• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soMy Sister's Getting Married....

who knows how many people...and they're always like, "ooooohhhh...great idea! My sister is also getting married in August and isn't registering with me. I don't mind though, she already has a lot of PC and says there is not enough stuff that doesn't already have and wants/needs enough to bother with registering. She doesn't have the cookware though, and likes mine, so maybe I should get it for her. Never thought of hosting a show in her name to get it half price and still have the warranty! Super, I will do this too! What a great gift!...I'm just going to do it...if they don't like it, TOUGH!
speedychef
And I need to figure out what to get her...

First of all, she is NOT registered nor is she planning on registering with me! That kind of irritates me but whatever. I'm trying really hard to let it go.

Second of all, I have a show that I hosted that I'm about ready to submit and I think I'll put her in as the host so I can get her a receipt, and buy her some stuff. I was going to buy her some stoneware (of course!) and miscellany, and then I thought...I have a half price item and maybe I should get her the cookware. I THINK my other sister will split it with me, but even if she doesn't, I guess I can swing it. It is my sister after all.

Anyhow, the problem I'm having with it is that she hasn't registered anywhere yet, and I don't think anyone has really bought her anything. I was thinking I wanted it to be a surprise, but I think I will have to tell her so she won't register for all clad or some other JUNK! LOL! I'm also concerned that my family (who isn't at ALL supportive of my PC) will be irritated with me for "PUSHING" PC on everyone. (A cousin got married and all her gifts from me were PC and everyone was like OF COURSE :rolleyes: ) Like it's not the best cookware out there...I don't know, I guess maybe I'm just overthinking it...I'll just order the cookware and be done with it. Then I won't have to worry about what to get her down the road.

Comments? Am I just being crazy? I kind of think I might be...

oooohhhh...great idea! My sister is also getting married in August and isn't registering with me. I don't mind though, she already has a lot of PC and says there is not enough stuff that doesn't already have and wants/needs enough to bother with registering. She doesn't have the cookware though, and likes mine, so maybe I should get it for her. Never thought of hosting a show in her name to get it half price and still have the warranty! Super, I will do this too! What a great gift!

...I'm just going to do it...if they don't like it, TOUGH! I am starting to wonder why I made such a big deal about it anyhow! Of course they will love it and I will be known as the sister everyone wishes they had!!

hello... you are going to buy your sister cookware... how could she (or anyone else in the family) hold it against you!?! That is an amazing present! I would love to have a sister like you!

I would love to have a sister like me too...I don't know why I'm not the maid of honor...oops, did I say that out loud?!

I have the 7 piece set but not the 5 piece...she is going to have more than me!! Maybe I'll buy the set and only give her the 7 piece and keep the 5 piece for me...no, that's rude!

Yeah, I've decided I was getting all worked up about nothing. They will get it and they will love it and if they don't, I just won't talk to them ever again! LOL!

Kim... I don't blame you for thinking about keeping the 5 piece for yourself... especially with the way it sounds like your family responds to your business! Ya know if you get her the 7, she may have to host a party to finish her collection... :)

I placed the order, and I even got her the Chef's tools to match! I am a REALLY good sister....even though I MAY still keep the 5 piece set...I guess only time will tell!

speedychef said:
And I need to figure out what to get her...

First of all, she is NOT registered nor is she planning on registering with me! That kind of irritates me but whatever. I'm trying really hard to let it go.

<snip> I'm also concerned that my family (who isn't at ALL supportive of my PC) will be irritated with me for "PUSHING" PC on everyone. (A cousin got married and all her gifts from me were PC and everyone was like OF COURSE :rolleyes: ) Like it's not the best cookware out there...I don't know, I guess maybe I'm just overthinking it...I'll just order the cookware and be done with it. Then I won't have to worry about what to get her down the road.

Comments? Am I just being crazy? I kind of think I might be...
Nuthin' like family, hey? I show something to my family members and they go buy something like it at Williams-Sonoma or (worse!) Wally World. They also can't wait to tell me how much cheaper it was. I usually just point out that the operative word is "cheap" and walk away from them. It's not easy to do, though, is it? I just stay out of their kitchen and turn away when they start trash talking. They're not worth a heart attack.

Just remember, back in Nazareth, Jesus was just "...that carpenter's kid."

speedychef said:
I placed the order, and I even got her the Chef's tools to match! I am a REALLY good sister....even though I MAY still keep the 5 piece set...I guess only time will tell!
Good for you - now, don't ever bring it up and let the product speak for you.

When brother got married I was not part of the wedding at all. Thankfully, I was MUCH younger b/c if that happened these days they would hear all about it.

I commend you for getting such an excellent gift for what sounds like a very interesting family situation!

Thanks, KG! It sounds like your family is just like mine. My mom borrowed my citrus press, loved it, told me to order her one and then the next day called to say she bought one at TJ Maxx. All I could think is "I hope it breaks!" They seem to like the products they have, but they try to point out that they only bought them out of obligation. Pains in the butts, all of 'em!

WowThat's horrible. I can't imagine not registering with my sister if she was into PC. Since I'm the one into PC I know my sister will definitely register with me when she's ready for marriage. Which might not be anytime soon, she's only 20.

I can't believe that a family would not be supportive but I guess there's all kinds of people in the world. I know my SIL hates me, but that's because she's threatened by me. She acts like a child, is older than me and still lives with my in laws. She has always lived with my in-laws. :rolleyes:

Anyway my family is very supportive, especially my mother in law, mother, grandmother and aunts. I feel so bad go hear that your sister is not registering with you. I mean how could it hurt. And I don't think your pushing anything on her if you get her PC stuff. I mean for heaven's sake you sell the stuff, get a discount, why would you get her anything else?

My family knows that's what they are getting when holidays come around. They even hint as to what they want. It's never anything really expensive but it's encouraging that they want the stuff.

My mother has purchased some "cheaper" items, but that's because her budget doesn't allow for too much extra things. But she knows that the item won't last and actually tries to have a catalog show for me about every other month from her co-workers to get the host benefits.

Debbie :D

What type of kitchen tools and appliances do you recommend for a newlywed couple?

We recommend starting with basic essentials such as a good quality knife set, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a versatile cookware set. Other popular items for newlyweds include a slow cooker, food processor, and stand mixer.

How can I create a wedding registry with Pampered Chef?

Creating a wedding registry with Pampered Chef is easy! Simply visit our website and click on the "Create a Registry" button. From there, you can browse and add your desired items to your registry. You can also visit one of our store locations to create a registry in person.

Do you offer any special discounts or deals for wedding registries?

Yes, we offer a 10% completion discount for any items that were not purchased from your registry. We also offer a free gift for every $500 spent on your registry.

What are some popular items for a bridal shower gift?

Some popular items for a bridal shower gift include our Quick Cooker, Grill Pan, and Deluxe Air Fryer. These items are versatile and can help make meal preparation easier for the newlyweds.

Do you have any recipe ideas for newlyweds with busy schedules?

Absolutely! Our website offers a variety of easy and delicious recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less. We also have a collection of recipes specifically designed for busy couples. Additionally, our consultants are always happy to provide personalized recipe recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
diradt
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies