• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Something Fun: Brushes With Fame!

In summary, my uncle's brother-in-law's ex-companion is Elton John. I never met him, but when my Granny died, other people sent flowers and Elton John sent a tree. I sold Melena Kanakeredis refills for her day planner twice while I was in college. My dad's cousin (so I guess that would be my second cousin?) is Julie Budd. If you're from the New England/New York area, you probably know who she is. I got to interview Loretta Lynn when I was a reporter and she let me sit on her stage while she gave a concert! So, come on Cheffers. Name drop! My DH is
Jessamary
I thought it could be fun to see what famous people cheffers are related to, had contact with, or saw from afar.

I'll start. My uncle's brother-in-law's ex-companion is Elton John. I never met him, but when my Granny died, other people sent flowers and Elton John sent a tree.

I have sold Melena Kanakeredis refills for her day planner twice while I was in college.

My dad's cousin (so I guess that would be my second cousin?) is Julie Budd. If you're from the New England/New York area, you probably know who she is.

I got to interview Loretta Lynn when I was a reporter and she let me sit on her stage while she gave a concert!

So, come on Cheffers. Name drop! :cool:

My DH is related to Brigham Young (distantly - and no we aren't Mormans). Brigham Young's mom's maiden name was Brigham (that's the relation line). Steve Young (football star) is a relative of Brigham Young so that makes him our relative too. :cool:

My son sent Steve a letter once but he never replied.

Also, my maiden name is Schlitz - just like the beer that made Milwaukee famous. We are related but the money went with his partner's family when Joe Schlitz's widow married him.

I used to live in Los Angeles and my DH worked in the entertainment industry, so my list is long. I don't know where to start...One of note is that my DH spent some time with Heath Ledger. May he be at rest. :(

When I was about 8, Patrick Duffy & a female Dallas co-star of his (don't remember her name) watched fireworks for the 4th of July in our hotel room in St. Louis.

Just recently I hung out with country star Luke Bryan before & after his concert at our county fair. He even took some of my homemade pickles on the road with him. :D

Oh I have had tons..

I've been to soo many concerts and have been up and close to so many famous people. Just to name a few:

Michael J Fox
Steven Seagal
Bill and Chelsea Clinton (in Rome of all places)
Pope John Paul 2nd
Cher
Jon Bon Jovi
Christian Slater
Sarah McLachlan
Bryan Adams
I have met our Primer of BC and a few other politicians
My Auntie's brother was Tony Onley, he passed away in 2004. He was the first Canadian artist to sell a piece of artwork for over a million $$.

I met Prince Charles & Princess Diana when I was in 2nd grade.
My parents were at a small garden party with them (My dad was a politician at the time).I performed for the Prime Minister when I was in gr 1 at a local community fair.My brother used to do stand-up comedy & has if friendly with a variety of famous comics.I called into "The late Late Show" (hosted by Tom Snyder) & spoke to Jack Wagner (my first childhood crush) when in university. Jack Wagner made a joke about my name :(

I think that's it. Nothing too exciting for me.

This is fun to read...

As for me, I went to school with Debra Messing from Will and Grace...no I do not know her..I just went to school with her.

My maiden name is Hope and I used to tell everyone growing up that I was related to Bob Hope, he was my uncle, even though he wasn't. It was fun to say though.:D

O yeah I met John Berry, Carrot Top, David Hasselhoff.
A student I taught for over 5 years that has Autism personally met Clay Aiken. He was so thrilled and the pictures of the both of them together were great. I was supposed to speak for the Bubel-Aiken Autism foundation when they were going to do a Gala but it never happened. So, I ALMOST met Clay Aiken myself.

Tina

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
I used to live in Los Angeles and my DH worked in the entertainment industry, so my list is long. I don't know where to start...

One of note is that my DH spent some time with Heath Ledger. May he be at rest. :(

I was just talking to DH about him the other day....I get all weepy every time that I think of him being gone! Doesn't make sense...not like I knew him or anything, but from my reaction to his death, you would think I did! I think he is just one of those who you just KNOW are gonnna do great work their whole lives and now he is gone so early....

:cry::cry::cry:

I think the most "famous" person I ever saw was Shirley Mulldowney....she is the FIRST WOMAN drag racing champ. I was about 8 and just in awe of her. She was very sweet to me when I met her!

ooh... forgot... I met & got autographs from some MLB players when I went to my first Red Sox game (I got signiatures from the Jays players, of course. Stupid me.)

I'm from Arkansas so this is no surprise to ya'll probably but I've met Bill Clinton, George Bush, and of course Mike Huckabee. Actually Mike is really close friends with my family. Also George Bush is a great remember of names - my dad sees him each time he is in the state.
I've met Jermain Taylor, he was the boxing champion before he switched trainers - that's another story - but my dad was the head of the State's athletic commission so I've seen him a few times.
While in LA I saw a lot of celebs but nothing big.
I met & had my picture taken with one of the bachlors - the one from St Louis - he was here looking into opening a restaurant - I was the first to notice him after my picture w/him the girls almost attacked him. I felt bad :(
I've met Corlis Williamson he was a pro basketball player & he is from Arkansas. He won the 6th man award, I think more than once. His wife has bought a few vacuums from me.
I had college classes at school with Derrick Fisher of the LA Lakers. He too is from Arkansas. I saw him in LA during a autograph signing & no he really didn't remember me from school. Oh well. LOL
This is just from the laugh factor....when I was 20 something & went to both Disneys LA & FL in the same year I got as many pics with the charactors as I could. LOL I was the only adult in all the lines:)
I met Reba McEntire before she was big.
I saw Justin Timberlake at my resort hotel but didn't have the nerve to ask for a picture together.
I met Pam Tillis
I use to hang out with Jerry Jones & Jerry Jones Jr every year at our Duck Gumbo. He always brings the Cowboy bus down & we'd ride from the different clubs with them.
I went out with a Rockefeller & yes he was really a Rockefeller - his grandfather moved to Arkansas back in the 60's or 70's and his dad stayed here.
Thats all I can think of now.

Anne Murray lived next door to my Grandparents & sat at my grandmother's kitchen table discussing whether or not to pursue her music career. She also attended university with my FIL.

KellyTheChef said:
I was just talking to DH about him the other day....I get all weepy every time that I think of him being gone! Doesn't make sense...not like I knew him or anything, but from my reaction to his death, you would think I did! I think he is just one of those who you just KNOW are gonnna do great work their whole lives and now he is gone so early....

:cry::cry::cry:

I think the most "famous" person I ever saw was Shirley Mulldowney....she is the FIRST WOMAN drag racing champ. I was about 8 and just in awe of her. She was very sweet to me when I met her!

I love the movie that was made about her...Heart like a Wheel. I watch it all the time. Gives me ton of inspiration.

I forgot to add that Sandi Patty hugged me at the Women of Faith conference in St. Louis. Well, it was at the Qdobo Express afterwards.

My ex-husband's cousin was David Letterman's college roommate.My dad worked for Mutual of Omaha. Remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom? I have a picture (buried in a box somewhere) of me sitting on Marlin Perkins' lap. I was about 12.

I have met and sung under the baton of Eric Kunzel, including a small-group section (only 6 of us). When I asked him for an autograph on a CD, he made a really lame joke about it being a gold record (because the CD was gold colored).DH met John Williams earlier this year.

My parents were very close and live 3 houses away with designer Liz Claiborne - she actually came to my wedding etc.

Being in the restaurant/bar industry - we do alot of advertising - so I get a lot of perks - we have had Cold Play in our club (playing!), met Jennifer Love Hewitt, Kevin Little, Nina SKye, Jerry Springer, etc - I can't even remember - My daughters will tell you that they got kissed (and have photos to prove it!) by Jesse McCarthy when he was in that boy band (can't remember the name!) O-town?? The radio stations would give us and we would pay for tons of stuff -

I have "appeared" on Family Feud, Sally Jesse Rafeal, The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, A Met Game~!

Take a look at my newest photos I actually listed on my profile - from another promo - a ESPN cruise around Manhattan with some Baseball stars - (funny thing - I don't do baseball - LOL!!)

Last edited:
DH and I were in the same hotel as the Rolling Stones while in Berlin for our anniversary last summer (we lived in Germany at the time). The paparazzi were insane. The closest we got to them was sitting next to some of the road crew in the hotel bar. (Those guys looked like they'd been on the road for years.)

My real father, before he died, fit Jimmy Stewart (from It's a Wonderful Life) with glasses, when his broke during a film shoot.

I have met Tommy Lee Jones (he was drunk, and not very nice)

I cut Joe Montana's hair when I lived in CA... He is not a good tipper...

My Dad is Jamacain and grew up with Harry Belafonte.
They had a "disagreement" over a girl when they were teenagers and whenever I see Shari Belafonte on TV I holler "my Daddy beat your Daddy up!!"

I've met (actually stalked is a better word) Charles Barkley~he and I both went to Auburn University, and he was in a glof tournament when I live in NC....I ran behind the cart yelling "War Eagle"

DH has met Van Halen. And he went to college with Sandra Bullock, although they never met (although he would have liked it very much if they had!)

My daughter was in a movie a couple of years ago called For the love of a Dog and Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson) was in it. We spent 8 hours on set one day and ate lunch with him and the crew. The same day country singer Phil Vassar who played the vet came and done his scene and my daughter was in the scene with him.
I grew up in Lynchburg, Tennessee and met Johnny Cash walking the square in the 70's. I met William Lee Golden from the Oakridge Boys country band.

I *almost* literally ran into Shirley Jones (from the Partridge Family) at the Detroit Metro airport about 4 years ago. She was coming out of the ladies room at the same time I was going in and I, well...I wasn't paying attention and almost bumped into her.

My ex went to school with Tom Welling (from Smallville), but unfortunately I never got to meet him. :cry:

My mom got to meet Darryl Hall and John Oates way back in the day while she was working at a gas station and their tour bus made a pit stop.

Kitchen Diva said:
My real father, before he died, fit Jimmy Stewart (from It's a Wonderful Life) with glasses, when his broke during a film shoot.

I have met Tommy Lee Jones (he was drunk, and not very nice)

I cut Joe Montana's hair when I lived in CA... He is not a good tipper...

I was in a grocery store commercial when I was 8 years old- I forgot about that... I know there's more but I have to sit and remember- my brain dumps things so that it can take in more new things! :)

I've been on the evening news in Nebraska-

My dad's first cousin is Vince Papale, who is famous for making the Philadelphia Eagles professional football team at 30 years old as a walk-on. His story was featured in the movie "Invincible", starring Mark Wahlberg, 2 years ago.

Growing up, that was my last name (until 12 years ago!), so I always got the question, "Are you related to Vince?!" - esp. from Philly Eagles fans - it was always fun to say "YES!" He actually came to the May Fair at my elementary school when I was in 4th grade (sis was in 3rd, bro was in 1st) and we were the COOLEST kids in the school that year (it was right after he stopped playing).

I also ran into Penn Gillette (of Penn & Teller) in NYC at an Au Bon Pain on New Year's Day - he had a "Planet Hollywood" jacket on and I recognized his long hair and said to my DH, "HEY! That's Penn!" He turned around and looked at me and said, "How 'ya doin'?" Very nice! :)

A good friend of mine rode the elevator with Sean Penn when he was making the movie "The Game" in San Francisco with Michael Douglas. She was a little tipsy at the time, and she pointed to him and said, "Dead Man Walking!" LOL!!! :D

My sister ran in to Rob Lowe on a street corner in Dayton, Ohio when he was visiting his dad. She was so excited, she kept smacking his arm saying "You're Rob Lowe! You're Rob Lowe!" He just stared at her :)

I've met some Christian music artists...Rich Mullins complimented me on my pink tennis shoes. He looked down and said, "Amy (Grant) gave me these!" I was so excited to meet him AND have him casually mention Amy Grant. I've met David Meece...when he was young and wearing leather..woo hoo!!

My SIL interviewed Vanna White for a magazine article and then my brother and her attended a taping...we saw them in the audience.

The airport bathroom post reminded me. I was in Logan Airport this April early in the morning. There was a long line at Dunkin Donuts (I don't get it...it's like a religion out there.) Anyway, the lady at the front of the line was taking forever with her order and kept changing her mind about things...making the rest of the people behind her mad, as well as the cashier. Anyway, this really nice guy in front of me starts talking to me and I told him I was afraid when I got up there I wouldn't know how to order efficiently. He told me to watch him and learn. And when I was done, he asked how I did. We made small talk about where he was from, what he did, etc.

It was Hootie.

As in Hootie and the Blowfish. (Okay, I know he's not named Hootie...Darius Rucker.) Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool Hootie was helping me with my first Dunkin Donuts experience!

I have met
Tim McGraw
Keith Anderson
Lonestar
Jimmy Wayne
Mark Wills
Josh Gracin
Donnie Van Zant (Lynard Skynard,Van Zant) Johnny Van Zant ( 38 Special,Van Zant)
Chuck Wicks
LL Cool J
Tiffany
Mark Wahlberg
New Kids on the Block-Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan and Jon Knight, Danny Wood and Joe McIntyre
and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

Oh, yeah, I've been on local (Marion, IN) TV many times. I also met and got the autograph of Bill Engvall. Here's your sign.

When my husband worked at the Boca Raton Resort, he met Ronald Reagan and George Bush (the first one) while he was President.

My grandfather was a Rotarian and good friends with Mr. Rogers and Captain Kangaroo (I know that's not his real name, but I don't know what it actually was)...also Bozo the Clown. I bet you didn't know they were Rotarians! :rolleyes:

My mother grew up with Robert Morse (the actor from the old movie "How to make Money without Really Trying)...he came to our house for dinner when I was around 12.

I got to sit backstage to watch Don McLean (Bye, Bye Miss American Pie).

I got to go backstage after an Aerosmith concert and was within 10 feet of the band (I was 15 and thought it was WAY cool to just be that close!)

I coordinated a cocktail party for Mikail Barishnikov and his dance company. I was so bummed when he blew the reception off! :( He was like my hero growing up.

Jessamary said:
The airport bathroom post reminded me. I was in Logan Airport this April early in the morning. There was a long line at Dunkin Donuts (I don't get it...it's like a religion out there.) Anyway, the lady at the front of the line was taking forever with her order and kept changing her mind about things...making the rest of the people behind her mad, as well as the cashier. Anyway, this really nice guy in front of me starts talking to me and I told him I was afraid when I got up there I wouldn't know how to order efficiently. He told me to watch him and learn. And when I was done, he asked how I did. We made small talk about where he was from, what he did, etc.

It was Hootie.

As in Hootie and the Blowfish. (Okay, I know he's not named Hootie...Darius Rucker.) Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool Hootie was helping me with my first Dunkin Donuts experience!

DUNKIN DONUTS is a necessity to us New Englanders...We all walk around with a detachable IV waiting and ready for our next fill...LOL!! My new husband and I are probably moving to Texas sometime soon and I am already having withdrawls!! I told everyone to send me D&D carepacks for bdays and holidays!! LOL!!!:balloon:
Tina

I called Orel Hershiser a liar. Ok, not exactly, but . . . one day I was at work (I worked for a company that packed and shipped antiques and household items). My boss left to run an errand, right after we had a conversation about the SF Giants (I was living in California still). A few minutes later the phone rings, and a man says "Hi. My name is Orel Hershiser." I said "Yeah, right." Pregnant pause. "Umm, really." "OH!! Mr. Hershiser, how may I help you?" He was sooo nice - exactly what you'd expect. This was when he was in the process of leaving the Giants, and moved back to Florida. We shipped his whole household for him. My bosses came back from packing with autographed photos for me and my family. Mr. Hershiser also left tickets for me, my children, and my sister at Pac Bell park to watch a game in which he was pitching. Good seats, too!!

I also spoke to Bronson Pinchot when we shipped a table for him.

You have to be old to remember this show, but when my sister graduated high school she took a trip to London by herself. This was back in the day when people could wait at the gate with you. So, Mom, sisters, and I were all at the gate. There is a young couple there, crying and hugging good-bye. Suddenly, we realize the guy is Lance Kerwin from "James at 16"!!!

A friend of a friend works for the SF office of the same law firm as Anne Hathaway's dad (do you know that's him playing her Prince father in the movie?).

I also have the dubious distinction of growing up in the same town as Rob Schneider. My best friend went to school with him, and I've worked on a volunteer project with his mom (SHE'S nice!).

Ok, that's it . . . for now.

pampchefsarah said:
You have to be old to remember this show, but when my sister graduated high school she took a trip to London by herself. This was back in the day when people could wait at the gate with you. So, Mom, sisters, and I were all at the gate. There is a young couple there, crying and hugging good-bye. Suddenly, we realize the guy is Lance Kerwin from "James at 16"!!!

OMG! I loved that show! I know, I'm dating myself :blushing: I had such a crush on Lance Kerwin...Last time I saw him he'd lost his hair.

pampchefsarah said:

Are you calling me old!?! :grumpy: He was great in Salem's Lot (a made for TV mini-series). I had a (boy)friend in high school who looked a lot like Lance. . .just had dark hair instead of blonde.

how exciting to met all these people. I guess I will add mine...
In 1993(maybe the picture has the dates on it) my parents lived next door to a DJ, always getting tickets and backstage passes to concerts. I was in for a visit and they knew I was having a hard time so they took me to a John Michael Magomery concert and backstage.(he is a really nice and funny person--although not much knowledge on working a manual camera..lol)

My great uncle is the famous Richard Petty, who I haven't met, but my sister did. That's the extent of my meet and great

I was on the television when I was a kid.

My mother made me get down before I fell and hurt myself.

Forgot about the Sweedish hocky team that came to WA for the Goodwill Games. My mother used to work for a papermill and they were always sponsersoing things like that. It so happened I was "free" that day so we had lunch with the team at a local winery.

GeorgiaPeach said:
My sister ran in to Rob Lowe on a street corner in Dayton, Ohio when he was visiting his dad. She was so excited, she kept smacking his arm saying "You're Rob Lowe! You're Rob Lowe!" He just stared at her :)

I've met some Christian music artists...Rich Mullins complimented me on my pink tennis shoes. He looked down and said, "Amy (Grant) gave me these!" I was so excited to meet him AND have him casually mention Amy Grant. I've met David Meece...when he was young and wearing leather..woo hoo!!

My SIL interviewed Vanna White for a magazine article and then my brother and her attended a taping...we saw them in the audience.

I have met many many Christian recording artists...and authors. I managed a Family Christian Store for several years (3 different stores in 2 states) and every year at our National Conference, we would have Concerts featuring different labels every night. They were very intimate concerts, seeing that at that time, there were probably about 200 stores - so about 200 managers, plus HO personnel. I have met:
My favorite - Rich Mullins! I was in love with him and his music. He proposed to me at dinner one evening, but it was just because my "friends" put him up to it...and I have a picture of him hugging me - and I have this deer in the headlights look on my face! He invited a bunch of us to come to his hotel room after the concert, and we all just sat around a talked and he played and sang.....what a fun night!

Also:
4Him
Point of Grace
Steven Curtis Chapman
Geoff Moore
Rebecca St. James (right after she signed, and before her first album!)
Scott Krippayne
Wayne Watson
Michael W. Smith (I sat about 3 feet from him and his piano!)
Kathy Troccoli
Phillips, Craig, & Dean
and so many others....

I also met several during in-store signings - Music Artists and Authors.

My dad was an extra in Little Big League (about the teen who inherits the MN Twins) and he knew a bunch of the people working on the movie, so I got to have lunch with Luke Edwards.As I was very involved in college and still am (as I work at one) I have met Blue October and Soul Asylum. I also have got to hang out and chat with members of Blue October and Bone Crusher.My great-uncle was in politics and one of his best friends is Walter Mondale so I got to meet him at my cousin's wedding (I was so awestruck that I was so close to him that I couldn't put together a real sentence - I was in high school)

cathyskitchen said:
My dad's first cousin is Vince Papale, who is famous for making the Philadelphia Eagles professional football team at 30 years old as a walk-on. His story was featured in the movie "Invincible", starring Mark Wahlberg, 2 years ago.

Growing up, that was my last name (until 12 years ago!), so I always got the question, "Are you related to Vince?!" - esp. from Philly Eagles fans - it was always fun to say "YES!" He actually came to the May Fair at my elementary school when I was in 4th grade (sis was in 3rd, bro was in 1st) and we were the COOLEST kids in the school that year (it was right after he stopped playing).

I also ran into Penn Gillette (of Penn & Teller) in NYC at an Au Bon Pain on New Year's Day - he had a "Planet Hollywood" jacket on and I recognized his long hair and said to my DH, "HEY! That's Penn!" He turned around and looked at me and said, "How 'ya doin'?" Very nice! :)

A good friend of mine rode the elevator with Sean Penn when he was making the movie "The Game" in San Francisco with Michael Douglas. She was a little tipsy at the time, and she pointed to him and said, "Dead Man Walking!" LOL!!! :D

LOVE that movie!! I own it & I cry my eyes out everytime! That is soooo cool!

Oh yeah... I've met a ton of athletes in baseball, football and basketball through winning contests and being super involved in high school, and the fact my dad's boss was a former pro-football player, so I got to go to games a ton when I was young.

I was on the plane once when I was little with Burt Bacharach (sp?)- "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head!" :sing:

I was in the studio audience of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" with Regis Philbin. You could even see my legs on tv!

I met Reba McEntire and John Ritter (Jack Tripper from Three's Company)-(he wasn't real pleasant) in New York after their Broadway shows! Got their autograph too! Also met THE FONZ! (Henry Winkler from Happy Days) Got a picture too! (it's somewhere???)

There may be more. Have to think and don't want to now. Gotta headache.

Working in Country radio I've met most all of the country artists and a lot of their spouses. Nicole Kidman, however, still alludes me... although I think everyone else in Nashville has run into her at Starbucks.

It's more fun for me to introduce other people to them. Like setting up my parents with the Oak Ridge Boys, or my daughter (who had her picture taken with Garth as a baby) to meet Taylor Swift.

There have been a bunch of people outside of music I've met that I'm blanking on at the moment... Olympic gymnast Shannon Miller was neat.

I may have to come back to this. Love reading these stories -- especially Darius at the Dunkin' Donuts! He's a neat guy -- REALLY knows his country music!

Oh! Edit -- Larry King! His wife had a country music deal for a while, and she brought him into the studio a couple of times. Hysterically funny they were. Storme Warren (from GAC's Country Music Across America) is a co-worker, and I ran into James Carville in the company cafeteria one time.

Last edited:
Marcia Cross (Bri on Desperate Housewives) grew up in my city right up the street from me. She went to school with my cousins. I actually had her mom and her sister for teachers in middle school.

My girlfriends and I went into Boston to see the band Lifehouse. We stayed over night and were heading down to the lobby for a wine reception. Who do we run into but the entire band!!! We got pictures with them and everything. They are really cool guys.

Oh yeah... I've met a ton of congress(wo)men due to lobbying, volunteering and majoring in Political Science

That is soooo cool! She was one of my idols when I was in high school. I am a gear-head and remember reading Don Garlit's (sp?) autobiography when I was a senior.

I really have not met anyone famous but have friends in racing and my husband, son, and I help with a land speed racing team.

My family claims to be related to Alexander Graham Bell --- too bad we do not get any discounts on the phone bill though!

KellyTheChef said:

That is soooo cool! She was one of my idols when I was in high school. I am a gear-head and remember reading Don Garlit's (sp?) autobiography then.

I really have not met anyone famous but have friends in racing and my husband, son, and I help with a land speed racing team. My son has great talent for racing (like his dad) so maybe one day. . .

My family claims to be related to Alexander Graham Bell --- too bad we do not get any discounts on the phone bill though!

oh shoot... totally forgot I met Kal Penn (from House and the Harold and Kumar movies) when I was in DC this summer for a conference.I also was within 10 feet from Mark Cohn (the guy that sings Walkin' in Memphis), and the group Ozomatli and Greg Proops (the comedian).I was in the same room as 3 supreme court justices (Scalia, Souter and Ginsberg), Hugh Hefner's daughter - Christie, Arianna Huffington, Arien SpectorWow - that was a busy 3 days!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have met many many Christian recording artists...and authors. I managed a Family Christian Store for several years (3 different stores in 2 states) and every year at our National Conference, we would have Concerts featuring different labels every night. They were very intimate concerts, seeing that at that time, there were probably about 200 stores - so about 200 managers, plus HO personnel. I have met:
My favorite - Rich Mullins! I was in love with him and his music. He proposed to me at dinner one evening, but it was just because my "friends" put him up to it...and I have a picture of him hugging me - and I have this deer in the headlights look on my face! He invited a bunch of us to come to his hotel room after the concert, and we all just sat around a talked and he played and sang.....what a fun night!

