie. The person found a pie crust and separated the egg white from the yolk. They chopped the pecans and added them to the batter bowl. They used the lemon aid to juice the lemon. They cut the apples into quarters using an apple peeler/corer/slicer, then cut the quarters into slices using a utility knife. They tossed the apples with lemon juice and vanilla extract and then combined the cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon. They put the apple mixture into the pie crust and sprinkled the streusel on top. They put the pie in the microwave and cooked it for eight minutes. They
janezapchef
Gold Member
Does anyone have this typed up? I can't find my all the best cookbook and I want to make it!
Thanks!

Bumping. Anyone?????

Speedy Streusel Apple Pie

1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 egg, separated
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons Pantry Korintje Cinnamon, divided
5 or 6 medium red baking apples, such as Jonathan (about 6 cup)
1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.

Place one pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently pressing dough into bottom and up sides. In Small Batter Bowl, separate egg white from yolk using Egg Separator. (Set yolk aside for another use.) Whisk egg white until frothy. Brush egg white over bottom and halfway up sides of crust using Pastry Brush; set crust aside.

For streusel, finely dice remaining crust using Chef's Knife (it is not necessary to unfold crust); place in Classic Batter Bowl. Chop pecans using Food Chopper. Add pecans, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the Cinnamon to Batter Bowl; toss using Classic Scraper and set mixture aside.

For filling, core and slice apples, leaving peel on, using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut slices into quarters using Utility Knife. Using Lemon Aid, juice lemon to measure 2 teaspoons juice. In large Colander Bowl, combine apples, lemon juice and vanilla; toss to coat using Mix 'N Scraper. In small Colander Bowl, combine cornstarch, remaining sugar and remaining Cinnamon; mix well. Add cornstarch mixture to apples; stir to coat evenly. Spoon apple mixture into crust. Sprinkle streusel evenly over apples.

Place pie in microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until apples are very hot, rotating dish after 4 minutes. Immediately place pie on bottom rack of conventional oven. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is deep golden brown. Remove pie from oven to Nonstick Cooling Rack; let stand 15 minutes.

Sprinkle powdered sugar over pie using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Slice using Serrated Bread Knife; serve with Mini-Serving Spatula. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 67 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 3 g

Cook's Tip: When a microwave oven is not available, place apples, lemon juice and vanilla extract in Stir-Fry Skillet. Stir gently over medium-high heat until apples are very hot and slightly tender; remove from heat. Add cornstarch mixture; stir to coat evenly. Spoon hot apple mixture into crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake in conventional oven as directed above.

Thank you so very much, Barb!!! You're the best!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you can't find your All the Best cookbook. I can definitely help you out with the recipe you're looking for. Which recipe specifically are you trying to make? I'll be more than happy to type it up for you and send it over. Just let me know!

1. How do I make the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie?

To make the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie, you will need a package of our Pie Crust Mix, 5-6 medium-sized apples, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of melted butter. First, preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, prepare the pie crust according to the instructions on the package and press it into a 9-inch pie dish. Peel and slice the apples and mix them with the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the apple mixture into the crust and drizzle the melted butter on top. Finally, sprinkle the streusel topping from the package over the apples and bake for 35-40 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit for the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie?

While the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie is specifically designed for apples, you can certainly experiment with using other fruits such as peaches, pears, or berries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and spices accordingly to complement the flavor of the fruit you choose.

3. Is the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie gluten-free?

The Speedy Struesel Apple Pie is not gluten-free as the pie crust mix contains wheat flour. However, you can try using a gluten-free pie crust mix or making your own gluten-free crust from scratch and using our streusel topping on top of the filling instead.

4. How many servings does the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie recipe make?

The Speedy Struesel Apple Pie recipe makes 8 servings. However, you can easily double the recipe to make a larger pie or adjust the serving size if you prefer larger or smaller slices of pie.

5. Can I freeze the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie?

Yes, you can freeze the Speedy Struesel Apple Pie before or after baking. If freezing before baking, wrap the unbaked pie tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, let the pie thaw in the fridge overnight before baking as directed. If freezing after baking, let the pie cool completely and wrap it tightly before storing it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, let the pie thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies