• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Something Fun to Do if You Are Bored...

Realists are often comfortable with the familiar and grounded in the practical. They look for ways to make things work efficiently and see the world around them in a realistic manner.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
I found this from a friend. It's pretty easy, takes a little bit of time (about 15-25 minutes), but is a cool way of learning more about yourself... Check out this personalily test: http://www.personaldna.com/

I am a benevolent artist:

*Tried adding the html here so you could see exactly what I am, but it didn't work, so if you click below you can see what exactly a benevolent artist is.*

http://www.personaldna.com/report.php?k=PrjvthEuEqgRmXi-DO-CDCDD-de6b
My Personal Dna Report

What are you? :)

Last edited:
That was fun! Here's my profile: I'm a Dynamic Leader

You are a Leader

Your solid grounding in the practicalities of life, along with your self-assuredness and your willingness to appreciate new things make you a LEADER.

You're in touch with what is going on around you and adept at remaining down-to-earth and logical.

Although you're detail-oriented, this doesn't mean that you lose the big picture.

You tend to find beauty in form and efficiency, as opposed to finding it in broad-based, abstract concepts.

Never one to pass on an adventure, you're consistently seeking and finding new things, even in your immediate surroundings.

Because of this eagerness to pursue new experiences, you've learned a lot; your attention to detail means that you gain a great deal from your adventures.

The intellectual curiosity that drives you leads you to seek out causes of and reasons behind things.

Your confidence gives you the potential to take your general awareness and channel it into leadership.

You're not set on one way of doing things, and you often have the skills and persistence to find innovative ways of facing challenges.

You are well-attuned to your talents, and can deal with most problems that you face.

You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

You are Dynamic

As someone who is DYNAMIC, you do not have a hard time meeting new people, and you have a bunch of close friends.

You are not overly concerned with what others may think about you, which leaves you free to be thoroughly involved in the world around you.

There are those who find being around people exhausting—but not you! Interacting with others, whether at a party or in conversation, gives you energy.

You have a strong sense of what the world is like and how it should be.

You have enormous respect for those who have earned their success, and have little patience for those who try to bend the rules or ride on the coattails of others' hard work.

Believing in the importance of integrity and hard work doesn't stop you from believing that people will do the right thing—you know that people are good at heart.

You sometimes have trouble understanding why others feel the way they do, but it doesn't stop you from having faith and trust in those around you.

Part of what makes engaging with people so interesting for you is that you occasionally learn something new about yourself or about a problem you're having when discussing things with others.

Your strong worldview leads you to believe that people shouldn't rely on their emotions so much when making decisions.

You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

It's actually pretty accurate. I'm printing it off to show The Furry Guy. I'm curious to know if he sees it as accurate as well. I'm a firm believer that few of us view ourselves as others see us.

So, Alison, do you think that's an accurate picture of who you are?

I'm an encouraging analyst!! That was fun!

I'm an Advocating RealistYou are a RealistYour attention to detail, appreciation of how things function, and awareness of the world around you make you a REALIST.Routines are reassuring to you—you feel safer and more at ease when sticking with familiar things.You like to stay close with those around you, seeking comfort from familiar faces.You are interested in processes—how things work, what they do, and why—not just how things look.Sometimes you doubt that you can find solutions to problems, although you have a good sense of why things happen, and can use that knowledge to find the best way to do something.You are down to earth, concerned more with practical, detail-oriented things than with dreamy or ambiguous ideas.You have a good sense of your abilities and weaknesses, and don't let your ego get in your way.You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.You are AdvocatingBeing social, empathic, and understanding makes you ADVOCATING.Some people find being around others exhausting—but not you! You are energized by spending time with friends, and you are good at meeting new people.One of the reasons you enjoy conversation as much as you do is that you often learn about yourself while talking things out with a friend; you realize things about your own beliefs while discussing them with others.You have insight into what others are thinking and feeling. This ability allows you to be happy for others, and to commiserate when something has gone wrong for them.You are highly compassionate, and being conscious of how things affect those close to you leaves you cautious about trusting others too hastily.Despite these reservations, you are open-minded when it comes to your worldview; you don't look to impose your ways on others.Your sensitivity towards others' plights contributes to an understanding—both intellectual and emotional—of many different perspectives.As someone who understands the complexities of the world around you, you are reluctant to pass judgments.You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.-=-=-
I agree with most of it, although I do find it difficult to meet new people.

I'm an Independent Director...

You Are a Director
As a DIRECTOR, you combine an unusual openness and passion for beauty and style with confidence and a down-to-earth sensibility that allow you to realize your vision.

You are practical and pay attention to the details that others tend to miss.

By focusing on what is real and concrete, you achieve more than those who always have their heads in the clouds.

When it comes to what really matters in your life, you are confident in your ability to succeed.

Having beautiful things in your life gives you pleasure and satisfaction - you have a keen eye for style.

Even when problems present themselves, deep down you know you will overcome these challenges.

When routines get too familiar, you become bored and start looking for ways to spice things up.