Also:
4Him
Point of Grace
Steven Curtis Chapman
Geoff Moore
Rebecca St. James (right after she signed, and before her first album!)
Scott Krippayne
Wayne Watson
Michael W. Smith (I sat about 3 feet from him and his piano!)
Kathy Troccoli
Phillips, Craig, & Dean
and so many others....

I also met several during in-store signings - Music Artists and Authors.

Funny how this thread is making me think back and remember these things :)

I actually met Rich Mullins before he was "Rich Mullins". He sang at my church camp with a group from his college. I "stalked" 4Him to over 10 concerts in 3 states. My best friend was in love with Marty and we went everywhere to see them. I've also had my pic taken with Kathy Troccoli.

My DH and DD met Big Daddy Weave at their first album release.

My brother shook Richard Nixon's hand. He flew in to my hometown (Xenia, Ohio) after it was destroyed by a tornado.

My sons have met several of the Packers, including Brett Favre. My niece babysat for the Favres. My son touched Reggie White's shoulder - he (DS) was about 7 and was so excited!

That same son wanted to change is name. His name is Michael and he wanted it to be Michael Jordan because he so worshipped him. For the longest time he told everyone his name was Michael Jordan Craig Brigham. We told him that if he still wanted to change it when he turned 16 he could - he didn't.

My husband saw an actor (I'll have to get back to you on who) in an airport and he knew him but couldn't think of his name so he didn't say anything even though they had eye contact. I tease him endlessly about that - he could have said SOMETHING! The actor was in Air Force One and a lot of other movies. I hate when a name is right there...

Harrison Ford? Gary Oldman? William H. Macy?

BethCooks4U said:
My sons have met several of the Packers, including Brett Favre. My niece babysat for the Favres. My son touched Reggie White's shoulder - he (DS) was about 7 and was so excited!

That same son wanted to change is name. His name is Michael and he wanted it to be Michael Jordan because he so worshipped him. For the longest time he told everyone his name was Michael Jordan Craig Brigham. We told him that if he still wanted to change it when he turned 16 he could - he didn't.

My husband saw an actor (I'll have to get back to you on who) in an airport and he knew him but couldn't think of his name so he didn't say anything even though they had eye contact. I tease him endlessly about that - he could have said SOMETHING! The actor was in Air Force One and a lot of other movies. I hate when a name is right there...
Harrison Ford???

Ooh -- I rode an elevator with Al Gore not long ago. I was too stunned to say anything. Funny thing was, I recognized his voice first, then had to turn around and gawk.

<H2>1. Who is the most famous person you are related to or have had contact with?</H2><p>My uncle's brother-in-law's ex-companion is Elton John. I never met him, but when my Granny died, other people sent flowers and Elton John sent a tree.</p><H2>2. Have you ever had any interactions with celebrities through your job?</H2><p>I have sold Melena Kanakeredis refills for her day planner twice while I was in college.</p><H2>3. Is there anyone in your family who is a celebrity?</H2><p>My dad's cousin (so I guess that would be my second cousin?) is Julie Budd. If you're from the New England/New York area, you probably know who she is.</p><H2>4. Have you ever met a celebrity while working as a reporter?</H2><p>I got to interview Loretta Lynn when I was a reporter and she let me sit on her stage while she gave a concert!</p><H2>5. Can you share any memorable experiences you've had with famous people?</H2><p>One time, while working as a reporter, I got to interview Loretta Lynn and sit on her stage during her concert. It was an incredible experience and one I will never forget.</p>

1. Who is the most famous person you are related to or have had contact with?

My uncle's brother-in-law's ex-companion is Elton John. I never met him, but when my Granny died, other people sent flowers and Elton John sent a tree.

2. Have you ever had any interactions with celebrities through your job?

I have sold Melena Kanakeredis refills for her day planner twice while I was in college.

3. Is there anyone in your family who is a celebrity?

My dad's cousin (so I guess that would be my second cousin?) is Julie Budd. If you're from the New England/New York area, you probably know who she is.

4. Have you ever met a celebrity while working as a reporter?

I got to interview Loretta Lynn when I was a reporter and she let me sit on her stage while she gave a concert!

5. Can you share any memorable experiences you've had with famous people?

One time, while working as a reporter, I got to interview Loretta Lynn and sit on her stage during her concert. It was an incredible experience and one I will never forget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • AJPratt