• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious DCB Recipe Using Spaghetti Squash - Help Wanted!

In summary, if you want to cook spaghetti squash in a dcb, you should: -cut it in half -remove seeds -put it in a dish with water -microwave for 12-18 minutes
Jillmami
I'm looking for a dcb recipe using spaghetti squash. Anyone have anything??

Thank you!!

I used to love Spaghetti Squash when I was a kid - I look forward to seeing someone experience with it in the DCB

I am by no means a DCB expert, but I would try cooking some ground turkey/beef. Then adding onions (if for a show, using the food chop) and tomato sauce, then adding the squash to cook together. I have no idea on times, I would just have to try before a show.

I make spaghetti squash in my dcb all the time for my family but not for a show demo. Cut the ends off the squash then cut the squash in half (the long way). Scoop all the seeds out and with a sharp knife, pierce the skin twice. Usually 2 halves don't fit in the baker so I do one at a time. Place one half of squash skin side up in about 1 inch of water. Cover the baker and microwave for 12-14 minutes depending on squash size. You know it's done when you can fork it so it's like spaghetti. Repeat with the other half. Usually I make a marinara sauce on the stove and serve over the spaghetti squash with grated cheese. You can also add a scoop of ricotta cheese on top..So good and soo low calorie.

Thanks so much for the recipe! I recently joined weight watchers and have been looking for a quick and easy way to make spaghetti squash!! :)

I just cooked spaghetti squash in my DCB last night. Just like above, cut in half and scrape out seeds. Put in dish with a little water and microwave 12-18 minutes depending on size. Then I simply scraped it out into my 10" skillet where I had sauteed mushrooms and onions and heated it all together with that new Philedelphia Cream Cheese sauce - there are several flavors and it doesn't take a lot of it. I used the one with Italian Herbs (that's my favorite!) and that was my dinner. Yummy!

Well, I've been wondering for years what to do with spaghetti squash. This makes me want to run out and buy one right now!!

1. Can you recommend a specific type of spaghetti squash for this recipe?

For this recipe, we recommend using a medium-sized spaghetti squash. This size works well for most recipes and will provide enough squash for multiple servings. However, you can also use a larger or smaller squash depending on your preferences and the number of people you are serving.

2. How do I prepare the spaghetti squash for this recipe?

To prepare the spaghetti squash, start by cutting it in half lengthwise and removing the seeds. Next, place the squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-45 minutes. Once the squash is cooked and cooled, use a fork to scrape out the flesh into strings, which will resemble spaghetti noodles.

3. Can I substitute spaghetti squash for regular pasta in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute spaghetti squash for regular pasta in this recipe. Spaghetti squash is a great low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta. It also adds a delicious flavor and texture to the dish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as spaghetti squash will cook faster than regular pasta.

4. What other ingredients can I add to this recipe?

There are many different ingredients that you can add to this recipe to customize it to your liking. Some popular additions include diced chicken, shrimp, or sausage for added protein, diced bell peppers or cherry tomatoes for extra veggies, and grated Parmesan cheese for a cheesy topping. Get creative and add your favorite ingredients to make this recipe your own!

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. After preparing the spaghetti squash and mixing it with the other ingredients, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve, simply reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop until warmed through. This makes it a convenient and delicious meal prep option for busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • set-n-stone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies