• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soHow Did You Do Handling Stress Over the Holidays?

or to judge her morals for that matter (you mentioned that you would never say that, but you did in your post). And honestly, you don't really know if it would be very little effort on her part. We can never know what others experiences are.
DebPC
Staff member
I did pretty well. There were only 1 or 2 days where I was a little crabby.

I did fine - I tend not to stress out much - my friends are always telling me how mellow and laid back I am. Plus having the kids home since 12/20 has helped too - I get to sleep in and be lazy and enjoy them as well.

I refuse stress during the holidays. A few years ago, DH and I agreed to some of the principles laid out in the book "Unplug the Christmas Machine" and it's helped a LOT. No more guilt.. no more rushing and worrying about finding 'just the right gift'. We spend time with family to relax and enjoy and no guilt to those who wish to stay home... Any holiday is a lot more enjoyable when you remove expectations and pressure.

Need help with a very unmotivated consultant:indifferent0016:I have a consultant who I don't think is exactly a kitnapper, but she is not organized and I think just lazy. She signed in October, and has done NOTHING.Not even during the holidays! Not even one sale or show. I don't think she's a kitnapper, because she has almost everything in the catalog already. She has every excuse in the book "my kids keep me busy" is her main one--(tell me, who's kids DON'T keep them busy?), came to one cluster meeting, no others, no response to any of my emails, I sent out a goals packet to everyone on my team and asked them to respond by email or snail mail by yesterday, did an email reminder and a post calls reminder and a voice mail reminder--she never answers her phone--I really want to either get her moving or pick up her kit from her. Does anyone have a diplomatic letter or words I could use to kick her in the hiney or get her to admit she's not going to do this? I've had kitnappers before, but this one is really irritating me, but I don't want to blow up all over her.

I think you just need to bless and release. Send her one last email or better yet write her a letter and mail it. Say that you think she would make a great consultant and you are here to help her but that you need to focus your attentions on those that are responding to your efforts. Match effort with effort.

I have one that I had to do the same with just last month. No response, ever. ...well ONCE - she sent me an email saying she was still excited but couldn't get bookings. I emailed lots of ideas and stressed that we should talk and that I was here to help her. No further communication after that.

I have no problem with blessing and releasing, but I really want to at least gently know that what she's doing is not acceptable. Here's the deal--you signed a contract. You agreed to do 4 shows or $1250--this woman has plenty of money and a lot of friends, she could probaby qualify with 1 show in her home. I feel very strongly that signing a contract is a committment and what she is doing is morally wrong. I would never say that because it's not my place to publicly judge someone, but this is something that she could do with very little effort on her part. I need to write her a letter or get her on the phone (very difficult) to let her know that she's not fulfilling her end of the bargain-once she qualifies I don't care what she does.

We understand how you feel... we've all been there at one time or another.The bottom line is that she did sign a contract... but it was a contract between her and PC... not her and you. It's not about you and it's not your job to "enforce" anything or to judge her morals for that matter (you mentioned that you would never say that, but you did in your post). And honestly, you don't really know if it would be very little effort on her part. We can never know what others experiences are.You've done your job... you've shared the opportunity and offered to train her. The rest is up to her. She's not doing it so it's no one's problem but hers. Focus your energies looking for your next great consultant. If she's going to do anything, she'll do it in her own time.

finley1991 said:
We understand how you feel... we've all been there at one time or another.

The bottom line is that she did sign a contract... but it was a contract between her and PC... not her and you. It's not about you and it's not your job to "enforce" anything or to judge her morals for that matter (you mentioned that you would never say that, but you did in your post). And honestly, you don't really know if it would be very little effort on her part. We can never know what others experiences are.

You've done your job... you've shared the opportunity and offered to train her. The rest is up to her. She's not doing it so it's no one's problem but hers. Focus your energies looking for your next great consultant. If she's going to do anything, she'll do it in her own time.

Excellent answer Colleen!

I would add that it does not say in the agreement that they MUST hold any shows or have any amount of sales. They have to do that to QUALIFY but it doesn't say they are agreeing to do that to keep the kit. If they offer to return it PC does take it back but they aren't asking for them back if someone doesn't do shows.

I think PC does it that way so they don't have to go after all those that just take the kit and run - it's probably more costly to go after them than the kit is worth.

1. How do you handle the added stress of the holiday season while working at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that the holiday season can be a busy and stressful time. To help manage the added workload and pressure, we encourage our employees to prioritize tasks, delegate when possible, and take breaks when needed. We also offer stress management workshops and resources to help our employees cope during this time.

2. Do you have any tips for staying organized during the holiday rush?

Staying organized is key to managing stress during the holiday season. Some tips we recommend include creating a to-do list, setting realistic goals and deadlines, and utilizing tools like calendars or apps to keep track of tasks. It's also helpful to declutter and keep your workspace tidy to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

3. How do you maintain work-life balance during the holidays?

At Pampered Chef, we prioritize work-life balance for our employees year-round, but especially during the holidays. We encourage our employees to take time off when needed, set boundaries, and prioritize self-care. We also offer flexible work options to help our employees manage their personal and professional responsibilities.

4. How do you handle difficult customers or situations during the busy holiday season?

During the holiday season, emotions can run high and customer service may be put to the test. At Pampered Chef, we train our employees to handle difficult customers and situations with empathy and professionalism. We also have a customer service team that is available to assist with any escalated issues.

5. What resources does Pampered Chef provide to help employees during the holiday season?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to support our employees during the holiday season. This includes stress management workshops, flexible work options, and employee assistance programs. We also have a wellness program that promotes physical and mental well-being, which can be especially beneficial during this busy time of year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Sakinah Garrett-Corcoran
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • redsoxgirl