• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Berry Brownie Disaster: My Embarrassing Pampered Chef Show Mishap

In summary, the conversation was about various mistakes made at shows, such as burning chocolate, breaking a microwave, and accidentally knocking over food. Despite these mishaps, the hosts and guests found it humorous and relatable, and the sales and bookings were successful. Some even joked about making mistakes a part of their routine.
bbauman07
Gold Member
So I had a show last night. I made the berries and cream brownie squares. I put the chcolate in the micro cooker for 30 seconds and as I was saying if you go any longer you could burn your chocolate, I burnt the chocolate!!! :eek: I got so flustered I forgot the rest of my lines!!!! :eek: I did make a little joke about it by saying I said Pampered chef not Perfect chef. I feel like such a dork. One of the hosts shared a tip about putting it on a paper towel and useing salt to get rid of the flavor and I shared the lemon juice tip. This is the first big mistake I have made at a show., and I didn't shake it off the way I should have.

On the plus side the hosts laughed about it and said don't worry your still our PC lady.

It happens to all of us, part of being human!!! I think it makes you seem more approachable. I think you handled it great with the not "perfect chef" joke.:)

This will make you feel better......At my first show, I was using the deluxe cheese grater - the hostess purchased colby cheese, not cheddar as I asked. As your probably guessing the colby cheese DID NOT come out of the grater. As my daughter told me afterwards "Mom, that was quite a performance". I was nervous because it was my first show, but that was very embarrassing. Lesson learned.......make double darn sure there's no colby cheese in the hostesses house!

It happens to all of us :)
Other than that, how did it go? Good sales? Bookings?

Whenever I do something stupid, I'll call my director. After I'm done venting she'll say, "So you got two bookings and had an $800 show?And that's bad how?"

I always do someting stupid in my shows. I actually tell people to watch out for the stupid thing and we'll joke about it later.

dannyzmom said:
It happens to all of us :)
Other than that, how did it go? Good sales? Bookings?

The sales were great it is at the $500 level and they would like to close it at a $700 show. I did pick up a few lifetime customers, almost everyone in this group had already done a show for my old Director before she quit. But the hosts are rebooking for Nov and the Past host wanted to be added to my email list.

The resy of the show i was so flustered that i forgot some of my lines, I just felt really flaky, I'm more upset that i froze up then that I burnt the chocolate.

The hosts and I did joke about it, they said don't worry you are still our PC lady.

I like the watch for me to do something stupid idea. Do you give out a prize it they catch it?

Last edited:
bbauman07 said:
I like the watch for me to do something stupid idea. Do you give out a prize it they catch it?

if I gave out a prize for every time I did something stupid, I'd be out of prizes!

I had a show last night too that I did something dumb at. I let the hostess have it at my house, and I set the food up on the coffee table. Well, I had toasted French bread on the SA rectangle platter and then I had that on the rectangle basket. Well, as I was backing up, my big rear hit the handle on the basket and knocked the whole thing in the floor. :eek: I told everyone that I had just gotten a new Dyson Vacuum cleaner and that I had just vacuumed right before everone arrived. One of my aunts that is a little snooty told me I should just serve the pieces that landed on top of the other pieces and get rid of the other ones. Well, I just put the ones that went on the carpet in the kitchen and some of the other people ate them :(

Yeah, my a$$ hits everything, too.

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Well, if its not my bra coming undone, its my butt.

It appears the microwave saga continues :eek: but this time I didn't burn it I broke it!!!!! :eek: I know it's not my fault, but wow!!! I put the chocolate in the microwave and started it, it made a loud pop, and the microwave is broken. Can you believe that!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL... okay Brooke maybe its time to do a different recipe!:D

Funny you say that I told my hubby the next recipe I do will not have a microwave involved at all.

Well, I set the oven on FIRE at a daycare during a Fundraiser Show! Not once but 3 times! I ended up with over $800 in sales! Just chalk it up to experience and go on with your show! I had to talk OVER the fire alarm!

My first show my cheese stuck in the cheese grater too. It was cheddar but it was straight out of the frig (and i had not heard of the microwave trick to bring it to room tempature) but even when it is room temperature i still have trouble with it. I prefer hard cheeses now! but so much calls for cheddar.

What exactly happened during the Pampered Chef show?

During the show, I was demonstrating how to make a delicious berry brownie recipe using our Pampered Chef products. However, when I went to remove the brownies from the oven, I accidentally dropped the entire tray, resulting in a mess of melted chocolate and squished berries all over the floor.

Did anyone get hurt during the mishap?

No, thankfully no one got hurt during the berry brownie disaster. The only casualty was the batch of brownies and a few broken Pampered Chef utensils.

How did the audience react to the mishap?

At first, everyone was shocked and couldn't believe what had just happened. But then, we all started laughing and turned it into a funny moment. I even had some audience members come up to help me clean up the mess!

Were you able to recover from the disaster and continue the show?

Yes, I quickly improvised and made another batch of brownies using a different recipe from our Pampered Chef cookbook. It ended up being a great opportunity to show the versatility of our products and how to adapt in unexpected situations.

Has this ever happened to you before during a Pampered Chef show?

No, this was the first time I've had such a mishap during a Pampered Chef show. But it just goes to show that anything can happen live in front of an audience, and it's important to stay calm and make the best of it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views