• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Unexpected Results: Is Pregnancy On the Horizon?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the disappointment of receiving a negative pregnancy test result while still being early in the cycle. The individual plans to test again later in the week and shares their optimistic attitude towards the possibility of pregnancy. Others offer support and share their own experiences with infertility. The conversation ends on a positive note, with the belief that things will happen when the time is right.
kdangel518
Gold Member
And it was negative. However, I'm still six days pre-AF and the test said you could find out as early as four days pre-AF, so I'm not totally ruling out pregnancy. I was definitely a little disappointed (even though we're not trying!) but I'm going to test again towards the end of this week/early next week to be a little more sure.

Who knows, maybe AF won't show? Again, we're of the mindset that if it doesn't happen now then now is just not our time, and it's back to bcp for me next month :blushing: But it would be really nice if now was our time! ;)

Thanks for all your support and well wishes, I will keep you updated! :D

*hugs*

My fingers (and toes) are crossed for you!! :)

I'm sorry! I know that disappointment. 6 days is early to test. I know it is hard to wait.

(((hugs))) Infertility is no fun at all! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I hope you get your BFP very soon.It took us 22 cycles to get pregnant. I learned a LOT during that interim, but picked up more tips while pregnant & waiting to TTC #2. When we got ready to try for our son, we lucked out on cycle #2 using some extra things to help us along. PM me if you want to chat about more options. I don't want to really go into too much detail here and embarrass myself or others in the open forum. ;)

Thanks ladies! Honestly, we aren't trying at all, lol. It would have been a surprise blessing if we were pg! I had some bcp misses this month, and some wierd symptoms these last two weeks... so that's why I'm thinking I might be.

You know, we have been waiting until we are more financially stable, have our own house, less debt, etc. etc. but now that we think we *might* be we both severly have the itch, lol.

We are both fairly young (I'm 30 and he's 32) so we've still got a few years to go ;). If it doesn't happen now, it will happen when the time is more right for us!

That's the best attitude to have! :)Seeing your note now on bcp misses this month...it could be hormones changing due to that. Hard to tell without being you. ;)

Kara, I received a negative result on a home preganancy test once. 4.5 months later the ultra sound not only showed I was, indeed, pregnant, but was half-way through the pregnancy!!! (missed periods were nothing unusual for me, and I had no other symptoms until my breasts started leaking). I, too, believe I tested too early.

Just a thought - if you wait until the perfect time, there will never be a perfect time. When we found out we were pregnant (both times) my husband paraphrased a saying from his native country (El Salvador), that is something like "God will always provide the bread when there is another mouth to feed." Ok, that's way off, but it's been at least 16 years since I've heard it, and you get the general idea.

oh kara, im so sorry it was negative. hopefully in a few days the test will be better! i know you weren't trying this month, but once you get that itch it becomes like a need you have to have.
i too have seen so many BFN's that I know that disappointment is torture and i know i always felt just like crying all day (we have been trying for almost a total of 8 months now, and each time I see a BFN it just gets harder).
I hope that if this is your time, that you will see a BFP later this week! But I love your attitude, great way to look at this. I should get an attitude like that! Maybe it will rub off on me! I was praying for you last night, my husband was even praying for you! (yes I told him you were goign to be testing) I hope our prayers work and I'll still be sendiing babydust to you!

Thanks everyone, and Jessica, thank you to you and your DH- you are too sweet!!!

It will happen at the right time, whether you are ready or not! LOL

1. What are some common signs that may indicate pregnancy?

Some common signs of pregnancy include missed periods, nausea and vomiting (morning sickness), breast tenderness, frequent urination, fatigue, and food cravings or aversions.

2. Can a woman still get pregnant while using birth control?

While birth control methods are highly effective, there is still a small chance of becoming pregnant while using them. This can happen if the birth control is not used correctly or if it fails. It's important to follow the instructions for your chosen birth control method carefully to reduce the risk of unintended pregnancy.

3. How soon can a pregnancy test accurately detect pregnancy?

Pregnancy tests can usually detect the pregnancy hormone, hCG, in urine about 10-14 days after conception. It is recommended to wait until you have missed a period to take a pregnancy test for the most accurate results. Some tests may be able to detect hCG even earlier, but it is important to follow the instructions on the test carefully.

4. Are there any lifestyle factors that can affect fertility?

Yes, certain lifestyle factors can affect fertility. These include smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, and being overweight or underweight. It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to increase the chances of conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy.

5. How can I prepare for a healthy pregnancy?

To prepare for a healthy pregnancy, it is important to eat a well-balanced and nutritious diet, exercise regularly, take a prenatal vitamin, and avoid harmful substances such as alcohol and tobacco. It is also recommended to schedule a preconception appointment with your healthcare provider to discuss any potential risk factors and make a plan for a healthy pregnancy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • starrmarie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
starrmarie
  • ShelbyMichalek