You are open to new types of experiences – you are not afraid to take a risk on something new.

You have a highly developed sense of taste – you know what looks good on you, in your home, and in the world at large.

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

You are a fashion maven, up on trends, but distinct in your own style. You don't follow trends, you set them.

The control you feel over your life is empowering to you-- you believe in your abilities and acknowledge your shortcomings. Explanations of the world that focus on destiny or fate don't really interest you. You take responsibility for what goes wrong in your life, and also for what goes well.

You Are Independent
Your inward focus, trusting nature, and sharp sense of right and wrong make you INDEPENDENT.

Your thoughts and actions are not reliant on what others think about you; you have a clearly defined moral structure.

When it comes to others, you are very practical, expecting people to take care of themselves.

You generally believe the best about people, but you hold them to high standards.

Similarly, you believe in maintaining integrity, honor, and a sense of respect for those who have earned their success.

Trust needs to be earned with you; you're slow to forgive when people have violated your trust.

Spending time alone means a lot to you, as does keeping certain things private.

You quietly observe a lot about the world, giving you a keen sense of both how things are and how things should be.

You've learned that you need to prioritize your own feelings, as opposed to always considering others' feelings first.

You prefer to have time to plan for things, feeling better with a schedule than with keeping plans up in the air until the last minute.

You are a fashion maven, up on trends, but distinct in your own style. You don't follow trends, you set them.

The control you feel over your life is empowering to you-- you believe in your abilities and acknowledge your shortcomings. Explanations of the world that focus on destiny or fate don't really interest you. You take responsibility for what goes wrong in your life, and also for what goes well.

TwinGirlsMom said:

With 5 personal recruits you can really make that accurate :) :)

raebates said:
So, Alison, do you think that's an accurate picture of who you are?

I mostly agree with what it says about me... I don't see myself as such the artist that it tells me I am, but I guess I am pretty creative in a non-traditional way (I just like using the computer to express my creativity, as I am too much a perfectionist to ever like what I make on my own). :rolleyes:

I think that some of those questions might have different answers depending on how you are feeling on a particular day. It would be interesting to take it again when I was feeling differently (I've been in a quiet mood this week, normally I am much more outgoing).

Rae, do you feel it was accurate of yourself?

I really do. It's a much different profile than it would have been several years ago, but, then again, I've changed a lot in the past several years.

yummybytes said:
With 5 personal recruits you can really make that accurate :) :)

I know...I thought it was a little ironic that I am an Independent Director having zero recruits! Haha... But seriously, can I still put that on my tagline?:p

TwinGirlsMom said:
I know...I thought it was a little ironic that I am an Independent Director having zero recruits! Haha... But seriously, can I still put that on my tagline?:p
Me too, my profile was the Ind Director also but yet not 1 recruit under me!:rolleyes: ha-ha

Benevolent Idealist?Maybe in high school, but I'm not sure about now.It's amazing what people can do with a basic Meyers-Briggs test to make it more fun!

I'm a considerate analyst...

You are an Analyst

Your attention to detail, confidence, sense of order, and focus on functionality combine to make you an ANALYST.

You are very curious about how things work, delving into the mechanics behind things.

Along those lines, how well something works is usually more important to you than what it looks like.

You find beauty and wonder mainly in concrete, functional, earthly things.

You are very aware of your own abilities, and you believe that you will find the best way of doing things.

Accordingly, problems do not intimidate you, as you believe in yourself.

You trust yourself to find solutions within the boundaries of your knowledge.

You don't spend a lot of time imagining how things could be different—you're well-grounded in the here-and-now.

It is important for you to follow a routine, and you prefer the familiar to the unknown.

You're not one to force your positions on a group, and you tend to be fair in evaluating different options.

You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

You are Considerate

You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.

You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.

You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.

Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.

Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.

Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.

You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.

Your close friends know you as a good listener.

You're not one to force your positions on a group, and you tend to be fair in evaluating different options.

You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

TwinGirlsMom said:

QUOTE]

Me too!!!! LOL! And I am only two away from that happening!

I am an animated inventor. Fun quiz! Thanks.

I am an Animated Creator. That was fun!

I am an Advocating Inventor.....interesting how I have changed over the years - I have taken the Meyers-Briggs Personality test many times, but not for many years.If you want to read more info about this, check out the book Please Understand Me. With detailed discriptions on all of the personality types, including what they look like in children.

I'm a Free-Wheeling Leader. It fits.

I think I'll have my dh do this, too, and then we'll assess each other. I'd be curious to see how he sees me.

What are some fun activities to do if you are bored?

1. Get creative in the kitchen by trying out a new recipe or experimenting with ingredients to create your own dish.

2. Have a movie marathon with your favorite films or discover new ones.

3. Take a walk or hike and explore your neighborhood or a nearby park.

4. Organize a game night with your friends or family and play some classic board games or try out new ones.

5. Learn a new skill or hobby, such as painting, knitting, or playing an instrument.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Jessamary
  • General Chat
Replies